Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
this is what im 'petrified of' I really ought to go sit in one as it might save me 80k

As soon as anyone sees any aftermarket seats which fit shout out!!!!!
Let’s see Harry’s later videos as he calls out in his pickup video how the seats aren’t totally comfortable.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Watching the Harry video just makes me so jealous of all of you in England who get to pickup from Hethel directly. Such a cool opportunity.
And to travel interesting places in Europe. Other than natural parks, here in the US we travel thousands of miles to see the same strip mall and Starbucks...

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
And to travel interesting places in Europe. Other than natural parks, here in the US we travel thousands of miles to see the same strip mall and Starbucks...
And to think, i did not even consider travelling the 200 miles to Hethel to collect my Emira.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tillett will have some soon enough, but they will be track focused and you'll lose most of the padding, power adjustability, and heat.
I'm sort of okay with all of those, but I don't want to lose any of the safety of any OEM airbags.

Actually, I don't even know if the stock seats have integrated airbags.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, there are side airbags integrated in the seats.

1670287582274.png

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
His instagram feed comment says he has found the seats better with adjustments and some miles.. will be in his next video

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Harry's next video will go live at 5pm tomorrow and covers the 850 mile drive to Milan.

petermal57

Reaction score
Es sieht so aus, als hätte Lotus seine Kommunikation an Harry ausgelagert! Aber zumindest werden es gute Inhalte und wertvolle Rückmeldungen von Besitzern/Fahrern sein.

Britische Pfandinhaber haben damit begonnen, regelmäßigere allgemeine Mitteilungen von Lotus zu erhalten – E-Mails mit Links zu Videos über die Funktionen des Autos usw. Ich bin mir nicht sicher, wie das an Nicht-UK-Händler weitergegeben wird, damit sie es für ihre Kunden veröffentlichen können.
nein, in Deutschland kommt gar nichts an...

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding the service intervals… at 14:22 they say the first service is due at 10,000kms (or is it miles?). So there isn’t a free 1000km checkup?
Not a chance in hell I'm leaving a run in oil or first oil in for 10,000 miles lol.

The Evoras required a 1k miles check up where the dealer would scan the ECU and change the oil, but I guess the Emira is somehow different? Are they using a different viscosity oil or something? VW said the same thing for my cars (10k oil changes), but I tracked mine at 2k miles so it definitely got changed early in my GTI. :p I had them do the first oil change on my wife's '20 GLI at 5k.

I think the 10k intervals are fine as long as quality oil and filters are being used. But I do agree the initial change should be done sooner. I've read extensively on the arguments on if this is necessary or not. Some say changing it too soon can cause problems... others use full syn and still change it every 2k. I tend to do mine yearly and that's because I work remote and sadly don't get to drive more than ~4-5k a year these days.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Not a chance in hell I'm leaving a run in oil or first oil in for 10,000 miles lol.

I have noticed during around a 100 trips to the USA over the past 30 years, that Americans have really keen interest in oil changes. You have more Jiffy Lube (other brands are available) than McDonalds. They are everywhere, quite apart from presumably regular car workshops and dealerships that can provide servicing and oil changes. I find this extraordinary, why is this? Do you pop out for a quick oil change just after lunch or while driving to get groceries "hang on darling before we visit Target, let's pop in for a quick oil change".

I have owned many cars and once a year has all I have ever needed, either done by me when I was young and poor or by the local garage during an annual service.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have noticed during around a 100 trips to the USA over the past 30 years, that Americans have really keen interest in oil changes. You have more Jiffy Lube (other brands are available) than McDonalds. They are everywhere, quite apart from presumably regular car workshops and dealerships that can provide servicing and oil changes. I find this extraordinary, why is this? Do you pop out for a quick oil change just after lunch or while driving to get groceries "hang on darling before we visit Target, let's pop in for a quick oil change".

I have owned many cars and once a year has all I have ever needed, either done by me when I was young and poor or by the local garage during an annual service.
I don’t know anything about those places, I don’t trust anyone to work on my cars but me and a handful of people. I’m also not talking about regular engine oil changes. You misunderstand my post — I’m talking about running in oil change.

Last edited: