latest colour info...

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had it confirmed today that if you do not choose the Black Pack, then the Lotus rear badge and exhaust tips will not be finished in black.
Correct - as confirmed by the information on the website in relation to what Black Pack includes

• Black Pack
    • Gloss Black roof, cantrails, mirror pods, rear LOTUS badge and tailpipe finishers

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Would this be aftermarket? Just making sure I didn’t miss a configuration option. Thanks!
Hey @TXEMIRA. Lotus lettering will be in silver and the tail pipe is titanium if you don’t get the black pack. If I decide I want a black roof, I’ll wrap it, and may go with a matte finish to add additional contrast.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 1176Not so confident with the green sample, not much to go on. However it has some blue tone to it.
That does look absolutely superb - green and tan is a very classy combination. My one concern about very dark metallics is that they can be a pain to keep looking good. I once had a VW T6 in Blackberry, a very dark purple which looks almost black in a low light. It seemed to pick up swirl marks if you so much as breathed nearby :) Mind you, I'm going for blue with black pack and I suspect the black roof will just as bad.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That does look absolutely superb - green and tan is a very classy combination. My one concern about very dark metallics is that they can be a pain to keep looking good. I once had a VW T6 in Blackberry, a very dark purple which looks almost black in a low light. It seemed to pick up swirl marks if you so much as breathed nearby :) Mind you, I'm going for blue with black pack and I suspect the black roof will just as bad.
You are spot on! My Vantage is Meteorite Silver - don't be fooled by the name, it is actually a dark grey metallic - and it shows up everything. My 996 is arctic silver (proper silver - does what it says on the tin!) which hides everything.

At least if you stick with your spec you only have the roof to worry about.

DrNio13

Reaction score
That has been stated for some time and is on the official specification. Having the lettering in silver would look good with silver alloys though
i will put black alloys, but i am sceptical about the black roof.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That has been stated for some time and is on the official specification. Having the lettering in silver would look good with silver alloys though
I agree. I’m going with no black pack specifically so I can have chrome badging and the titanium exhaust. They will go so much better with the silver wheels. I can always wrap the top in black if I want that look. Perhaps they will make the the black exhaust tip available as an option, or you could just buy it as a separate part. Of course, the badges can just be painted black.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You'll be able to do all the individual elements of Black Pack after delivery, including buying the black exhaust finishers and black LOTUS badge. Roof and mirrors can be black wrapped.

It's possible to unwind Black Pack but as it involves painting the roof (or a very well-matched vinyl) it'll be more expensive than adding it.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You'll be able to do all the individual elements of Black Pack after delivery, including buying the black exhaust finishers and black LOTUS badge. Roof and mirrors can be black wrapped.

It's possible to unwind Black Pack but as it involves painting the roof (or a very well-matched vinyl) it'll be more expensive than adding it.
Totally agree mate. The dealer in Aus will do the badge in black and tinting for as part of the deal in house prior to delivery. Very simple to do…

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Dark Verdent = Empire Green = Imperial Green of the Lotus Carlton….. enough said for me. Good chat down the local pub too.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Dark Verdent = Empire Green = Imperial Green of the Lotus Carlton….. enough said for me. Good chat down the local pub too.
It really is. I got told by Lotus employee Ford Tourmaline green was similar also. Too dark for me. But good to know what u are getting as some of the renders I've seen I'd have the green in a heart beat but know it won't look that light/metallic

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know many people don’t know about the Lotus Carlton and it’s perhaps seen as too nerdy to reference a historical and niche Lotus colour.

But, turning it around, the story of the LC is really interesting! If you do want to have one of those “did you know” chats down the pub, have a read about how the LC came into existence, how it was discussed in Parliament when the UK government tried to ban it, and the infamy of the car “40 RA”.

As a postscript to the story, the original owner of 40RA recently bought another LC and has reinstated the iconic number plate. The original car has never been found but rumours surface periodically about what happened to it.

cihan

Reaction score
I wonder how this tour de france blue color will look with tan leather interior on emira. can anybody do the shop? thanks :)
Used-2020-Ferrari-488-Pista-1625132587.jpg

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know many people don’t know about the Lotus Carlton and it’s perhaps seen as too nerdy to reference a historical and niche Lotus colour.

But, turning it around, the story of the LC is really interesting! If you do want to have one of those “did you know” chats down the pub, have a read about how the LC came into existence, how it was discussed in Parliament when the UK government tried to ban it, and the infamy of the car “40 RA”.

As a postscript to the story, the original owner of 40RA recently bought another LC and has reinstated the iconic number plate. The original car has never been found but rumours surface periodically about what happened to it.
An extra tale of the fantastic LC.

In my career working at Vauxhall, the unsold Lotus Carltons made their way onto the senior management car plan, my manager was fortunate enough to have one which he took from the factory in Kimpton Road, Luton for a quick spin up towards the M1 and the roundabout at Junction 10A.

A little too much right foot on the exit of the roundabout returning back down the A505 towards Luton Airport, saw the poor Carlton embracing a lamppost. Said manager was additionally startled when the lamp unit detached from the post to impact on top of the stricken vehicle, whoops! Journey distance of two miles.

The poor man never lived that down, even on his retirement, the unofficial wag illustrator in the factory penned a caricature of the impaled Lotus and red faced exec. He was a lovely man and we did all feel sorry for him but manufacturing can be a cruel environment.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Fascinating story. Thanks for burnishing Lotus folklore.