• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hello from SF Bay Area!

Dlirium

Reaction score
I’m number 21 on the list at Boardwalk Lotus in Redwood City, California. Other than having given them my $5k deposit, I haven’t heard anything. Pretty set on the Yellow with the Black Contrast as (hopefully) attached. I’ve been looking at Evora’s for a long time but never pulled the trigger. This would be my first Lotus - sure hope this isn’t a bad idea :)
7FCE1EB9-1AAC-434E-8069-B7CD8FB040B6.jpeg

-brent

Oak100

Reaction score
When did you put your deposit? Strange I also put a deposit 2 weeks ago for $2500 at boardwalk. I'm just under 100.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome and congratulations on having a deposit down.

The Emira show car is due to be in the US in Nov/Dec. I’m not sure which dealers are being visited or exact dates but worth contacting your dealer to ask.

I think there are some car events Lotus may be attending with the car too. Keep an eye on here and I’m sure info will get posted.

If you’ve not had a Lotus before then getting an extended test drive in an Evora will give you a good idea of ride and handling plus the sound of the V6 option.

Great colour choice. I’m doing the same.

Last edited:
OP
Dlirium

Dlirium

Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on having a deposit down.

The Emira show car is due to be in the US in Nov/Dec. I’m not sure which dealers are being visited or exact dates but worth contacting your dealer to ask.

I think there are some car events Lotus may be attending with the car too. Keep an eye on here and I’m sure info will get posted.

if you’ve not had a Lotus before then getting an extended test drive in an Evora will give you a good idea of ride and handling plus the sound of the V6 option.

Great colour choice. I’m doing the same.
Thanks Tom for the info!!! I will see if they can let me buzz around in an Evora...

OP
Dlirium

Dlirium

Reaction score
When did you put your deposit? Strange I also put a deposit 2 weeks ago for $2500 at boardwalk. I'm just under 100.
Oh, heck - I did it the day I heard the Emira was a thing. That was back in June maybe? I know, i was a little late to the party...

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My dealer (Summit, NJ) has emailed saying that the viewing will be December 11. Not sure if they're going east to west or west to east. As I understand it seems to be the same blue show car that's being shipped all around.

Oak100

Reaction score
Oh, heck - I did it the day I heard the Emira was a thing. That was back in June maybe? I know, i was a little late to the party...
Ahh that makes sense. I'm in the back of the line. Though they mentioned they have 200 allocations of FEs. Not sure how much truth to that there is or maybe just to get me to give them a 0% interest loan.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the future Lotus Emira family. Emira will be my first Lotus as well. Although invitations have not gone out yet, but I have a showing date of late November in Florida.

Widman

Reaction score
Thanks Tom for the info!!! I will see if they can let me buzz around in an Evora...
Ahh that makes sense. I'm in the back of the line. Though they mentioned they have 200 allocations of FEs. Not sure how much truth to that there is or maybe just to get me to give them a 0% interest loan.
Someone today told me he saw an Emira on a trailer on Rt. 37 in the SF Bay Area. Anyone know of its whereabouts?

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the. Forum. Still have to complete my intro as well..

My fiend and I also have deposits at Boardwalk. Paid in December. I think I’m number 140. Please post if you hear of the Emira coming to town. Want to see it in person!

khamai

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Emira dealer tour in Nov-Dec 2021 didn't stop in the Bay Area. The west coast leg of the fall tour stopped in Vegas, Seattle & LA. Also, in Aug 2021 the Emira has it's North American introduction during Monterey Week at the The Quail show (see photo). Finally, we've been told that there is demo tour planned for spring 2022.

Suggest joining or following the Golden Gate Lotus Club, website: www.gglotus.org or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GoldenGateLotusClub for Lotus news in California.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

IMG_1357.jpg

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just joined the GGLC on Facebook. Maybe we’ll run into each other someday. I think I'll sign up for some of their track events just to see some Lotus in action and learn from the owners.