Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
1. I got the impression some comments from this forum were purposely answered during the video and on the tour.... it seemed some how scripted, but fine...
2. 1000 miles...... thought it was a good bit less, but again, its really taken a little overboard I think.
3. By coincidence, his gear change is perfect from day 1.... lucky him :).
4. I like his honesty, as always, re the seats and I dont think they are going to bed in as he would like, but lets see after the 2000 miles.
5. Scott is 100% a sales person..... and you can tell he has got his patter for the hand over well oiled and will repeat it 100's of times. I hope they offer factory collection for none UK people too! I dont think he mentioned how to get the hub cap aligned perfectly in the end.
6. Car looks great.. yes red looked best in that video I think, but blue and well again, all colours look good.
7. Makes me want the car more seeing them there... but we shall see how strong my nerve is.

CC car down to 24 hours.... for those who cant wait much longer after seeing the video..

Im off to gift my neighbours a case of wine..

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
1. I got the impression some comments from this forum were purposely answered during the video and on the tour.... it seemed some how scripted, but fine...
2. 1000 miles...... thought it was a good bit less, but again, its really taken a little overboard I think.
4. I like his honesty, as always, re the seats and I dont think they are going to bed in as he would like, but lets see after the 2000 miles.
5. Scott is 100% a sales person..... and you can tell he has got his patter for the hand over well oiled and will repeat it 100's of times. I hope they offer factory collection for none UK people too! I dont think he mentioned how to get the hub cap aligned perfectly in the end.
6. Car looks great.. yes red looked best in that video I think, but blue and well again, all colours look good.
7. Makes me want the car more seeing them there... but we shall see how strong my nerve is.

CC car down to 24 hours.... for those who cant wait much longer after seeing the video..

I thought the gear change was great on the test car. Do you mean that from the "number plate and delivery date" phone call, that delivery could be effectively next day?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I echo his comment about the seats i found them hard at the base of my spine and it wasnt the lumber adjustment. Be interested to how he found the interior road noise during that long trip. - if the supercharger whine got on his nerves.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I also felt that some questions were purposely answered for the camera and this forum for example.

I'm pretty sure his deposit date changed to address any angry customers....

BS

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I also felt that some questions were purposely answered for the camera and this forum for example.

I'm pretty sure his deposit date changed to address any angry customers....

BS
Yes, he said his deposit was at reveal at Hethel 6th July. Clearly well after US LOT on this forum with pre reveal deposits. Clearly, if you are rich and famous, you take priority over enthusiasts.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
F0E24B50-8DDC-46FA-982E-B3205882F67E.png

You know Lotus loves you when they all sign the boot lid!!

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I echo his comment about the seats i found them hard at the base of my spine and it wasnt the lumber adjustment. Be interested to how he found the interior road noise during that long trip. - if the supercharger whine got on his nerves.
I am going to see how his back is after his trip. I am of about the same age with a dodgy back (bulging discs) and on my test drive commented that my back ached which was unusual after my Evora400 seats, which I had no problems with. We will see, I do hope they are adjustable and we will find out.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I am going to see how his back is after his trip. I am of about the same age with a dodgy back (bulging discs) and on my test drive commented that my back ached which was unusual after my Evora400 seats, which I had no problems with. We will see, I do hope they are adjustable and we will find out.
I had the leather seats in the test car. Even though i did not fine tune the seat to my personal preference, but got it ok, i found the seat very comfortable.

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had the leather seats in the test car. Even though i did not fine tune the seat to my personal preference, but got it ok, i found the seat very comfortable.
Let’s hope so on your experience. As I say “dodgy” doesn’t help. But it was lumber support that was missing?

SuperBusa

Reaction score
Thanks, interesting comments, I suffer with my back and struggle with seats that don't have good lumbar support, so will have to see what the production seats are like. Original mock up car you couldn't tell.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Let’s hope so on your experience. As I say “dodgy” doesn’t help. But it was lumber support that was missing?
Although my car will have the Alcantara seats with the yellow stitch. So i will see how they are and ofcourse report back.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks, interesting comments, I suffer with my back and struggle with seats that don't have good lumbar support, so will have to see what the production seats are like. Original mock up car you couldn't tell.
The lumber support is good, I felt the seat just had too much padding in it like you sat on instead of in the seat.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I thought the gear change was great on the test car. Do you mean that from the "number plate and delivery date" phone call, that delivery could be effectively next day?
no, i mean collecting cars is in its final 24 hours

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A factory floor full of RHD Emira's.... for the UK guys that looks promising. Great spec on Harry's car. Identical to what I would spec a Nimbus in. Except I would still take the DC wheels.
About 150 UK cars supposed to be delivered by end of 2022.