Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah, the 10 cylinder Jetta aka Gallardo is a hard pass for me.. Especially with an auto trans. I've known multiple people who got one then quickly got rid of it due to numerous issues.
It's always a gamble with pretty much any car, isn't it? I was actually just chatting with a Gallardo owner on Instagram the other day, and he had this to say:

SmartSelect_20221018-210000_Instagram.jpg

🤷

I guess he isn't strictly commenting on its reliability, but still, thought I would share for some added perspective.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
its pretty the guy they are looking for is the Dark Verdant paint guy.... this explains why there are so few cars with this colour.... it all makes sense now, cant get the staff :)
Remember, it was the Twilight shift. As in dark.....

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
100%
If they had just communicated with us all and offered the odd snippet of content over the last 14 months to keep us engaged with the brand then I'd imagine we would all be a lot more supportive.
I'm very understanding about it all, but I'm still not particularly happy about how it's been handled.
And because we don't hear anything, here we all are pondering the seemingly endless supply of cars heading East whilst we continue to wait 'patiently' a few miles down the road from Hethel
Chinese Proverb for Matt/Geely :
10-Inspirational-Chinese-Proverbs-from-Confucius-700X300.jpg

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Here is the video link for those who cannot connect to YOUTUBE

If you want to know the following questions, you may find your answers
1. What are the 3.5 V6 and 2.0 M139 production situations ?
2. What's the difference between SPORT and TOURING ?
3. Why is Lotus delaying delivery ?
4. What is the whole process of producing an EMIRA ?
5. Why deliver EMIRA to EU first ?
6. What is the future production plan of EMIRA ?
7. When will LOTUS start producing 2.0 version EMIRA ?
and so on.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Has Harry not had his car delivered yet ….
Thought we’d be start seeing lots of deliveries - interested if quality / reliability issues with these first cars as with not being near a dealer this will have an influence on my decision.
If car has a fault but is still driveable would I need to return to dealer or would collections be offered - wondered with the direct buying model does anything change with regards to this area ?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Has Harry not had his car delivered yet ….
Thought we’d be start seeing lots of deliveries - interested if quality / reliability issues with these first cars as with not being near a dealer this will have an influence on my decision.
If car has a fault but is still driveable would I need to return to dealer or would collections be offered - wondered with the direct buying model does anything change with regards to this area ?
interesting question... but I think, unless I am mistaken, even if you go for factory delivery, you still choose a dealer for servicing etc so I think that may answer your question. If the dealer is willing to come get your car, then great.... if not, as they also view it as too far.....then thats life.
This indeed is life with a less popular car and why we need and hoped for 99.99% QC procedures, but so far this is not looking great... but still early days, even the big companies have a few wobbles early on I guess..... I guess. Having said that, I cant see many porsche cars having recalls when they update their models and this car..is pretty much a face lifted evora if we are honest. In a few years I may have to get one myself..... no not an evora, a facelift :)

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You might think it's a facelift and to some extent the chassis and suspension use similar principles as the Evora. But almost every component underneath the skin is new.

Crucially that includes wiring looms, sensors, switchgear, electrical components, infotainment, pipework, hydraulics, cooling etc etc.

We've already seen several customer cars failing PDI and a couple having to go back for fixes in the first few weeks. There have also been some UK dealer demo cars throwing fault codes that have led to postponed test drives. Don't assume it's a re-hashed Evora and therefore everything is bulletproof. The engine and drivetrain is well proven, as is some of the Volvo, Polestar and Lynk kit, but let's see the feedback from a few more customer cars before drawing too many conclusions from a small sample size.

G

Guest142

You might think it's a facelift and to some extent the chassis and suspension use similar principles as the Evora. But almost every component underneath the skin is new.

Crucially that includes wiring looms, sensors, switchgear, electrical components, infotainment, pipework, hydraulics, cooling etc etc.

We've already seen several customer cars failing PDI and a couple having to go back for fixes in the first few weeks. There have also been some UK dealer demo cars throwing fault codes that have led to postponed test drives. Don't assume it's a re-hashed Evora and therefore everything is bulletproof. The engine and drivetrain is well proven, as is some of the Volvo, Polestar and Lynk kit, but let's see the feedback from a few more customer cars before drawing too many conclusions from a small sample size.
Intelligent.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

That’s exactly my same spec

Harry’s stole it me ! 😅
SOOOOO a series of videos.... now it makes even more sense why he got his car before us all.. haha
good luck to him, I hope he writes it off.. i mean writes it down as a business expense..
No seriously, Ive no issue with him getting it< I am a big fan of his farming, cooking and how to spend it channels.
looking forward to seeing what he has been up to, perhaps Lotus have been involved.... by the sound of it

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
SOOOOO a series of videos.... now it makes even more sense why he got his car before us all.. haha
good luck to him, I hope he writes it off.. i mean writes it down as a business expense..
No seriously, Ive no issue with him getting it< I am a big fan of his farming, cooking and how to spend it channels.
looking forward to seeing what he has been up to, perhaps Lotus have been involved.... by the sound of it
I hope its a balanced review on good things and bad things, like the KEF system seems average until Thomas Edison from Lotus popped down at silly o'clock and tinkered with the DSP settings and now its night and day.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I hope its a balanced review on good things and bad things, like the KEF system seems average until Thomas Edison from Lotus popped down at silly o'clock and tinkered with the DSP settings and now its night and day.
haha..
I dont think he will look at the stereo, he only ever seems to listen to the radio.. 3 4 cant remember... but no, I dont think it will be as in depth as we want it... it will be more a feel good, last hurrah type....
Clearly a road trip maybe south france..or scotland to run it in.... we shall see

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
haha..
I dont think he will look at the stereo, he only ever seems to listen to the radio.. 3 4 cant remember... but no, I dont think it will be as in depth as we want it... it will be more a feel good, last hurrah type....
Clearly a road trip maybe south france..or scotland to run it in.... we shall see
Well, i would have thought that with Harry driving 2500 miles it would be nicely run in.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That’s one of my spec choice. I think Harry’s having the same, then it’s good enough for me.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Harry changed his spec! His video had suggested that he was ordering alcantara and silver calipers. Good for him.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Harry changed his spec! His video had suggested that he was ordering alcantara and silver calipers. Good for him.
I noticed that, he has my 2nd choice spec, Nimbus on tan. First choice is the DV on Alcatara yellow stitch. The last few DV cars I have seen brought be back over. But Harry's spec is bang on as well.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That possibly is what he specified... like that has any bearing on what gets delivered. :)