Hello from the PNW USA

itsagoose

Reaction score
Did Park Place give you a deliver window? I assume you submitted last month, correct? Some say March allocations equal October? I know it’s all guessing at this point though. Just curious.
Yes March allocation. Park Place said November delivery. I also emailed Lotus USA and they said March allocations are scheduled for September production and November delivery

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
26 at Park Place here. My order went in last week with the April batch. Magma/tan/silver wheels/yellow calipers. Looking fwd to meeting you fellas when our cars arrive!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Just got the call from my sales guy at Park Place; I'm in for a November delivery. V6 with manual, Dark Verdant, tan leather interior, touring, silver wheels, yellow calipers, no black pack, no privacy glass, homelink.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just got the call from my sales guy at Park Place; I'm in for a November delivery. V6 with manual, Dark Verdant, tan leather interior, touring, silver wheels, yellow calipers, no black pack, no privacy glass, homelink.
Happy Thanksgiving!

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats! That worked out great!

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sweet, congratulations! That will be "the ultimate render"! :D

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
“I was just at Factory and Goodwood FOS, Lotus Cars Ltd rep said that first US cars are pushed back to Q1 2023”

Julian Bowes posted on the USA Emira FB page this.
Yeah you could pretty much see that coming once the early UK orders started getting told "probably September". I hope Geely has serious faith in Lotus because the burn rate on the factory sitting there full of workers with no cars coming out must be enormous.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
On one hand, that is unfortunate (and expected given everything else going on) but I'll try to find the positive in the delay. Originally supposed to get Nov/Dec so now maybe Mar/Apr .... at least when it does arrive I wont have to worry about storing during the winter :)) Thanks for posting the info but honestly, should be hearing this from Lotus. How many times do they miss the chance to start getting out of front with comms

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That's good to hear @Eagle7 - happy thanksgiving indeed as @EspritGuy said!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Also just placed my 2nd deposit with Park Place last week, about a month earlier than expected. I was mid 30's on Park Place's list of deposits. My sales person couldn't give me a firm delivery, but said SHOULD be.... Stressing SHOULD... Nov/Dec time frame.

I too am coming out of a Porsche (991.2 GTS) for my first Lotus with the Emira. I very nearly was a Lotus owner with the Evora 400 launch, but it was so badly handled and communicated by the Bay Area dealerships at the time that I pulled my deposit and I went to Aston Martin, and then Porsche in the interim.... But I'm Back! Although I am keeping one foot in the Porsche world by adding a Taycan Cross Turismo to the mix to offset the Emira's lack of back seats for practicality.

My spec: Dark Verdant, V6 Manual, Tan leather interior, Black Pack, Diamond cut wheels with yellow Calipers.

Def. down for a meet up at the end of the year when the car comes in.
Congrats - and nice spec! Similar to mine except wheels (silver) and no BP for me. Love how the DC wheels look on DV in the driving academy shot - they look quite different on darker emiras. Also think BP will look good, I saw it on shadow at the factory and it stood our more than I thought it might, adding to whole look.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That's good to hear @Eagle7 - happy thanksgiving indeed as @EspritGuy said!
That delivery estimate was before the delays were announced. If U.S. cars aren't going to begin building until Q1 next year, that means I'm looking at a March/April delivery at the earliest. The only good thing about that is at least I won't have to worry about storing the car for winter, as we're usually almost through with winter by April. Spring/summer of next year will be a great time to enjoy my first experiences with the Emira.

Drevil

Reaction score
About a month ago they told me they were at number 82 on the list. I called about a week ago and interestingly they were still at the same point on the list and I said what's the deal? Then a sheepish follow up with "sorry we ran out of allocation for first edition" really not pleasant (likely weeks ago) You would think that they would inform people on the list email "we've reached the max on first edition allocations." Left feeling a bit jaded

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
About a month ago they told me they were at number 82 on the list. I called about a week ago and interestingly they were still at the same point on the list and I said what's the deal? Then a sheepish follow up with "sorry we ran out of allocation for first edition" really not pleasant (likely weeks ago) You would think that they would inform people on the list email "we've reached the max on first edition allocations." Left feeling a bit jaded
They only had an allocation for 45 cars, but not all of the first 45 deposits followed through with an order for whatever reason, so they've been going down the list of depositors to see who wants to commit to an order. It sounds like they now have 45 committed orders into the factory.

Keep your place in line. As soon as the order books open up for base models, or i4 FE's, they'll resume going down the list.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That delivery estimate was before the delays were announced. If U.S. cars aren't going to begin building until Q1 next year, that means I'm looking at a March/April delivery at the earliest. The only good thing about that is at least I won't have to worry about storing the car for winter, as we're usually almost through with winter by April. Spring/summer of next year will be a great time to enjoy my first experiences with the Emira.
As they would say in my daughters school you’re being a “positive parrot”
Good work 👍🏻😆

SmokeGlider

Reaction score
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest! I just placed my deposit for the Emira. Looking forward to hearing about yours as they're delivered while I wait patiently for mine.

-smoke

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest! I just placed my deposit for the Emira. Looking forward to hearing about yours as they're delivered while I wait patiently for mine.

-smoke
Well welcome to the forum, and congrats on ordering an Emira!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome @SmokeGlider and congratulations on your deposit. Feel free to head over to the Introductions section to say hi, and give some info about your car history and what's brought you to Emira-land.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

-smoke
Welcome and congrats. Did you place at PP or elsewhere. Buckle up .... :)