latest colour info...

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It really is. I got told by Lotus employee Ford Tourmaline green was similar also. Too dark for me. But good to know what u are getting as some of the renders I've seen I'd have the green in a heart beat but know it won't look that light/metallic
It really is. I got told by Lotus employee Ford Tourmaline green was similar also. Too dark for me. But good to know what u are getting as some of the renders I've seen I'd have the green in a heart beat but know it won't look that light/metallic
7A51B845-FCD4-457B-BEDD-C0938054987A.jpeg

Iā€™m loving the Dark Green With flashes of ORANGE set up.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Dark Verdent = Empire Green = Imperial Green of the Lotus Carltonā€¦.. enough said for me. Good chat down the local pub too.
Does anybody have a link to a video with an Imperial/Empire Green Evora? I only know the color from pictures and it would be nice to see one in motion.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Those are the two choices for as well. DV or Seneca. But I simply canā€˜t decide. And Nimbus is getting more popular for me as wellā€¦

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's my hot take on this subject...

This just feels like navel-gazing about the Carlton. I get that this is a big thing for for some folks in your local pub, I do. Just like Americans over 50 and their odd veneration of the Buick Grand National. I get it. But nobody has emotional attachment to the Carlton outside the UK, and in fact most the vast majority of normal people have never heard of it. Hell, most non-Brits have never heard of Vauxhall AT ALL.

To everyone else this color is just a bad shade of near-black, like somebody filled up the black paint hopper with 6 gallons of black paint but made a mistake and dumped a pint of green in on top. It literally looks like something that someone wouldn't have done intentionally.

This is a world car. I don't understand why they wouldn't be focused on making the car desirable worldwide. Paint the damn thing green. They have a dozen excellent greens to choose from, and they give us this? It makes no sense.

Last edited:

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

This just feels like navel-gazing about the Carlton. I get that this is a big thing for for some folks in your local pub, I do. Just like Americans over 50 and their odd veneration of the Buick Grand National. I get it. But nobody has emotional attachment to the Carlton outside the UK, and in fact most the vast majority of normal people have never heard of it. Hell, most non-Brits have never heard of Vauxhall AT ALL.

To everyone else this color is just a bad shade of near-black, like somebody filled up the black paint hopper with 6 gallons of black paint but made a mistake and dumped a pint of green in on top. It literally looks like something that someone wouldn't have done intentionally.

This is a world car. I don't understand why they wouldn't be focused on making the car desirable worldwide. Paint the damn thing green. They have a dozen excellent greens to choose from, and they give us this? It makes no sense.
Well, I've never been to the UK (which is a big shame), I'm below 30 years, know the Carlton but don't really care too much about it, but still love the Verdant Green. It might be a bit too dark for me as well, that's why I'm unsure about finally choosing it, but still I do consider it and think that the Emira will look great in that color.
If it will look like this Empire Green Evora, I would be very happy!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I've never been to the UK (which is a big shame), I'm below 30 years, know the Carlton but don't really care too much about it, but still love the Verdant Green. It might be a bit too dark for me as well, that's why I'm unsure about finally choosing it, but still I do consider it and think that the Emira will look great in that color.
That's 100% what the color will look like in direct sunlight. It's a nice color for sure, just a lot of us wanted something a little lighter. You can't go wrong with any color on the Emira.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I've no idea why Lotus chose Verdant Green. As lots have said, a green more like Motorsport Green (metallic) would probably have been a much more popular choice. And why two greys, including a fairly dark and seemingly unpopular one, but not black or white. Why 5 metallics and one solid (yellow), when they've done metallic yellow before. There are apparently design (mainly), production and QA (a little bit) reasons for the choices.

The reference to the Carlton is by me and a few others, primarily to help people find cars in a very similar colour that is difficult to visualise from a configurator, sample or even from photos. Lotus have called it Verdant Green not Empire/Imperial or Carlton Green. Lotus aren't trying to link the colour to Lotus heritage. I figured some people might be interested about the LC story.

I think the Targa Florio video and Silverstone photos are a decent indication of what Verdant Green will look like on the Emira in a European climate.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's my concern as well, because there is not as much sun all the time. The green from the configurator would be perfect. As I said blue looks great as well in my eyes, but might be a bit too much for me, it may look kind of showy in a way. Shadow grey is too dark for me and yellow and red are not my taste. Nimbus might be an alternative for me. It's just too complicated šŸ™ˆ

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's my concern as well, because there is not as much sun all the time. The green from the configurator would be perfect. As I said blue looks great as well in my eyes, but might be a bit too much for me, it may look kind of showy in a way. Shadow grey is too dark for me and yellow and red are not my taste. Nimbus might be an alternative for me. It's just too complicated šŸ™ˆ
I was for months in you same page. Chose Nimbus at the end. Maybe we should start thinking in getting a deal for a bunch of us on PPF. šŸ˜‚

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

For a bit of Lotus geeky fun, a fantastic mechanical description of the Lotus Carlton and the article described imperial green as

ā€¦ā€¦
a unique colour called "Imperial Green".

At this point, you're probably staring at your computer, amazed to learn that a colour which appears to be a shade of black has the word "Green" in its name. But if you look very closely at the Lotus, in absolutely perfect light, you can see it has an incredibly subtle hint of green. Not only was the shade unique, but it was also the only colour option available for the Carlton. The colour of the body however was of little to no importance, as this car was all about speedā€¦..

Sorry, just too tempting to revisit my younger days of geeking out on these cars!

I like subtle details of the Emira to demonstrate back story of Lotusā€™s past and showcase subtly some of their heritageā€¦. Like the Hethel Flat Yellow of the Elise S1, the Senaca Blue of the Elise S2ā€¦.. Verdant Green rooting from the Lotus Carlton.

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That is not Empire Green! That site is in error. That color is Metallic Racing Green, and it is much lighter and richer than Empire Green. Empire is near-black and doesn't have any of the pearl medium green tones shown on that car.

I WISH that the Dark Verdant color was going to look like that. It would be **IDEAL**. But it's not.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It's a great looking car, but for me, not exciting enough under the UK skies. I'm going Blue for the pop.
Yes, I have ordered Seneca Blue, I changed from Hethel Yellow after seeing the blue in the flesh. Should look even better out in the wilds on the few sunny days we get in this country.