Goodwood Festival of Speed 23-26 June

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know several of us are going to Goodwood Festival of Speed. Although sadly we won't have any customer Emiras, I'm expecting Lotus to have Emira, Electre and Evija on their stand plus hopefully all of them running up the hill along with several of the Classic Team Lotus cars. The Radford Type 62-2 is also due to be there.

I wondered if anyone wanted to meet up to say hi and grab a coffee, beer, Pimms etc?

I'll be there on Thu 23rd and Sun 26th.

Attendance list:

Thu 23rd
  • TomE (hosting)
  • EmiraMike
  • Yachtie
  • JumboJet
  • Calran
  • Hedge
  • DaveR
  • Lots_Of_Trouble
  • Bilko
  • Griggsy
Fri 24th
  • JumboJet (hosting)
  • Speedluvver
  • Mickle
  • scoates
  • Evotion
  • Logoman
  • SteveJ
  • Pugwash
  • Pav
  • Bilko
Sat 25th
  • scoates
Sun 26th
  • TomE (hosting)
  • GetawayDriving
  • Pav
  • scoates
  • Logoman

Last edited:

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Amazing, a year has passed since the reveal/showing of the Emira at Goodwood last year..... Time surely flies

Golfer1971

Reaction score
I know several of us are going to Goodwood Festival of Speed. Although sadly we won't have any customer Emiras, I'm expecting Lotus to have Emira, Electre and Evija on their stand plus hopefully all of them running up the hill along with several of the Classic Team Lotus cars. The Radford Type 62-2 is also due to be there.

I wondered if anyone wanted to meet up to say hi and grab a coffee, beer, Pimms etc?

Because I will get my Emira in July, what is too late for FOS 22, I‘ll be there in 2023 together with my Emira!
See you next year for a coffee and some „Hi“ … 🏁

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I’ll be there on Thu 23rd so it’d be great to meet up for a coffee, beer, Pimms. Although not necessarily in that order! 🍻🍹☕️🥳

JumboJet

Reaction score

Thursday & Friday for me.
Lotus stand (queing problem)? GRRC Kinrara(members only)? GRRC cricket pitch garden( mems only)? Super car area? Special car parking area? Random place defined by ///What3Words?

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

That would have been great Tom but not going to make it this year - too many Covid-postponed weddings to attend!

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sunday for me. In a moment of inclusivity/madness (delete as appropriate) I am taking the family. It will be my wife’s first sight of an Emira, her reaction could be a sight in itself. Let’s just say she’s not 100% behind the purchase!

Let’s stay in touch. Would be good to say hello/agree in person that the yellow ones are faster.

Mickle

Reaction score
I'm going on Friday - I'm another in the yellow team after visiting the factory to see some cars in the flesh. Also the first time my partner will be seeing the car too, should be fun!

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I can’t be there either as I’m in the same boat as eclat2emira , I’m in Suffolk attending a wedding. I will also be loitering around Hethel trying to get a look at any Emira cruising around 🚗

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm heading there with some friends for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Will definitely be dragging them all to the Lotus stand!

Will be my first FoS so really looking forward to it! Would be good to meet up with everyone for a drink and a wee chat if people are keen.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thursday & Friday for me.
Lotus stand (queing problem)? GRRC Kinrara(members only)? GRRC cricket pitch garden( mems only)? Super car area? Special car parking area? Random place defined by ///What3Words?
Meeting by the Lotus stand is probably the easiest. There will be various beverage vendors nearby. We can pin down details once the site map is published and set up a WhatsApp group or whatever.

I've updated my first post to keep track of who is going to be there on which days.

JumboJet

Reaction score

Attendance list:

Thu 23rd
  • TomE
  • EmiraMike
  • Yachtie
  • JumboJet
Fri 24th
  • Speedluvver
  • JumboJet
  • Mickle
  • scoates
Sat 25th
  • scoates
Sun 26th
  • TomE
  • GetawayDriving
  • Pav
  • scoates
Goodwood FoS 2022 Map
Lotus have moved

Attachments

• fos-grrc-shopping-club-map-goodwood-app.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 115

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Attendance list:

Thu 23rd
  • TomE
  • EmiraMike
  • Yachtie
  • JumboJet
Fri 24th
  • Speedluvver
  • JumboJet
  • Mickle
  • scoates
Sat 25th
  • scoates
Sun 26th
  • TomE
  • GetawayDriving
  • Pav
  • scoates
Will be there on the Thursday too Tom et Al 👍🏻

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I am there on Friday 24th June.

I had booked the Supercar paddock believing I would have the Emira to show off.
Alas, that ship has sailed so I got the parking refunded.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Blast! Having purchased tickets for Shootout Sunday and Performance Car Park (West) for the 26th, I now cannot make it as we are double booked. I completely forgot that we had already had made plans with friends to attend an early afternoon performance at Hyde Park (by Eagles, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, and various other artists)! :rolleyes:

A real boo-boo on my part, and disappointed is not how I would describe what I feel right now - it is highly likely a production Emira V6 will be in attendance, and even run up the hill, and now I will miss seeing/hearing it! :mad:

Cannot do any other day either. Saturday was already sold out when I made the purchase.

If anyone wants a ticket and performance car parking for Sunday (26th June) please PM me.

Last edited:
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Keep an eye on the FOS ticket re-sale site and the GRRC group on Facebook. Tickets are coming up for re-sale, changing hands at face value. You'll be able to sell yours and should be able to pick up some Saturday ones - you need to check regularly and jump in!

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the FOS ticket re-sale site and the GRRC group on Facebook. Tickets are coming up for re-sale, changing hands at face value. You'll be able to sell yours and should be able to pick up some Saturday ones - you need to check regularly and jump in!
Thanks Tom - will do.