Hi Team, look what I can buy for $63K! thoughts?

OP
lion shf

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
As a Bimmer fan and owner, I still can't believe how BMW is managing to make such hideous cars. I won't be buying any more anytime soon. I wouldn't care if it were $40K. Maybe I put too much into looks over price/performance but I just can't get past this one.
You know what’s crazy? I LOVE the design.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm sure it's fun to drive, but everyone on the road hates you... and it's soooo ugly. Plus, from my experience, the Bimmer community sucks. I'd rather have a Cayman or C8 over that any day.
I kinda wanted an i8 for a while. If a deal came my way I might lose sleep. I know they’re kinda fake with the speakers and all but damn they look good and are quick as 💩

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nice car. Just not a BMW fan
I know I’m going to get hammered on comments on this but I just bought this toy and it amazing for what it is.
2023 Subaru BRZ limited $32k
Great car. So much value. No guilt pounding it on road and track but be careful with sustained right handers. Oil pressure drops apparently. Our driving group has at least 3 of them and the same guys that own them also have track weapons costing 10x as much.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great car. So much value. No guilt pounding it on road and track but be careful with sustained right handers. Oil pressure drops apparently. Our driving group has at least 3 of them and the same guys that own them also have track weapons costing 10x as much.
To be fair, I suspect the Emira will need similar oil pan baffle remedies.

Tobiasz17azs

Reaction score
Only thing I like about new m2 is engine . Otherwise I wouldnt never spend even 50k for something what looks like LEGO car . I just sold mine m2C to get emira . This was a true m car
IMG_5491.jpeg

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Only thing I like about new m2 is engine . Otherwise I wouldnt never spend even 50k for something what looks like LEGO car . I just sold mine m2C to get emira . This was a true m car View attachment 37084
I went with a different BMW. This one attracts attention far more than I expected. Its seats are among the best I've experienced, and power/acceleration is superb.
Supra Driveway Side.jpg

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I went with a different BMW. This one attracts attention far more than I expected. Its seats are among the best I've experienced, and power/acceleration is superb.View attachment 37663
Did you test drive the Emira? If so give a quick comparison between the two. Correct me if I am wrong, I think the Supra is known having surprise performance based on its price. Will you be tinting the windows?

Tobiasz17azs

Reaction score
Did you test drive the Emira? If so give a quick comparison between the two. Correct me if I am wrong, I think the Supra is known having surprise performance based on its price. Will you be tinting the windows?
It’s a bmw with Toyota body . B58 engine is spectacular.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I really wanted to test drive the Emira, here in Southern CA but I missed the drive events that the dealerships had. However, I have driven many sports cars over the last 5 years, including:
McLaren 570S Spider
Porsche 911 4S
Jaguar F-Type
C8 Corvette
I just recently reached the 1200 mile break-in, and quite frankly am shocked at how much torque the B58 produces, even at low RPMs. Visibility is similar to my MX5 with the top up, but I am used to that.
The heads-up display is excellent, as is the radar cruise and other electronic driver aids.
It does feel like an exotic, and I keep thinking of excuses to take it for a ride. Purchase price in November was close to $70K with tax and options that were pre-installed/included. (Carbon fiber side view mirror caps, safety kit, and anti-theft wheel lug nuts) I did have to pay $1500 over MSRP, as this 45th anniversary model in Mikan Blast color is one of only 450 in the US.

Last edited: