First planned trip in your Emira

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As those of us in the U.S. wait patiently (or not so patiently) for the production of our cars to begin, I wonder how many of you have already started thinking about where you'd go in your first road trip. For me, it will be a route from the Bay Area down PCH to L.A. I'm buying the car from Boardwalk Lotus in Redwood City and plan to head straight over to the coast. One highlight will be getting a photo from the Hurricane Point viewpoint toward the Bixby Bridge in the vicinity of Big Sur, which is featured in the Emira's configurator video viewpoint. Where do you plan to go?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had hoped to take mine to Newfoundland for Newfoundland Targa. Epic drive, hitting the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia and taking the oversea ferry to Port Aux Basques.

I'm still planning on going, but Emira won't arrive in time for 2023 and this event is typically every 2 years. Where I take it first may depend on the time of year it's delivered.

Copy and pasting the North American portion of my road bucket list, maybe there's inspiration here for others. I've driven all but the last 4 at this point (2 of them are dirt tracks and not Emira suitable).

• ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Route 66 (Lotus Exige S240)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Road to Hana - Hawaii (Jeep Wrangler)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Pacific Coast Highway - California (Shelby Mustang)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Bear tooth highway - Montana (BMW 330ci)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Chief Joseph Highway - Wyoming (BMW 330ci)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Blue Ridge Parkway - Virginia (Model 3 Performance / ND Miata)
  • ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Cabot Trail - Nova Scotia (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Viking Trail (Jeep Wrangler)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Tail of the dragon - North Carolina (Model 3 Performance / ND Miata / Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Cherohala Skyway - Tennessee (ND Miata)
  • ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Sea to sky Hwy - Vancouver (Honda Fit)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Million Dollar Highway- Colorado (Lotus Elise)
  • Pikes Peak (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Mount Palomar "Highway to the Stars" - California (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Pikes Peak (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Angel's Crest - Los Angeles (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Monument Valley (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ White rim trail - Moab, Utah
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Timber Gulch, Oregon
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Going-to-the-Sun-Road, Glacier National Park - Montana
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Denali Hwy - Alaska

Last edited:
OP
Drlonline

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had hoped to take mine to Newfoundland for Newfoundland Targa. Epic drive, hitting the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia and taking the oversea ferry to Port Aux Basques.

I'm still planning on going, but Emira won't arrive in time for 2023 and this event is typically every 2 years. Where I take it first may depend on the time of year it's delivered.

Copy and pasting the North American portion of my road bucket list, maybe there's inspiration here for others. I've driven all but the last 4 at this point (2 of them are dirt tracks and not Emira suitable).

• ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Route 66 (Lotus Exige S240)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Road to Hana - Hawaii (Jeep Wrangler)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Pacific Coast Highway - California (Shelby Mustang)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Bear tooth highway - Montana (BMW 330ci)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Chief Joseph Highway - Wyoming (BMW 330ci)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Blue Ridge Parkway - Virginia (Model 3 Performance / ND Miata)
  • ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Cabot Trail - Nova Scotia (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Viking Trail (Jeep Wrangler)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Tail of the dragon - North Carolina (Model 3 Performance / ND Miata / Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Cherohala Skyway - Tennessee (ND Miata)
  • ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Sea to sky Hwy - Vancouver (Honda Fit)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Million Dollar Highway- Colorado (Lotus Elise)
  • Pikes Peak (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Mount Palomar "Highway to the Stars" - California (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Pikes Peak (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Angel's Crest - Los Angeles (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Monument Valley (Lotus Elise)
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ White rim trail - Moab, Utah
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Timber Gulch, Oregon
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Going-to-the-Sun-Road, Glacier National Park - Montana
  • ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Denali Hwy - Alaska
Pretty impressive list of trips. Now I understand your username. One of my most memorable trips was the Utah national parks, Monument Valley, Arches, Zion and Bryce Canyon, which I did in my BMW i8. I've done Angeles Crest Highway many times since it starts in the town where I live. I imagine that was a lot of fun in an Elise as long as you keep an eye out for the motorcycles.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Pretty impressive list of trips. Now I understand your username. One of my most memorable trips was the Utah national parks, Monument Valley, Arches, Zion and Bryce Canyon, which I did in my BMW i8. I've done Angeles Crest Highway many times since it starts in the town where I live. I imagine that was a lot of fun in an Elise as long as you keep an eye out for the motorcycles.

I still need to try an i8 someday. I owned two i3s and adored them.

OP
Drlonline

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I still need to try an i8 someday. I owned two i3s and adored them.
I loved my i8 as well. In some ways, the Emira reminds me of the i8 with its great styling and decent performance, even though the i8 was a PHEV. From what I've read and heard, the Emira will be an even more exciting car to drive and out perform the i8 quite easily. And the i8 was the first car I had to wait over a year to get, just as will be the case with the Emira :( .
1682132173971.jpeg