❓ QUESTION Has LOTUS delivered a car in any country?

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Having watched a lot of videos of Emira, I am so curious about the delivery situation. Are these cars for media test drive only? My rep told me that my I4 verion Emira will be arranged on the production line before October 2024. No specific date.

OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When did you pay your deposit?

Were you told that if the car took longer than 1 year from 1st deposit to delivery that they’d give you first 3 services for free?
Really? No one told me anything about free serveice. I paid the deposit on 24th of July.

OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am wondering if I can transfer my deposit to book the new LOTUS electric spors car if EMIRA cannot be arranged on the prodution line before 2025. :ROFLMAO:

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was told build to delivery 2 months
January build = March delivery
February build = April delivery
Loading boat, off loading, port transit etc. Have been told this a couple of times 😊
I suppose that as long as your car can be arranged on production line, you don't have to worry about other things too much. :geek:

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really? No one told me anything about free serveice. I paid the deposit on 24th of July.
My Lotus contact didn’t mention this but I went to the Lotus Hangzhou store recently (no Emira to see, Just Eletre) and the sales guy there mentioned this to me when I asked about expected delivery dates on the I4. It’s worth mentioning to your contact and see what they say. I was late June 20th deposit or thereabouts.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The delay is understandable but certainly does not make it any easier. I know the situation with semiconductors is easing a bit. However, it's also possible that some key component suppliers are having a tough time and can't deliver because of a lack of labor or other internal turmoil due to "these times". It's usually far less risky/costly to delay by a few months than to qualify a different supplier.

Anyway, it's been over 10 months since my deposit went in, and not only do I not have an estimated delivery date, but I don't even have an estimate on the date I'll be able to submit my order. At this point, I'd settle for an estimate for when I might get an estimate on the order date.
I can however give you an estimated date on your estimated order date.

Lotus has made me a pro at estimating.

I am sure glad they are holding my deposit. I would have spent it on crack and hookers otherwise. maybe that's the point, to help addicts not fall off the wagon.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi all

Read a lot and can understand the grumbles… I like many placed deposit early on in the process (11july21) To be fair I was always after a I4 since the beginning. What started off as “autumn 22” then became Nov and now “sometime” in 23.

I get the whole situation and being in manufacturing myself totally understand it. That said and with 5k in lotus’s hands I’m getting racked off with it. Takes the shine off “first edition” when the i4 could possibly be 6 months of more post v6 deliveries.

I’m not at the stage where I’m thinking of cancelling but going to buy a 911 to ride me over and keep the demons at bay. Hoping for better news. If 23 becomes anything past end of March then I may reconsider and pull away

Off the wall choice, but great car, I likey 👌

OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Lotus contact didn’t mention this but I went to the Lotus Hangzhou store recently (no Emira to see, Just Eletre) and the sales guy there mentioned this to me when I asked about expected delivery dates on the I4. It’s worth mentioning to your contact and see what they say. I was late June 20th deposit or thereabouts.
I will keep waiting anyway, since LOTUS APP says:"deposit is none-refundable" :ROFLMAO: and I can't find an equivalent car with the similar price in Chinese market.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am wondering if I can transfer my deposit to book the new LOTUS electric spors car if EMIRA cannot be arranged on the prodution line before 2025. :ROFLMAO:
If your deposit is with a dealer then it’ll depend on whether they will allow it.

If your deposit is direct with Lotus you can move it and they should recognise your original deposit date against the EV, rather than the date of deposit transfer. This is how it is working in the UK with direct deposits.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m surprised. They were saying 60-65 weeks before the June announcement of 6-8 week delays and have announced another 1-2 month delay this week.

Unless they’ve found a way round the limitation on ramping up production beyond 7000 cars per year, I don’t see how they can catch up 2-4 months. Unless they’ve had 2-4 months worth of cancellations.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
You need to thank me for my post. Without my post, Gator would not have posted that update. 🤣
🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙. thanks be to that ...... :) anyway, back to point... no, no dealer cars even for another 7-10 days (UK), which we are all keen to see and measure that wheel gap and make the comparison between tour and sport and start answering these illusive questions for once and probably not for all

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
They will probably set out to confuse us by sending cars with different wheel gaps to different dealers…
actually, while you joke, and I did laugh..... 😂 I actually would not be at all surprised if they did, or IF there were some changes between dealer and final cars, especially if people on here and else where give certain feedback to the dealers, which would be the touring people of course.
Even in Harrys video, there is a line where he talks about the car sitting/// or maybe the spings sitting lower on the sports than touring.... Id have to go back and see it, but I am 90% there was a brief reference to it.

100 nerds like me now busily opening youtube......

gasolina

Reaction score
"I put my deposit down directly with Lotus last month for a I4 version and was quoted a 60 week lead time."

This confuses me.

I placed my deposit for a FE i4 on 9th July 2021 and was initially told to expect a late 2022 delivery. Paid a 2k and a 3k deposit and then got an email saying it is going to slip into 2023, which I thought was fair enough given all the sh1t that's going on at the moment.

I have now got the email telling me it will be early 2023 before they will even be able to let me know when in 23 it will be built. so I am now thinking I am only going to see it mid to end of 23.

Just can't understand how they are quoting 60 weeks (Oct 23)for orders placed only last month, when that is what I am now expecting myself, having paid my first deposit 13 months ago.

Davependo

Reaction score
I’m surprised. They were saying 60-65 weeks before the June announcement of 6-8 week delays and have announced another 1-2 month delay this week.

Unless they’ve found a way round the limitation on ramping up production beyond 7000 cars per year, I don’t see how they can catch up 2-4 months. Unless they’ve had 2-4 months worth of cancellations.
I'll bank on 18 months lead time, so a January 2024 delivery. 😥 Anything better will be a bonus.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
"I put my deposit down directly with Lotus last month for a I4 version and was quoted a 60 week lead time."

This confuses me.

I placed my deposit for a FE i4 on 9th July 2021 and was initially told to expect a late 2022 delivery. Paid a 2k and a 3k deposit and then got an email saying it is going to slip into 2023, which I thought was fair enough given all the sh1t that's going on at the moment.

I have now got the email telling me it will be early 2023 before they will even be able to let me know when in 23 it will be built. so I am now thinking I am only going to see it mid to end of 23.

Just can't understand how they are quoting 60 weeks (Oct 23)for orders placed only last month, when that is what I am now expecting myself, having paid my first deposit 13 months ago.
Mate you are trying to make sense of a company that has no clue. They try to show and act they do, but they are wayyyyy out of their depth. They are a small, niche brand company and all this Vision80 crap is just that words and pipe dreams. The best thing to do is accept it as it is and it enjoy your car if it turns up this century 🤔😂.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

This confuses me.

My guess is i4 FE production will start mid Q1 2023, so a 9 July 2021 deposit could be Q2 delivery.

Some info yesterday from the US dealers indicated they are going to re-prioritise US deliveries for 2023 to get more cars into North America. That may mean non-US deliveries slow down in Q1/Q2.

Sadly I don't think we'll now get more clarity on 2023 production timings until Dec or Jan.