❔ QUESTION Is it still OK to use a hand-held pressure washer to wash a car with PPF or should this be avoided?

BarryH

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry might be a dumb question, but the Emira is the first car I've ever bothered to get PPF (full car). Is it OK to still do the the Snow-Foam thing and subsequent rinse with a pressure washer (lowest setting) or is it back to hand-washing with a bucket?

Also any thoughts on the appropriate car wash to use (the PPF has a ceramic coating)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry might be a dumb question, but the Emira is the first car I've ever bothered to get PPF (full car). Is it OK to still do the the Snow-Foam thing and subsequent rinse with a pressure washer (lowest setting) or is it back to hand-washing with a bucket?

Also any thoughts on the appropriate car wash to use (the PPF has a ceramic coating)

I use a pressure washer and foam cannon on my PPF'd cars all the time. You'll be fine. Just use common sense and the correct nozzle (I think I usually use the 40° one for rinsing).

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If PPF edges are exposed, avoid hitting them with really high water pressure.

Any car wash is fine. Just follow the standard dilution instructions provided by the manufacturer.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wondered the exact same thing when was researching PPF and washing. Probably was an issue 10 years ago when PPF films were lower quality and the seams were easier to lift. Most dedicated car wash soaps are PPF safe now. I also avoid spraying against the edges (most are tucked anyway) close up and at the seams (common sense stuff). 40 deg on the nozzle for me as well and always keep about 2'+ from painted surfaces.
Also try to avoid going in the lift (peel back) direction where there is a seam with the sponge/mat so it doesnt grab it.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree with Green. I've run my PPF"d cars through the touchless washes with no issues. Not sure I'll run the Emira through one even with PPF, but that's for other reasons.