• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think the Matt Windle video on the 10th June covered this. He said, basically, Lotus component prices have gone up. But the price you signed up for is the price you will pay.
I mean he’s made a lot of other promises. Here’s to hoping :)

Emiragirl

Reaction score
The first batches are made by the skilled tec tho. What you should be worried about are the first batch of cars by which the newly-trained tec built on the second shift.
Yes I was thinking this. The main duty…to be at work on time…worrying that this needs to be included

Attachments

• 7C0B5089-D7C3-45A3-95A7-63BD39E44C80.png
    7C0B5089-D7C3-45A3-95A7-63BD39E44C80.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 102

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think the Matt Windle video on the 10th June covered this. He said, basically, Lotus component prices have gone up. But the price you signed up for is the price you will pay.
Markets are extremely volatile at the moment…no one can predict what is happening! A promise today will be forgotten tomorrow.

That said…I absolutely loved the video and still very much looking forward to arrival of the Emira!

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If only they'd done this 3-6 months ago. But at least they've done it now. I hope it's the start of a change in approach to comms.
Don't kid yourself,Tom, we were promised better comms several times.

If Harry wasn't filming this for his own views,we wouldn't have heard anymore from Lotus.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yes I was thinking this. The main duty…to be at work on time…worrying that this needs to be included
its pretty the guy they are looking for is the Dark Verdant paint guy.... this explains why there are so few cars with this colour.... it all makes sense now, cant get the staff :)

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Lets hope they get paid the 27k indicating they are highly experienced spray painter rather than a junior "give it a go" painter.

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I mean he’s made a lot of other promises. Here’s to hoping :)
I do hope the prices for depositors is held. I'm an early depositor for the I4 FE which has now significantly moved out from the original dates. Won't be happy to pay more due to the delays and the decisions to build UK cars later.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I do hope the prices for depositors is held. I'm an early depositor for the I4 FE which has now significantly moved out from the original dates. Won't be happy to pay more due to the delays and the decisions to build UK cars later.
Matt's comments on the video with Harry seemed to infer that Lotus would suck up, in the immediate timeframe, any incurred additional costs. I suspect that Base option pricing is being revised up. We should see, hopefully, early depositors FE car's becoming very good value - provided there are no quality issues.

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Matt's comments on the video with Harry seemed to infer that Lotus would suck up, in the immediate timeframe, any incurred additional costs. I suspect that Base option pricing is being revised up. We should see, hopefully, early depositors FE car's becoming very good value - provided there are no quality issues.
I hope so, not sure I'd go ahead with the purchase if it increased. I have had an F pace on order from Last Nov with initial delivery last July which has moved dates with the latest being Feb. I had to reorder it in June for a MY23 car with a £5500 increase but Jag done the right thing and honoured the price due to it being close to the original build date.
I do see (When there was none over the last year) new Jag F paces available at dealers and below RRP which is a game changer, I think people are cancelling due to the current economic climate.
Definitely more tough times ahead for the Car manufacturers.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To be fair they aren't exactly in a major metro area. It has to be difficult to hire for all the roles that they need at that location.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Then can you explain the "sprayer" job posting that @Emiragirl shared above?

This one is simple -- certain panels are likely repainted by hand if any flaws are visible while examined under light in the validation hall.

1666105465005.png

They're not going to repaint the entire car since that is done off chassis.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Then can you explain the "sprayer" job posting that @Emiragirl shared above?
No, but it is definitely done by robots as have seen the machine myself when on a tour back in January, and some of it was seen in Harry's video on Sunday. So i suspect as per other reply it is to do with operating the machine or touching up panels or something like that? but the main bulk of the car is sprayed by robot in a high tech spraying booth.

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How about this!! I have been there a few times in the last couple of weeks for Ferrari stuff. I keep eyeing this up. Looks damn good value.
Good luck on that one. Friend has one and is ALWAYS working on it. After a year he is ready to sell it, cannot drive it enough to justify keeping it. He is a very good mechanic but too much maintenance.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck on that one. Friend has one and is ALWAYS working on it. After a year he is ready to sell it, cannot drive it enough to justify keeping it. He is a very good mechanic but too much maintenance.

Yeah, the 10 cylinder Jetta aka Gallardo is a hard pass for me.. Especially with an auto trans. I've known multiple people who got one then quickly got rid of it due to numerous issues.