• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hello from Long Island, NY USA

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations and welcome.

I hope you got to see the show car during the US roadshows in December. Some great shots of the car around NYC:

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am looking to get an allocation as well. Was not sure, kind of hesitated putting cash down on another non existent sport car, but i guess i should. I am on long island as well

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am looking to get an allocation as well. Was not sure, kind of hesitated putting cash down on another non existent sport car, but i guess i should. I am on long island as well
Welcome. Though the Emira is long anticipated, enough videos exist to make a strong case for acquisition. What convinced your leap of faith?

SloAlfa

Reaction score
I gave my deposit 12/22/21, the 1st edition were sold out so looking at a 2023 allocation.
Plan on purchasing a V6 manual transmission.
question... How do you know the "first edition is sold out?" Who told you that? How do they know that? not challenging this statement, just curious.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Welcome. Though the Emira is long anticipated, enough videos exist to make a strong case for acquisition. What convinced your leap of faith?

well, i have not fully lept yet. I would like to but I have not seen the storage. I use my car every day, only drive sports cars, and want this to be my main car for dailying things and vacationing.

I need to stick my hand inside one and poke around. It's hard to tell how much the trunk has as well. But that inside area behind the seats, that's a mystery what it can hold. Supposedly quite a bit. Every annoying reviewer flings their camera around fast and says the same crap as every other reviewer. I need the thing to store more than my MX-5 RF can, then it's good to go.

Then I leap :) I guess I should put a deposit this week though, i should have probably 4 weeks ago when i first thought to. The only odd thing about this car is that dimensions and weight it is sort of a 718 Cayman. I imagine though very different experience, and I want an unusal daily + weekend car to make me smile and laugh. It does look ridiculous in a beautiful manner, just over the top for its super low price. I would so want a 1st edition, I really do not want to wait for 2023. So few made though, kind of a mistake to have done that.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@~el~jefe~ Your query about storage space prompted me to pull all the relevant info together in one thread:

As you say, it's supercar looks for sportscar money. It's definitely pitched as a Cayman competitor and the V6 First Edition is head to head with the GTS 4.0. The Emira will be a rarer (and more beautiful) sight for most people and a very engaging drive - accepting also that the Cayman is a very good drivers car.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
well, i have not fully lept yet. I would like to but I have not seen the storage. I use my car every day, only drive sports cars, and want this to be my main car for dailying things and vacationing.

I need to stick my hand inside one and poke around. It's hard to tell how much the trunk has as well. But that inside area behind the seats, that's a mystery what it can hold. Supposedly quite a bit. Every annoying reviewer flings their camera around fast and says the same crap as every other reviewer. I need the thing to store more than my MX-5 RF can, then it's good to go.

Then I leap :) I guess I should put a deposit this week though, i should have probably 4 weeks ago when i first thought to. The only odd thing about this car is that dimensions and weight it is sort of a 718 Cayman. I imagine though very different experience, and I want an unusal daily + weekend car to make me smile and laugh. It does look ridiculous in a beautiful manner, just over the top for its super low price. I would so want a 1st edition, I really do not want to wait for 2023. So few made though, kind of a mistake to have done that.
I wouldn’t beat myself up about not having placed a deposit yet if you were only considering it for the first time 4 weeks ago. I suspect new deposits have slowed down relative to the pace 3-6 months ago. I don’t see a car before 2023 for you given this timing regardless of when you placed the deposit at this point. And as I recall didn’t lotus say that a guarantee of a first edition tan out back in early November 2021? Was that just for UK buyers? The good news is that you will likely have much more flexibility when configuring your car. Patience has its rewards. Welcome!

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@~el~jefe~ Your query about storage space prompted me to pull all the relevant info together in one thread:

As you say, it's supercar looks for sportscar money. It's definitely pitched as a Cayman competitor and the V6 First Edition is head to head with the GTS 4.0. The Emira will be a rarer (and more beautiful) sight for most people and a very engaging drive - accepting also that the Cayman is a very good drivers car.
wow, thank you. Looking at this between my patient peeps :D (always looking for something to read fancy car wise between peeps).

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wouldn’t beat myself up about not having placed a deposit yet if you were only considering it for the first time 4 weeks ago. I suspect new deposits have slowed down relative to the pace 3-6 months ago. I don’t see a car before 2023 for you given this timing regardless of when you placed the deposit at this point. And as I recall didn’t lotus say that a guarantee of a first edition tan out back in early November 2021? Was that just for UK buyers? The good news is that you will likely have much more flexibility when configuring your car. Patience has its rewards. Welcome!
Thank you for the welcome :)

I will call monday and ask to put one down. I am used to Porsche "allocations" which currently suck bad.