Goodwood Festival of Speed 23-26 June

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, those of you lucky enough to be going, please can we have lots of Emira photos, and if you get a chance to sit in a one, a report on the seat, especially how low it goes goes for tall drivers would be appreciated (bracing myself for 'the seat isn't quite production spec yet' :rolleyes:). Also the results of your interrogation of Lotus staff regarding production delays - no waterboarding allowed though :) . Thanks!

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Amazing to think it was almost 1 year ago that we saw the Shadow Grey car zooming around at Goodwood It has been a long wait.

It was a complete coincidence but the shadow grey car pulled in to park just after I'd put my deposit down. For a bit of fun I thought I'd try a little YouTube 'video title experiment'.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Press release from Lotus about Goodwood:

Lotus-Goodwood-stand-2022.png

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm not going to make it, so, for those who do go, can you have a look at the infotainment system and see if it's the final production version? All the reviews mentioned it hadn't been completed and no one's really given much information about it. I'm wondering if you'll be able to use apps and stuff with a dedicated data connection like you can in a polestar for example. If anyone can get details about it, it seems something that's really not been touched on anywhere yet

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not going to make it, so, for those who do go, can you have a look at the infotainment system and see if it's the final production version? All the reviews mentioned it hadn't been completed and no one's really given much information about it. I'm wondering if you'll be able to use apps and stuff with a dedicated data connection like you can in a polestar for example. If anyone can get details about it, it seems something that's really not been touched on anywhere yet
I really really hope they have a FINAL PRODUCTION car there 🙏 🤦‍♂️

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I really really hope they have a FINAL PRODUCTION car there 🙏 🤦‍♂️

I hope they don't, or everyone here will lose their minds about how everything they were convinced was going to be fixed by the time they make final product -- turns out to be exactly the same as pre-production.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I hope they don't, or everyone here will lose their minds about how everything they were convinced was going to be fixed by the time they make final product -- turns out to be exactly the same as pre-production.
Or forgive all cos it looks so pretty... 😶

as7920

Reaction score
Aw shucks, forgot about this.

Good to see Nimbus in the flesh. Not what I was expecting at all. Very nice indeed. And the red impressed. Yellow too shouty for me but gorgeous nonetheless.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone got any idea on how many deposits was taken for the Electre at Goodwood?

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Has anyone got any idea on how many deposits was taken for the Electre at Goodwood?
That's a great question, not only am I curious to see the level of enthusiasm for the Eletre, it must be an absolutely key indicator for Lotus going forward as it represents their pivot into EVs.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think I heard they were up to 800 UK Eletre deposits by end of Goodwood, including the ones taken beforehand. Uptake in continental Europe has been slower, unsurprising I guess given there have been no roadshows with an Eltre there yet.

About 50 Emira deposits taken each day on the stand.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think I heard they were up to 800 UK Eletre deposits by end of Goodwood, including the ones taken beforehand. Uptake in continental Europe has been slower, unsurprising I guess given there have been no roadshows with an Eltre there yet.

800 sounds pretty solid Tom. I recently saw some press about it, referring to it as a hyper-SUV - left me surprised there has not been more focus on performance in any of the reviews I've seen, they seem to have been mainly styling and packaging based.

If i was at Lotus I'd really be pushing the hyper SUV angle hard, backed up by Lotus handling and cutting edge styling. (Maybe it is and I need to re-read it!)

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

That doesn't seem to be that many in my mind. On either vehicle.