Hi from suuny Yorkshire

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome and congratulations! Based on your username it'll be interesting to hear what cars you're coming from and why you've decided to get an Emira.

OP
New to Lotus

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
V6 fe manual.
My car history is vast and very diverse all kinds of cars bmw m3 m4 m5, all a bit soft I hear you say but I in the past had some real hard core track cars kit cars and older modified cars with modern engines, i think they call them retro cars now. I always liked lotus but as I have got on in years and size! There current cars were just a step too far. This car is bigger inside and has some of the creature comforts I now have become used to. I wanted something fun to drive that I can fit in.
EMIRA it is.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Excellent! It’ll be interesting to hear your experience driving the Emira and how well it gets that balance between practicality and fun compared to your previous cars. Now we’ve got to be patient and wait!

OP
New to Lotus

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree I hope there will be some kind of demonstration drives available early next year?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Dealer demo cars are due March/April. Press reviews just before that.

OP
New to Lotus

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Would be a nice touch to have a demo day at Hethel with a factory tour for new owners!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's being discussed. Deposit holders on Launch Edition Evoras were invited to the factory to meet the project team, see the design studios and production hall and play on the test track in Elises before the production cars were built.

Covid currently means no customers on site but hopefully that will get easier.

OP
New to Lotus

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Great news Tom let's hope it comes of. I think this car could be a bit of a game changer. Take into account the wider track and increased aero, with the power, weight and torque that comes in earlier due to the supercharger and better gearing should be 👍

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Great news Tom let's hope it comes of. I think this car could be a bit of a game changer. Take into account the wider track and increased aero, with the power, weight and torque that comes in earlier due to the supercharger and better gearing should be 👍

Maybe I'm misreading your comment, but has there been mention of revised gearing for the 6 speed manual box? Will it be different than the Evoras?

OP
New to Lotus

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I asked what has changed with the engine and box from the evora as it now seems to produce a bit less bhp, the reply I got was due to emissions and regulations the engine and box had been re tuned to suit the emira. A bit vague I suppose.