• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Japan - Emira Ownership (エミーラ納車とその後)

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Took the car to Fuji speedway last week, I only drove on the short track, but still absolutely amazing! What a car!
Great pictures! How was the braking on the track? Especially at the end of the home straight and just before the chicane.

JamesW

Reaction score
Great pictures! How was the braking on the track? Especially at the end of the home straight and just before the chicane.

I wasn’t push the car very hard, so can’t tell in extreme situations
but overall the break was actually pretty good, has enough stopping power, does not fade easily. Only thing is that you do feel it’s a 1.5t car

Nick219

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Delivery, even manufacturing schedule for i4 is still unclear... for Japanese market. I'm not sure how many addtional months/years should we wait for? I suppose some of customers who deposited money would ask LCI to cancel/refund the initial payment. Have you all ever heard about that?

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
According to repeated assurances by my LCI salesman, my i4 FE is scheduled to be manufactured this month of November 2023. (I am told it will take additional 3 - 4 months before I can actually take delivery).

I am curious to hear if I get an actual confirmation from LCI by the end of this month concerning the actual completion of my car in Hethel, UK?

Like Nick219, I am curious if anyone here in Japan have the experience of cancelling any Emira from importer/retailer LCI for the reason that promised delivery time (by LCI) has not been kept?

The 10% payment at the time of signing contract is supposedly not refundable.

Nick219

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
According to repeated assurances by my LCI salesman, my i4 FE is scheduled to be manufactured this month of November 2023. (I am told it will take additional 3 - 4 months before I can actually take delivery).

I am curious to hear if I get an actual confirmation from LCI by the end of this month concerning the actual completion of my car in Hethel, UK?

Like Nick219, I am curious if anyone here in Japan have the experience of cancelling any Emira from importer/retailer LCI for the reason that promised delivery time (by LCI) has not been kept?

That's my point. I also carefully read the letter of intent that I singed off last year, which clearly desribes "10% of Emira price" must be paied if you want to cancel it. However, it's been delayed a lot, and most of the people would be patient until the year end, but if further delay is expected again, I'm not sure if somebody(including me) raise thier hands to urgue....

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's my point. I also carefully read the letter of intent that I singed off last year, which clearly desribes "10% of Emira price" must be paied if you want to cancel it. However, it's been delayed a lot, and most of the people would be patient until the year end, but if further delay is expected again, I'm not sure if somebody(including me) raise thier hands to urgue....

Technically speaking I do not (yet) consider my i4 FE to be delayed (according to the information and promises I have received from Japan importer LCI).

When I signed the contract in April 2022, I was told that the car would be delivered “either in May 2023 or later”. The “later” was an unspecified term.

During summer 2023, for the first time my LCI salesman told me that my specific car now had received a manufacturing spot (at the Hethel factory) in November 2023, but that shipping, homlogation, preparation etc would take additional time, so actual delivery would be within the end of March 2024.

We read a lot about “delays” on this forum and in other media, but the only thing that counts is promises by your importer/retailer (LCI here in Japan).

I will only consider my car to be delayed if I hear that it wasn’t built as promised in November 2023, and if it cannot be delivered to me within the end of March 2024.

I am curious about what promises your Lotus retailer in Japan has made to you, Nick219, and what is your rationale to consider your particular car to be delayed? 🤔😇

khiro

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
私が、7月18日にLCIで聞いたときには、2023年9月製造と言われました。私のi4は、2022年4月オーダーです。その後、連絡は一切ありません。

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
私が、7月18日にLCIで聞いたときには、2023年9月製造と言われました。私のi4は、2022年4月オーダーです。その後、連絡は一切ありません。
khiro:
I originally ordered my i4 in July 2021, and I confirmed specs and paid 10% of purchase price is in April 2022 (the original deposit was deducted). I have been in occasional contact with my LCI salesman, and I was told in late July 2023 that my particular car will be made in November 2023. This was reconfirmed recently (late October 2023).

(Google Translation) :)
最初に i4 を注文したのは 2021 年 7 月で、スペックを確認し、購入価格の 10% を 2022 年 4 月に支払いました (当初のデポジットは差し引かれました)。私は LCI のセールスマンと時折連絡を取り合っており、2023 年 7 月下旬に私の特定の車は 2023 年 11 月に製造されると言われました。これは最近 (2023 年 10 月下旬) 再確認されました。

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
このスレッドでは納車後の体験談をシェアしましょう :giggle:
納車までの長い長い道のりは「Japan - Shipping and Delivery (輸送中エミーラ目撃情報)」でどうぞ!(長いスレッドになりそうだw)

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
このスレッドでは納車後の体験談をシェアしましょう :giggle:
納車までの長い長い道のりは「Japan - Shipping and Delivery (輸送中エミーラ目撃情報)」でどうぞ!(長いスレッドになりそうだw)

We are unfortunately tired of waiting to take possession of what we already partly prepaid (at least 10%) for driving. So we demand to “pre-drive”. (Actually the other day I was offered to take the automatic shadow grey with red interior Emira press car for a spin. Unfortunately it did not work out since I had another appointment to rush for….)

It is especially tough for us that picked the i4 early on and placed an order in summer 2021. We have been kept waiting while others who placed their order for a V6 at a much later date than us are taking delivery of these V6 cars, while we are still kept waiting for our i4 cars.

I get your point regarding “appropriate thread” and think it may be needed that there is a new thread for “Frustrated Emira drivers kept waiting due to delays” established (ha ha ha)

Last edited:

Dee

Reaction score
Some time ago, I took a drive on the Hakone Turnpike.
image0[12586].jpeg

#アネスト岩田ターンパイク箱根

Dee

Reaction score
‼️Volume warning‼️

This is my EMIRA exhaust sound.
First is tour mode.
Second is sport mode.
Last is track mode.
I always drive in sport mode.
#emiraexhaust

Attachments