Hi from New Hampshire!

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Have you ever shown up late for a party and everyone else is already there and is a few drinks in? Well I just recently learned about the Lotus Emira and I'm playing catch-up! I'm just to the point in my life where I can justify purchasing a car in this category and had been casually looking around (my first car was a 1980 Triumph TR7 back in the day). When I came upon the new Emira I was immediately captivated. This is pretty much the sports car I have been waiting my whole life for. The combination of styling, performance, driver-focused excitement and, dare I say, comfort features and practicality that Lotus appears to have achieved with the Emira checks every box for me. I just put my deposit down and I am eagerly awaiting news on where I am in the queue. Being rather a late arrival I have calibrated my expectations and realize I am likely in for quite a wait. Nevertheless, I can hardly contain my excitement and I am drinking in anything and everything Emira that I can find. I just missed one of the tour cars when I was traveling in Florida and it appears none are coming anywhere close to me, but I will be patient and wait for my chance to see one in person. I have already learned a lot from the other users in this forum. Thanks you all in advance for sharing your information, experience and wisdom (not to mention some seriously amazing computer renderings!)

Welcome to the forum! We are just getting started! 🍻 🥳 🎉

Welcome to the party, you’re not too late as the strippers haven’t arrived yet 😜

Welcome! I was hiking the White Mountains back in October. Hoping to take my Emira on another New England roadtrip next autumn!

Have you ever shown up late for a party and everyone else is already there and is a few drinks in? Well I just recently learned about the Lotus Emira and I'm playing catch-up! I'm just to the point in my life where I can justify purchasing a car in this category and had been casually looking around (my first car was a 1980 Triumph TR7 back in the day). When I came upon the new Emira I was immediately captivated. This is pretty much the sports car I have been waiting my whole life for. The combination of styling, performance, driver-focused excitement and, dare I say, comfort features and practicality that Lotus appears to have achieved with the Emira checks every box for me. I just put my deposit down and I am eagerly awaiting news on where I am in the queue. Being rather a late arrival I have calibrated my expectations and realize I am likely in for quite a wait. Nevertheless, I can hardly contain my excitement and I am drinking in anything and everything Emira that I can find. I just missed one of the tour cars when I was traveling in Florida and it appears none are coming anywhere close to me, but I will be patient and wait for my chance to see one in person. I have already learned a lot from the other users in this forum. Thanks you all in advance for sharing your information, experience and wisdom (not to mention some seriously amazing computer renderings!)
Nice intro.
The party may have started but the Guest of Honor is still awaited.
Get comfortable and make some new friends.

Welcome to the party, you’re not too late as the strippers haven’t arrived yet 😜
What? There are strippers? I thought those only became available with own spec cars! Are the strippers being offered as a substitute for ADAS, additional colors or the center strip on the steering wheel in manual cars? At my age, I might rather have the latter (hahah). Seriously….welcome to the group. Great bunch of really helpful folks here!

What? There are strippers? I thought those only became available with own spec cars! Are the strippers being offered as a substitute for ADAS, additional colors or the center strip on the steering wheel in manual cars? At my age, I might rather have the latter (hahah). Seriously….welcome to the group. Great bunch of really helpful folks here!
He meant “stripes”. Nobody knows if there will be custom racing stripes or any striping from Lotus directly. ;)

No, ADAS does not stand for Accessory Dancers And Strippers. Sheesh... darned kids. ;-)

@DPB If you have a spec you want to see configured, just let me know and I'll do one for you, and welcome to the party for THE sports car!

No, ADAS does not stand for Accessory Dancers And Strippers. Sheesh... darned kids. ;-)

@DPB If you have a spec you want to see configured, just let me know and I'll do one for you, and welcome to the party for THE sports car!
Thanks @Eagle7 ! I think you pretty much just did it a short time ago! Magma red with black pack / black wheels. The only difference with my spec is yellow calipers (if you are looking for yet another rendering to do!)

Welcome to the party, pull up a chair and enjoy the atmosphere!

Some people have popped over to another party on the other side of town while they wait for this one to warm up. Those are the ones buying an "Evora" as a pre-load.

Welcome to the party, pull up a chair and enjoy the atmosphere!

Some people have popped over to another party on the other side of town while they wait for this one to warm up. Those are the ones buying an "Evora" as a pre-load.
I’m at both parties. FOMO for sure!

Yes, at least they're serving cocktails at the other party. At this one they handed out the menus and took orders but we're still waiting for the drinks to show up.

Yes, at least they're serving cocktails at the other party. At this one they handed out the menus and took orders but we're still waiting for the drinks to show up.
Oh, Waiter.. ..Waiter.....where's my order?

“Yes sir, if you pay the table charge now then my colleague will be back sometime later in the evening to tell you when your drinks will arrive.

Meanwhile please do look at these pictures of other cocktails and if you want to change your mind then tell my colleague when he comes back. The verdant Chartreuse is popular, or try the Hethel Limoncello. We do really appreciate your custom at Bar Lotus.”

“Yes sir, if you pay the table charge now then my colleague will be back sometime later in the evening to tell you when your drinks will arrive.

Meanwhile please do look at these pictures of other cocktails and if you want to change your mind then tell my colleague when he comes back. The verdant Chartreuse is popular, or try the Hethel Limoncello. We do really appreciate your custom at Bar Lotus.”
Presently it's a price fixe menu, but later you can order Ala cart.