• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Gorgeous New Gordon Murray T.33 Spider

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's a video from Harry's Garage with Gordon Murray and his latest creation, the T.33 Spider which is decked out in a stunningly beautiful blue. I would love to see that color as an option on the Emira. Interestingly enough, there's some interesting comments from Murray about Lotus. There's even a photo of Harry's Emira sitting next to Gordon's A-110 lol. Nice to see people that can afford outrageously expensive cars still like to drive the affordable sports cars. There's a segment where you get to hear the glorious sounds of the V12 in the T.50, which by the way, is the same engine in the T.33.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm expecting to see it at Goodwood next weekend (Members Meeting). The T.50 ran at MM last year, both solo and leading a pack of old V12 F1 cars doing demo laps. It sounded epic.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That V12 sounds glorious. I can't imagine having that behind you in a road car.

I also thought Gordon's comments about the cost of materials and supply increasing by 40% was interesting. Considering that all manufacturers seem to be increasing the costs of their models, it looks like that increase has hit everyone, including Lotus. Gordon mentioned how those customers who had orders in for the T.50 had gotten quite a deal because the cost increase was not passed on to them. I feel the same way about the Emira FE for those who got their order in at the original price. Based on current projections I may get my car in December this year, but I won't be surprised if it's January or February. It's been a long wait, but I feel it will be worth it. Who knows what prices will be next year.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I might be the odd one out but I do not care for any of the Murray designed cars. The design looks like dated fine art. Just not my cup of tea.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Fair enough. He never went for beauty just pinnacle tech.

I assume the car is unobtainable to mere mortals.
Whats the expected price ?

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, hence why some think lowering their car is great looking and others do not. The price is expected to be $1.89 million.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm expecting to see it at Goodwood next weekend (Members Meeting). The T.50 ran at MM last year, both solo and leading a pack of old V12 F1 cars doing demo laps. It sounded epic.
That engine is one of a kind Tom, nothing sounds quite like it. I would be very interested to see comparison stats and back to back sound comparison between this and Cosworth's other recent V12 masterpiece in the AM Valkyrie.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ah - in that case I won't pop down to GVA with my deposit :)
The whole thing is pretty much carbon fiber and exotic materials. If I remember right, I think he said the car weighs 685 kg. Harry asked him if they'd be racing the car and Gordon said no, because they'd have to add too much weight. The car is 200 kg below the required minimum weight for its racing class!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Last year Gordon Murray was at the Members Meeting and did a number of ad hoc chats in the paddock around the cars. GMA also had a stand with cars and mock ups and engines on display. I have some photos somewhere. I think there were 3 T.50s, 2 prototypes and a production car. The production car ran on the circuit - I think Dario Franchetti driving?

This year there is a slot on Saturday first thing for a GMA demo session. Hoping they will have T.33 running too. I’ll grab some videos and pics.