i4 Weird Jostling at Low Speeds

To your point, I spoke with a sales person at Lotus in Beverly Hills and he mentioned that was inherent to the DTC cars but mentioned only one car that did a good job at avoiding this glitch. I think he mentioned Porsche but don't recall for certain.
We have the 992.2 and a Mk8.5 Golf R, both dual clutch and neither behave badly at slow speeds or in stop/start traffic. To be honest the wife has had Golfs in DSG form since the Mk5 and even back then it was good at this but no doubt the later versions are better this.

I reckon it is more a quirk of the Mercedes dual clutch unit than a common behaviour of all dual clutch transmissions and when you do a search this seems to be the case. I think the more you drive it you will learn to adapt your driving style to suit.
 
We have the 992.2 and a Mk8.5 Golf R, both dual clutch and neither behave badly at slow speeds or in stop/start traffic. To be honest the wife has had Golfs in DSG form since the Mk5 and even back then it was good at this but no doubt the later versions are better this.

I reckon it is more a quirk of the Mercedes dual clutch unit than a common behaviour of all dual clutch transmissions and when you do a search this seems to be the case. I think the more you drive it you will learn to adapt your driving style to suit.
Yes You Will Learn unless you want to drop the clutch and stall it..Its funny driving this and feeling it and knowing
driving a clutch car you may have felt it or your first day of learning...But not Automatic ...
Enjoy the I4 and push the accelerator pedal with some foot pressure..
 
We have the 992.2 and a Mk8.5 Golf R, both dual clutch and neither behave badly at slow speeds or in stop/start traffic. To be honest the wife has had Golfs in DSG form since the Mk5 and even back then it was good at this but no doubt the later versions are better this.

I reckon it is more a quirk of the Mercedes dual clutch unit than a common behaviour of all dual clutch transmissions and when you do a search this seems to be the case. I think the more you drive it you will learn to adapt your driving style to suit.
Even those systems have a bit of a rubber banding feel if you drive it like a traditional automatic. They're just more sensitive to throttle application technique. As you say, you have to adapt to it.
 
We have the 992.2 and a Mk8.5 Golf R, both dual clutch and neither behave badly at slow speeds or in stop/start traffic. To be honest the wife has had Golfs in DSG form since the Mk5 and even back then it was good at this but no doubt the later versions are better this.

I reckon it is more a quirk of the Mercedes dual clutch unit than a common behaviour of all dual clutch transmissions and when you do a search this seems to be the case. I think the more you drive it you will learn to adapt your driving style to suit.
Do we even know if it is a Mercedes transmission? I know the engine is AMG but not sure about the trans.
 
Again, this is a known trans issue with MB and Lotus is waiting for the MB update.
 
Do we even know if it is a Mercedes transmission? I know the engine is AMG but not sure about the trans.
100% certain it’s the Mercedes DCT that comes with the A45 minus its AWD and yes it’s a know issue with the Mercedes DCT. Whether Mercedes sort it with a software update is something we all can hope for but if not it’s something we all have to adapt our driving style to work around it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top