• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Japan - Emira Ownership (エミーラ納車とその後)

khiro

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
馬山、あなたと一緒にツアーできたらいいのに。でも、i4はいつ手に入るかはまだわかりません。

JamesW

Reaction score
I didn't know that any brands of cars can run this track,,, I thought only Ferrari should have been allowed...
Any car can drive on that circuit there were couple of JDM that day as well

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Pickup day ! Immediately went for gas ;)
PXL_20231125_061510476.jpg

46.7L pumped !
PXL_20231125_070650663.jpg

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Going forward, updated stickers will be used.
今後、発行されるシールは修正バージョンとなります。旧バージョンはレア・アイテムとなり価値が爆上がりの予感!
1700902350797.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So far, noone is complaining about Android Auto ?
アンドロイドでの不具合報告って上がってきてませんね。

I will formally complain now. Upon delivery, my dealer told me that wireless (bluetooth) Android Auto will not work. I tried, and yes, it does not work. The car and phone (Android 14) can connect at the bluetooth level, but not at the Android Auto level. Same situation as the iPhone (iOS) users in Japan.
納車時にディーラーにも言われたのですが、Android でも Android Auto の無線接続は使えないですね。Bluetooth のペアリングはできるのですが、Android Auto として使うには今のところ USB 接続しかないようです。これもアップデート待ちかな。ひじ掛けの中に押し込められたスマホがかわいそう。

• Face Palm
Reactions: ino

Chaos

Reaction score
I will formally complain now. Upon delivery, my dealer told me that wireless (bluetooth) Android Auto will not work. I tried, and yes, it does not work. The car and phone (Android 14) can connect at the bluetooth level, but not at the Android Auto level. Same situation as the iPhone (iOS) users in Japan.
納車時にディーラーにも言われたのですが、Android でも Android Auto の無線接続は使えないですね。Bluetooth のペアリングはできるのですが、Android Auto として使うには今のところ USB 接続しかないようです。これもアップデート待ちかな。ひじ掛けの中に押し込められたスマホがかわいそう。
I heard the fact is that this function is based on region cause setup rely on the regulations in different country.
In China, Only Huawei can be used to Auto level.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Have your dealer told you that the inability of Japan market Emira to connect wirelessly to Android Auto Level, and I assume the similar function of Apple CarPlay, is a continuous non-fixable issue, or can we expect a fix through software updates or even exchange of some hardware. LCI Limited, in cooperation with Lotus Cars, should provide a solution to this problem.

(Google translate:)
日本市場向けの Emira が Android Auto にワイヤレスで接続できないことは、Apple CarPlay と同様に継続的に修正不可能な問題だと思いますが、ソフトウェア アップデートや一部のハードウェアの交換によって修正が期待できるとディーラーから言われましたか。ロータス カーズと協力している LCI Limited が解決するべきだと思います。

Last edited:

shin73

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Emira passed the golf club test
Need to pull out the driver and 3 wood first to fit the bag and the put them back in , once it’s in there still plenty of space for small stuff

Good stuff! Thanks for checking. when my car finally comes, I’ll just keep the Dr and 3w at home, probably will score my best round ever…

Also saw a vid on YouTube demonstrating how golf bags will fit not only in the boot but also in the rear compartment so good to go with the missie!

Last edited:

JamesW

Reaction score
Good stuff! Thanks for checking. when my car finally comes, I’ll just keep the Dr and 3w at home, probably will score my best round ever…

Also saw a vid on YouTube demonstrating how golf bags will fit not only in the boot but also in the rear compartment so good to go with the missie!

Nice! Seems like the bag fits perfectly behind the seats and still has spaces for other small bags lol ,

can't believe you can actually fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the car lol

Masan

Reaction score
I gave up on wireless connectivity and purchased an "Airplay AI Box." The result was no connection. orz I hope this is helpful.

私はワイヤレス接続を諦めて、単体でAndroidAutoが動く「Airplay Ai Box」という3万円ほどのアダプタを購入してみました。残念ながら作動せず、参考になれば幸いです。

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Sports suspension doesn't like the rutty roads around Tokyo Disneyland - lots of "feedback" to the steering wheel. Otherwise the car glides over bumps and gaps and makes me almost forget about the speed limits...
トレッド幅が道に合わないのか、国道357号のワダチ (浦安~船橋あたり) にハンドルとられまくりです。それ以外の悪路 (ギャップ、うねり、凹凸、等) はへっちゃらで気付くと飛ばしてしまいますね。楽しい!