JUBU Emira 500 Power upgrade

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I like the 460 option, might check if they can remove the exhaust components as I'm getting a titanium setup with bypass and headers. That would make it more palatable. Or are there other places in US that will / would offer similar
This is what I'm also interested in, as some of us already have headers, down pipes and/or a titanium exhaust.

All we need is an aftermarket ECU or an aftermarket tune for OEM ECU that supports these mods.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the info. These cars are so new it’s hard to know the facts and at least we have a forum we can pick each other’s brains and learn from each other.
I’m interested to hear from someone with a sports car and the headers to see if it can pass the emissions test.

So you're likely looking at something like the following:

- Headers & Y pipe
- Replacement cat
- Replacement muffler

1706032880406.png
1706032893074.png
1706032912856.png

These are Larini's offerings for the Evora but the Emira will be extremely similar.

Passing emissions test is dependent on what your local jurisdiction does and how thorough they are.
The majority of the emissions tests comes any combination of three tests:

Visual Inspection
Here they visually inspect what is easily visible from on top or under the car to see if anything has been modified that warrants further investigation. You would likely fail a visual inspection since the headers are easy to see with the plastic engine cover off the car.

Tailpipe Sniff Test
Here they will insert a probe into your tailpipe and measure pollutants and pass / fail based on a threshold level of pollutants while driving on a dynometer and a prescribed speed. You would likely pass as most of these tests are fairly lenient and meant to test older cars.

OBD2 Readiness Monitors
Here your ECU monitors oxygen values from the upstream and downstream sensors before and after the catalytic converter. As long as you're using headers and a catalytic converter that has ports to plug in your oxygen sensors and the extension cables that come with the exhaust like in the Larini above you should be able to pass the readiness monitors for your ECU.

Your locality matters a lot, here in California we usually get OBD2 readiness monitor and sometimes a visual inspection if the emissions tech is being thorough. MOT in the UK is more about visual inspection and tailpipe emissions sniff test -- but I believe you're exempt from the emissions testing for a few years.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So you're likely looking at something like the following:

- Headers & Y pipe
- Replacement cat
- Replacement muffler

View attachment 36139View attachment 36140View attachment 36141

These are Larini's offerings for the Evora but the Emira will be extremely similar.

Passing emissions test is dependent on what your local jurisdiction does and how thorough they are.
The majority of the emissions tests comes any combination of three tests:

Visual Inspection
Here they visually inspect what is easily visible from on top or under the car to see if anything has been modified that warrants further investigation. You would likely fail a visual inspection since the headers are easy to see with the plastic engine cover off the car.

Tailpipe Sniff Test
Here they will insert a probe into your tailpipe and measure pollutants and pass / fail based on a threshold level of pollutants while driving on a dynometer and a prescribed speed. You would likely pass as most of these tests are fairly lenient and meant to test older cars.

OBD2 Readiness Monitors
Here your ECU monitors oxygen values from the upstream and downstream sensors before and after the catalytic converter. As long as you're using headers and a catalytic converter that has ports to plug in your oxygen sensors and the extension cables that come with the exhaust like in the Larini above you should be able to pass the readiness monitors for your ECU.

Your locality matters a lot, here in California we usually get OBD2 readiness monitor and sometimes a visual inspection if the emissions tech is being thorough. MOT in the UK is more about visual inspection and tailpipe emissions sniff test -- but I believe you're exempt from the emissions testing for a few years.
Great reply and really helpful. What would be good is if someone brings out headers that have fake cats built into them. JUBU do a third cat replacement pipe with a fake cat built in.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it more or less known what improvement this represents in 0-100 or 0-200?
Even if you gain 40-50hp it’s not going to make a massive difference to the pull away because being manual there doesn’t have launch control. Launching is pretty pointless unless apart from drag racing and impressing your mates.
The V6 definitely pulls better from 2nd gear up.

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Even if you gain 40-50hp it’s not going to make a massive difference to the pull away because being manual there doesn’t have launch control. Launching is pretty pointless unless apart from drag racing and impressing your mates.
In my case it is automatic

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It seems that from what I have investigated, the automatic Emiras have quite a few problems using the jubu kit, I hope they develop some affordable option in the future since at the moment the option they give you is a swap to a DCT box for 25k euros

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It seems that from what I have investigated, the automatic Emiras have quite a few problems using the jubu kit, I hope they develop some affordable option in the future since at the moment the option they give you is a swap to a DCT box for 25k euros
is that for the 500 upgrade or all of them

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Seems they dont want to make holes in the OEM ECU, that's why they change the "hole" ECU :D

Last edited:

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Green Light GT we call it.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seems they dont want to make "HOLES" in the OEM ECU :D
The Syvecs ecu superior in every way to the oem and JUBU are only scratching the surface of what it can do. IROZ use it on their big turbo conversions including Hanks 1450 WHP sub 8 second 1/4 mile RS3.

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Syvecs ecu superior in every way to the oem and JUBU are only scratching the surface of what it can do. IROZ use it on their big turbo conversions including Hanks 1450 WHP sub 8 second 1/4 mile RS3.
It seems it is, but does anyone else (besides JUBU) offer the Syvecs ECU? I'm wondering if its possible to buy directly from Syvecs and then flash with the JUBU tune.

On side note, JUBU are now offering a 530 power upgrade....

1707227355502.png

Last edited:

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It seems it is, but does anyone else (besides JUBU) offer the Syvecs ECU? I'm wondering if its possible to buy directly from Syvecs and then flash with the JUBU tune.

On side note, JUBU are now offering a 530 power upgrade....

View attachment 36870
The 530 upgrade gives 535hp instead of 530 like you would expect. It uses the oem ecu and not a fully programmable one like the Syvecs.

Syvecs have been going for a long time and do stand alone and plug in units for most performance cars.

You can get them to control, nitrous, water/meth injection, self adjust for fuels like E85 and have much better protection features than oem ecus.

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The 530 upgrade gives 535hp instead of 530 like you would expect. It uses the oem ecu and not a fully programmable one like the Syvecs.

Syvecs have been going for a long time and do stand alone and plug in units for most performance cars.

You can get them to control, nitrous, water/meth injection, self adjust for fuels like E85 and have much better protection features than oem ecus.

Well pushing that kind of power JUBU recommend building the engine (new forged pistons, steel connecting rods, valve springs, oil pump, etc.), so the cost would be astronomical

Last edited:

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It seems it is, but does anyone else (besides JUBU) offer the Syvecs ECU? I'm wondering if its possible to buy directly from Syvecs
You can buy direct from Syvecs as I have done previously but you won’t get a unit that has all the correct connections and wiring because the bespoke kit is exclusive to JUBU. They also have the base program to use or have as a base for bespoke tuning. If you buy direct and have the wiring made by an auto electrician there is no way JUBU would sell you any maps or upgrades.

Last edited:

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well pushing that pour JUBU recommend building the engine (new forged pistons, steel connecting rods, valve springs, oil pump, etc.), so the cost would be astronomical
Sorry Finny76 I didn’t answer part of your message. I’ve been speaking directly with JUBU about these upgrades and you don’t need to go built engine unless going over 46hp. At 460 they limit the torque to roughly the same as their 440 upgrade.
Yes it’s expensive at E26k but if you have has any of the 440 or 460 upgrades they will reduce the price due to having parts already like the Syvecs.