June delivery delay - Lotus now says July…

Featured
I was down for a June delivery but I’ve just received this from Lotus…

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production system and scheduled to be completed in June 2022. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your new Emira will be ready for handover in July 2022. Ahead of this, we will be in contact to arrange the delivery and handover with you. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

In the coming weeks we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in for your new Emira. Following that, a couple of weeks before handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.
We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

I’m not that surprised but was wondering if anyone else hoping for a June car has been told it’s still on or is everyone’s delayed a little?

Andrew

Reaction score
Will any customer car be delivered this summer? :)
Sorry but this just seem to be delaying on and on and on... initially they said spring... now it seems we'll not see a production car even in summer.
Lotus is similar to those crypto companies that show a nice whitepaper but then don't deliver anything : )

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Will any customer car be delivered this summer? :)
Sorry but this just seem to be delaying on and on and on... initially they said spring... now it seems we'll not see a production car even in summer.
Lotus is similar to those crypto companies that show a nice whitepaper but then don't deliver anything : )

Attachments

• 5d5efc9ba3780764c70dd2fff15261a6cabb2281a843fab14310dd5a874892c5-1.jpg
    5d5efc9ba3780764c70dd2fff15261a6cabb2281a843fab14310dd5a874892c5-1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 81

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Snap - had the same email today. Sounds like only a very minor delay
I just received this today 😟
It seems funny that a highly innovative company like Lotus gives delivery dates in seasons , when the leaves start falling you may receive your car , or may not if the weather changes 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 1F1DA7AD-9C1A-461F-AA04-ED9E1C10DE77.jpeg
    1F1DA7AD-9C1A-461F-AA04-ED9E1C10DE77.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 119

Gibbo205

Reaction score
I just received this today 😟
It seems funny that a highly innovative company like Lotus gives delivery dates in seasons , when the leaves start falling you may receive your car , or may not if the weather changes 🤣🤣🤣

Got the same!
I ordered 7th July, when did you order?

Gibbo205

Reaction score
8th July at 10 am at Goodwood look , I phoned them today they did not send me an email , not impressed 😟

Yeah I was around 2-3pm July 7th online. The delay is what it is, just the mixed messages is what is making things poor.

Emails should be sent out in one batch, with everyone at Lotus singing from rhyme sheet, to stop the mixed messages and confusion.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
They said it was the demand that has caused the delays , how does that work 😳

My only guess is they thought they could build X amount cars per month and now realised they cannot build that many for whatever reason, I guess they were maybe too optimistic with production capacity in the early months which now means less cars will be made each month, or certainly at the start.

The website currently states a 60 week leadtime for new orders, be interesting to see how that changes over time.

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My only guess is they thought they could build X amount cars per month and now realised they cannot build that many for whatever reason, I guess they were maybe too optimistic with production capacity in the early months which now means less cars will be made each month, or certainly at the start.

The website currently states a 60 week leadtime for new orders, be interesting to see how that changes over time.
They should have only taken 1 x deposit , and not the second one , they have broken their promise , why take 2x deposits ? And promise a June delivery

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They should have only taken 1 x deposit , and not the second one , they have broken their promise , why take 2x deposits ? And promise a June delivery
This is a new saying for Lotus 🤣
I want to be treated like a valued customer , and " made to feel Special "

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

But that’s a miscalculation on their part - it’s a bit odd to blame customer demand for production delays - especially for very early deposit holders.

I wonder if this will affect other markets and how bad the delays will be. 😞

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
But that’s a miscalculation on their part - it’s a bit odd to blame customer demand for production delays - especially for very early deposit holders.

I wonder if this will affect other markets and how bad the delays will be. 😞
Come on Lotus , tell us the truth , how hard can that be 😳

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yep me thinking the same, the demand has been there from the start, how does it suddenley change things.... After all It Lotus..... ant thing is posible..... guess it best they could come up with :ROFLMAO:

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
updates on another thread - quality control. They want to get the cars right and will take a little more time to do that.

Absolutely no issues with that, in-fact quite the opposite. Why not just say this?

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
updates on another thread - quality control. They want to get the cars right and will take a little more time to do that.

Absolutely no issues with that, in-fact quite the opposite. Why not just say this?
Come on... they bin building cars in one form another since Jan..... you telling me they can not put them together :ROFLMAO:

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Come on... they bin building cars in one form another since Jan..... you telling me they can not put them together :ROFLMAO:
It’s a new car on a new manufacturing process and I presume they’ll be building to tighter tolerances for customer cars. Doesn’t really matter how advanced your system is, things could still wrong so it’s reasonable.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s a new car on a new manufacturing process and I presume they’ll be building to tighter tolerances for customer cars. Doesn’t really matter how advanced your system is, things could still wrong so it’s reasonable.
Sorry having seen the factory..... lots of nice new kit...... but nothing new about how the cars are put together, just better tool. Once again , what ever the issue.... lotus are not being up front about it