Has LOTUS delivered a car in any country?

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Having watched a lot of videos of Emira, I am so curious about the delivery situation. Are these cars for media test drive only? My rep told me that my I4 verion Emira will be arranged on the production line before October 2024. No specific date.

Having watched a lot of videos of Emira, I am so curious about the delivery situation. Are these cars for media test drive only? My rep told me that my I4 verion Emira will be arranged on the production line before October 2024. No specific date.

No cars have been delivered to customers yet. It’s the same handful of cars appearing in all of the articles.

I4 has been largely absent from public view.

When did you pay your deposit?

Were you told that if the car took longer than 1 year from 1st deposit to delivery that they’d give you first 3 services for free?

I dont believe Lotus have delivered dealer cars yet, never mind customer cars. I dont think even the boss has one yet........ and no I am not the boss.. 😂

It's kind of mind boggling - the Emira was unveiled in.............July 6th 2021.

We're half way through 2022, and I realistically don't even see actual production cars being delivered until mid to late 2023.

What happened?

It was unveiled in July 2021 as a prototype still in development, with a planned development and approvals programme running to April 2022 and first customer deliveries in May 2022. At the time, Covid lockdown #2 had just ended in the UK, people were returning to workplaces, the sun was shining at Goodwood (though not at Hethel for the reveal!) and the timeline was probably achievable if things went smoothly.

Then we had Omicron with further lockdowns and restrictions worldwide, Russia-Ukraine and a worsening of supply chains, increased energy costs and inflation on raw materials.

If they get first customer cars starting to be delivered in October they'll be 5 months late. Do we think that's a bigger or smaller delay than expected in light of what's happened in the last year?

It was unveiled in July 2021 as a prototype still in development, with a planned development and approvals programme running to April 2022 and first customer deliveries in May 2022. At the time, Covid lockdown #2 had just ended in the UK, people were returning to workplaces, the sun was shining at Goodwood (though not at Hethel for the reveal!) and the timeline was probably achievable if things went smoothly.

Then we had Omicron with further lockdowns and restrictions worldwide, Russia-Ukraine and a worsening of supply chains, increased energy costs and inflation on raw materials.

If they get first customer cars starting to be delivered in October they'll be 5 months late. Do we think that's a bigger or smaller delay than expected in light of what's happened in the last year?
I think that all things considered this delay is understandable in the world circumstances, unfortunately the communication from customer services has not been the best !
Just like lots of people i was hoping for the car in the late summer , now thats not possible i think and hope spring 2023 is ?

I think that all things considered this delay is understandable in the world circumstances, unfortunately the communication from customer services has not been the best !
Just like lots of people i was hoping for the car in the late summer , now thats not possible i think and hope spring 2023 is ?
Spring 2023 is a possibility.

IMO, the rest of 2022 is a wash, and this is for UK customers who would be getting the first deliveries, I imagine.

US customers I'm guessing maybe late 2023, if we're lucky.

The delay is understandable but certainly does not make it any easier. I know the situation with semiconductors is easing a bit. However, it's also possible that some key component suppliers are having a tough time and can't deliver because of a lack of labor or other internal turmoil due to "these times". It's usually far less risky/costly to delay by a few months than to qualify a different supplier.

Anyway, it's been over 10 months since my deposit went in, and not only do I not have an estimated delivery date, but I don't even have an estimate on the date I'll be able to submit my order. At this point, I'd settle for an estimate for when I might get an estimate on the order date.

Spring 2023 is a possibility.

IMO, the rest of 2022 is a wash, and this is for UK customers who would be getting the first deliveries, I imagine.

US customers I'm guessing maybe late 2023, if we're lucky.

If they told me late 2023 right now I’d accidentally buy an Evora.

If they told me late 2023 right now I’d accidentally buy an Evora.
Honestly, I would be out of options in terms of buying new. There's really no new cars that fit what my current M2 Competition and Emira offers.

***flamesuit on*** - I loathe the 718. Don't care if it can drive upside down in a tunnel, I never cared for its design and it's so boring to me.

I'd probably just buy a mint Porsche 964 C2S, or find a mint, rare 993 Carrera S and make it my own with some choice OEM mods.

Honestly, I would be out of options in terms of buying new. There's really no new cars that fit what my current M2 Competition and Emira offers.

***flamesuit on*** - I loathe the 718. Don't care if it can drive upside down in a tunnel, I never cared for its design and it's so boring to me.

I'd probably just buy a mint Porsche 964 C2S, or find a mint, rare 993 Carrera S and make it my own with some choice OEM mods.
I have the same dilemma what would you buy instead of the Emira. The Cayman and 911 just don’t look exciting and I currently have an F Type which I am content with until my Emira arrives “sometime” in 2023.

I have the same dilemma what would you buy instead of the Emira. The Cayman and 911 just don’t look exciting and I currently have an F Type which I am content with until my Emira arrives “sometime” in 2023.
I think an F-Type is way more fun than current 718's or 911's. That car has a lot of character!

I placed my deposit in Oct 2021 (didnt make FE cut) I have been on this forum almost everyday like an addict looking for any pictures, video, reviews, news, opinions - ANYTHING. W today's updates I'm probably realistically a year away from getting my US Base V6. At this point i need a hard disengage to put this out of my mind otherwise the delay will drive me batty. Signing off until Base Specs/pricing are released or i get a dealer test drive. (It's not you - It's me...) This old girl will have to do for another year.
1660250681592.png

Hi all

Read a lot and can understand the grumbles… I like many placed deposit early on in the process (11july21) To be fair I was always after a I4 since the beginning. What started off as “autumn 22” then became Nov and now “sometime” in 23.

I get the whole situation and being in manufacturing myself totally understand it. That said and with 5k in lotus’s hands I’m getting racked off with it. Takes the shine off “first edition” when the i4 could possibly be 6 months of more post v6 deliveries.

I’m not at the stage where I’m thinking of cancelling but going to buy a 911 to ride me over and keep the demons at bay. Hoping for better news. If 23 becomes anything past end of March then I may reconsider and pull away

fo
The delay is understandable but certainly does not make it any easier. I know the situation with semiconductors is easing a bit. However, it's also possible that some key component suppliers are having a tough time and can't deliver because of a lack of labor or other internal turmoil due to "these times". It's usually far less risky/costly to delay by a few months than to qualify a different supplier.

Anyway, it's been over 10 months since my deposit went in, and not only do I not have an estimated delivery date, but I don't even have an estimate on the date I'll be able to submit my order. At this point, I'd settle for an estimate for when I might get an estimate on the order date.
for a reasonable price I can probably run you off an estimate........ :)