June delivery delay - Lotus now says July…

Featured
I was down for a June delivery but I’ve just received this from Lotus…

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production system and scheduled to be completed in June 2022. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your new Emira will be ready for handover in July 2022. Ahead of this, we will be in contact to arrange the delivery and handover with you. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

In the coming weeks we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in for your new Emira. Following that, a couple of weeks before handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.
We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

I’m not that surprised but was wondering if anyone else hoping for a June car has been told it’s still on or is everyone’s delayed a little?

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Industry issues… not saying comms have been great either mind…

I have an M3 Comp X-Drive on order as well, it’s been pushed from May to late Aug delivery… so I’m pushing into Sept for resale on new reg etc.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm in the June batch but no email yet. I assume it's on the way.

Not at all surprised given all the supply chain disruption, and I'm pretty sanguine about it. I'm abroad for the first 3 weeks of July though, so it would be end of July before I get the car, especially as it will need a few days to get PPFed.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I have an M3 Comp X-Drive on order as well, it’s been pushed from May to late Aug delivery… so I’m pushing into Sept for resale on new reg etc.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus CS Coms……

At this time, we are currently awaiting
updates on deliveries for all customers.
we have reached out to a batch of
customers today, and once further data
has been provided, we will reach out to
advise accordingly.

Lotus CS Coms

There has been an unprecedented
demand for the Emira and the delay is
down to the production capacity.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

M3 you’ll love it what colour have you gone for ? I had the M4 with carbon exterior and the carbon Kylami bucket seats which were lush ( I might of already said ) sold it now as was too big a car for my needs and hoping Emira doesn’t disappoint 🤞

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Long time lurker here, Hi!
In theory was due a June delivery too, but have not received the dreaded email yet. Reached out to lotus following this thread and this is what they got back with:

"This has affected all June deliveries, we will be reaching out to all customer to advised accordingly."

They're sending them out in batches it seems and we've all got it coming sadly. Ah well, more patience...

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
M3 you’ll love it what colour have you gone for ? I had the M4 with carbon exterior and the carbon Kylami bucket seats which were lush ( I might of already said ) sold it now as was too big a car for my needs and hoping Emira doesn’t disappoint 🤞
Cheers, this will be my daily to replace M340i I have now.
Dravit Grey with Silverstone full leather & ultimate pack….
Can’t wait tbh….

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Cancelling an order based on a shifting delivery date for a brand new model, with expected supply and resources issues, seems a flakey excuse to me. 🤔 Sign of the times of the instant gratification generation and low attention “instagram effect”?? All good things come to those that wait…
Agreed. I moved my delivery to April 23 and put my deposit down 14th July so hopefully no delays for me 😎

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah but I want the latest plate possible, going into September not the end of the world for me now plate already returned 😊

Will be back end of September for me as I’m away for the first 2 weeks of that month,

#Deflated

Elisesquared

Reaction score
My original delivery date is Nov/Dec. I'm in New England, so once I receive delivery, it will be going straight into my garage for 4-5 months...just teasing me.

So, personally, I'm hoping mine actually gets delayed about 4 months! It will save me from having to worry about how to get it home with possible snow and salt on the road.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was at the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone today.......everybody I spoke to said their orders had been delayed by several months but many had no re-confirmation of due date......911's, 718, Taycans, Macans all 12 month plus wait........I know Lotus is a different issue , being a start up manufacturing and model, but I'd rather they get it sorted than push cars out for dealer rebuild as Mclaren did in the early days.........

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
so fair to assume a July delivery will now be August - I was originally June but was pushed back to July due to a config change

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus CS Coms……

At this time, we are currently awaiting
updates on deliveries for all customers.
we have reached out to a batch of
customers today, and once further data
has been provided, we will reach out to
advise accordingly.

Lotus CS Coms

There has been an unprecedented
demand for the Emira and the delay is
down to the production capacity.
I don't buy the reason is down to high demand and production capacity. They have know from the start the demand has been very high for them and they have had nearly a year to sort out upping production

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don't buy the reason is down to high demand and production capacity. They have know from the start the demand has been very high for them and they have had nearly a year to sort out upping production
Agreed, plus there's been cancelled orders and those waiting for the i4

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Agree High demand should effect the production line the other end and shouldn't effect the early cars.

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had the same email this morning.
Not had a response yet to my offer to help out by heading over and grabbing it as is in June without them needing to put in the effort of a full on hand over.

Last edited:

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My polestar was pushed back a month last month ... Just not going to get worked up about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Actually their reason is quite believable. "High demand" affects every single component/assembly on the car. They've had to increase their orders to all their suppliers, and all it takes is one supplier who makes a critical component/assembly to delay their delivery, and that would delay the entire production line. Just something simple like the steering wheel, or the seats; something they can't ignore and produce cars anyways.

This is not at all surprising considering how messed up the supply chain is right now for everything. If the delay is only one month, that's really not that bad.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Long time lurker here, Hi!
In theory was due a June delivery too, but have not received the dreaded email yet. Reached out to lotus following this thread and this is what they got back with:

"This has affected all June deliveries, we will be reaching out to all customer to advised accordingly."

They're sending them out in batches it seems and we've all got it coming sadly. Ah well, more patience...
I really don't understand why it's always in batches and some get the mails and others don't. Surely you choose your database by month and hit send!