will emiras still go over msrp in the US?

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
at the very beginning i expect them to be about 10k-15k over MSRP

thats already how much dealerships are adding to orphaned First Editions. im sure price will tank quick just like any car however

Last edited:

Subw00er

Reaction score

thats already how much dealerships are adding to orphaned First Editions.
This is not true, some dealers are overcharging and being dicks, not all by any stretch. Mostly Florida/Texas/Cali dealers doing it.. Don't buy from them.. let them sit on floor plans and cost them money. Down with scum dealers!!! :)

drjazzsk

Reaction score
You spoke too soon. There's a Seneca Blue on BAT right now.

how does one know if there is a reserve or what the reserve is? Current price is below FE2

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't think there is a huge money to be made or lost here. I suspect after initial demand wanes, there may be a softening of demand and prices. However, over time they may become more desirable.

Frankly, they don't have a really good competitor today. I don't see any real competition to this formula for the foreseeable future.

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Most non-car people that I know have NO idea what a Lotus is. They know Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, some know McLaren. Thats about it. Once Emira’s hit the street, they will gain brand desirability. Until then, I don’t expect values to go up near term.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree that street cred will increase. however, I think future inflation is directly related to reliability. if these cars are reliable, I don't see how they don't hold value or appreciate over time. it's a unique package. However, if said unique package is known to be unreliable, those that are on the fence won't bite- it will remain for the harder core enthusiast who is willing to wait 3 years for their car, deal with non-responsive dealers and cars that you can't wash. :ROFLMAO:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Of course this is speculation on my part, but once pricing for Base editions is released (probably around September), then the likely higher purchase cost of Base vs FE might increase dealer's asking prices for FE cars.

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score

thats already how much dealerships are adding to orphaned First Editions. im sure price will tank quick just like any car however
What they charge and what they get are different animals. They could add all they want, but the days of ADMs are over and the worm has turned in the buyers favor. I’d worry more about reliability issues and the fact that people are already seeking Lemon Law resolution here in the states. Once that begins and word is out, prices could tank.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Other factor is the economy. The UK had a pretty serious pull back that impacted all luxury cars and contributed to slowed emira sales. It’s entirely possible something like that hits the US and demand cools temporarily. …as I’m writing this, that’s only temporary. The demand will be the demand based on how good the car is in the real world and how hard it is to buy. time will tell.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What is your deal? Are you just on the forum to try to egg on a perception of reduced value/desirability?

Emira prices in the UK are depressed because their economy is depressed. McLaren prices are down there as well. There's no corresponding downward pressure in the US market, which is why you see the Emira holding value. The one on BaT is at $100k already.

If you're simply a person who missed the window to get a car when the price was lower, and you're frustrated about that, just say so. That's perfectly reasonable. In fact someone might help you find a car at a price that works for you. But don't try to foment a narrative of declining value. That's negative for everyone.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What is your deal? Are you just on the forum to try to egg on a perception of reduced value/desirability?

Emira prices in the UK are depressed because their economy is depressed. McLaren prices are down there as well. There's no corresponding downward pressure in the US market, which is why you see the Emira holding value. The one on BaT is at $100k already.

If you're simply a person who missed the window to get a car when the price was lower, and you're frustrated about that, just say so. That's perfectly reasonable. In fact someone might help you find a car at a price that works for you. But don't try to foment a narrative of declining value. That's negative for everyone.

I’m here to learn and share data points and other tidbits of knowledge. Whether bad OR good. What is your deal? Are you a fanboy that doesn’t want to see flaws in what you purchased? I’m not that type of consumer.

Did you watch the video? He talks about the U.S. market and the differences between the two. This thread is talking about possible values, so I think a realistic take on where this car could be (whether MSRP or otherwise) is relevant. Speculation in the market is just that, but there are indicators that can give us some clues. The car on BaT is not representative of what the Emira will fetch when all these cars are delivered imo. Despite what other posts have said there aren’t many legitimate Emiras being sold outside their allotments, and the people buying those handful of cars are absolutely paying a premium… because there hasn’t been supply.

… and what are you talking about? I’ve never made any comment about MSRP anywhere on this forum, so where are you getting that from exactly?

1713969801452.gif

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m here to learn and share data points and other tidbits of knowledge. Whether bad OR good. What is your deal? Are you a fanboy that doesn’t want to see flaws in what you purchased? I’m not that type of consumer.

Did you watch the video? He talks about the U.S. market and the differences between the two. This thread is talking about possible values, so I think a realistic take on where this car could be (whether MSRP or otherwise) is relevant. Speculation in the market is just that, but there are indicators that can give us some clues. The car on BaT is not representative of what the Emira will fetch when all these cars are delivered imo. Despite what other posts have said there aren’t many legitimate Emiras being sold outside their allotments, and the people buying those handful of cars are absolutely paying a premium… because there hasn’t been supply.

… and what are you talking about? I’ve never made any comment about MSRP anywhere on this forum, so where are you getting that from exactly?

View attachment 41827
Sorry if I caught you in the crossfire. Not really aimed at you. We've had a raft of people wandering into this forum and into the Facebook groups, saying crap like, "Emiras will be $80k or less in two months! Everybody buying one is a fool!" It's annoying and creates a bunch of negativity noise.

The YouTubers who are publishing clickbait about "falling" values are 100% the same kind of shitty obnoxious mentality. There's no need to even watch their content, the title slide tells the whole story about their analytical value.

So I apologize, it's not what you yourself said, but maybe the fact that you unintentionally amplified the clickbait by sharing it. I'm just tired.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry if I caught you in the crossfire. Not really aimed at you. We've had a raft of people wandering into this forum and into the Facebook groups, saying crap like, "Emiras will be $80k or less in two months! Everybody buying one is a fool!" It's annoying and creates a bunch of negativity noise.

The YouTubers who are publishing clickbait about "falling" values are 100% the same kind of shitty obnoxious mentality. There's no need to even watch their content, the title slide tells the whole story about their analytical value.

So I apologize, it's not what you yourself said, but maybe the fact that you unintentionally amplified the clickbait by sharing it. I'm just tired.

No worries, and it’s forgotten on my part.

This particular YouTuber is one of the reasons I jumped on purchasing my Porsche when I did in 2020, and I’m glad I did… I got it for a steal, and could sell it right now for a profit if I wanted, but not planning on that.

If I’ve sounded negative about this car it’s not something I want to be “known for”… I’m actually very excited for this car, having seen it in person and driven it. It’s FANTASTIC. However, the issues with QC is troubling to me, so I tend to post in the problem threads more to ask additional questions.

This Lotus will not be my car… it’s my wife’s allocation, and she was told to expect delivery within 30 days. She’s been waiting since 9/2021, and we’ve had no problem paying MSRP for the V2 she will be getting… I just want her to have an amazing experience. I want to be aware and minimize any headaches with ownership, and so far all the issues that have been brought up in this forum haven’t deterred her. She knows about them all. She’s down. She’s soooo down… and in turn, so am I.

I am a supporter of this car… but that doesn’t mean I will ignore its flaws.