Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
He’s doing 5 videos from 4-18 Dec. Like a quarter-scale advent calendar 🎄
And has this taken the place of official Lotus communications with the intended customer base?
I can't recall when I last received direct notice.
Not only is there a waiting list for the Emira, there's a similar list for messaging developments.

SJW

Reaction score
It's not black, it's the reflection from the black lower dash and dark shadows.
Harry, can i have my car back please? that is my exact spec which got kicked back from November delivery to February 2023:ROFLMAO:

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Harry, can i have my car back please? that is my exact spec which got kicked back from November delivery to February 2023:ROFLMAO:
Nah, definitely MY car. I was originally supposed to be Sept or Oct . . . damn that Harry.

Wake

Reaction score
Harry’s videos are suspiciously timed. I was just convincing myself this morning to shitcan the Emira and get the white 570s at Thorney Motorsport.

This has delayed that somewhat. Still sticking with it for now!

It will be interesting to see the future videos in this series. As not really had any objective feedback which Harry is generally pretty good at supplying.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Harry’s videos are suspiciously timed. I was just convincing myself this morning to shitcan the Emira and get the white 570s at Thorney Motorsport.

As you are in Oxford, are you collecting your car from Lotus Silverstone, as i will be sooooooon.

Wake

Reaction score
As you are in Oxford, are you collecting your car from Lotus Silverstone, as i will be sooooooon.
I was intending to collect from Hethel. First and probably only brand new car I will ever buy so wanted to do it properly!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And has this taken the place of official Lotus communications with the intended customer base?
I can't recall when I last received direct notice.
Not only is there a waiting list for the Emira, there's a similar list for messaging developments.
It does appear like Lotus have outsourced their comms to Harry! But at least it’ll be good content and valuable owner/driver feedback.

UK deposit holders have started getting more regular general comms from Lotus - emails with links to videos about the car’s features etc. I’m not sure how that’s being fed to non-UK dealers so they can publish to their customers.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was intending to collect from Hethel. First and probably only brand new car I will ever buy so wanted to do it properly!
Thats great. I opted for Lotus Silverstone collection as i like the whole experience of new car handover at a dealer. I have had about 8 new cars in the past. The only exception to this was a Caterham R300 i built from the kit, then after the post build check was delivered to my house.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

It will be interesting to see the future videos in this series. As not really had any objective feedback which Harry is generally pretty good at supplying.
I was feeling exactly the same… I even went to see one on Saturday. Then I decided I preferred the 600lt to the 570s as the backend of the 570s looks a little weak IMHO…

but then remembered why I wanted the Emira in the first place…

I want accessible, involved & manual fun without risking my life or the life of others too much!

I’m immature/irresponsible at best and previously had a 991 GT3. On a daily basis I found myself regularly doing well well well over the speed limit driving too fast in the search of thrills… it wasn’t sustainable, it was plain stupid.

I’m hoping with an Emira the fun comes at a slower speed… if it doesn’t, I’ll sell it and get an Exige as I love the community - even Leonard!

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Watching the Harry video just makes me so jealous of all of you in England who get to pickup from Hethel directly. Such a cool opportunity.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The lumber support is good, I felt the seat just had too much padding in it like you sat on instead of in the seat.
this is what im 'petrified of' I really ought to go sit in one as it might save me 80k

As soon as anyone sees any aftermarket seats which fit shout out!!!!!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
this is what im 'petrified of' I really ought to go sit in one as it might save me 80k

I feel like this is rewinding our Emira angst to October/November of 2021. I'm having deja vu!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Tillett will have some soon enough, but they will be track focused and you'll lose most of the padding, power adjustability, and heat.