Full reviews incoming?

I've just seen this on twitter, new reviews incoming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,498

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did the top gear episode air in the UK? Anything Emira related?

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I can't see Top Gear breaking the embargo of 7th June, or having a different 'deal' on publication of their 'review'...

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can't see Top Gear breaking the embargo of 7th June, or having a different 'deal' on publication of their 'review'...
I agree. But I'm wondering what the rationale was for the embargo and that date? Embargos are a floodgate for breaking news usually from the manufacturer. In this instance Lotus wants silence from the market until a set point. It's akin to setting off the the fireworks at one time. Apparently they didn't want to cause the impression any one outlet was favored over another, yet that isn't true for the Preview reviews. Also, if everyone is publishing this week all together then Lotus will have a crush of inquiries to further distract manufacturing and production planning. Unless the reviews aren't glowing.
Buckle up, my friends.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So far it’s scripted laughs and contrived mishaps - essentially a sitcom

It’s supposed to be a car show, they could at least open with an actual car review or showcase

Weyland

Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts, but some folks here seemed to think that Top Gear had been given the world exclusive.

Isn't the one Chris had a prototype anyway? (they would have had to have had it early due to TV production lead times). Real world reviews later in the week should be better

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts, but some folks here seemed to think that Top Gear had been given the world exclusive.

Isn't the one Chris had a prototype anyway? (they would have had to have had it early due to TV production lead times). Real world reviews later in the week should be better
I actually don't give a crap about top gear. The world has moved on. I'd rather see the Tuber chaps: HG, CP and even Shmeeeeeeeeeee

Stsainj

Reaction score
Did the top gear episode air in the UK? Anything Emira related?
Caught the second half of the show. No Emira review. Road trip to Florida in an RV. Swamp boat racing and a race with former police care Crown Vics

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

It’s supposed to be a car show, they could at least open with an actual car review or showcase
The new version is so forced and contrived like a sad sitcom with laughtrack piped in. That’s why I don’t watch since they canned Clarkson who was and is the soul of the show

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

It’s been a long time since it was a car show. It’s a light entertainment programme loosely based around a car theme.

The proper “car show” stuff is in their online and print magazine formats.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, that wasn't a surprise - didn't think TG would release their review before the embargo was lifted.

Looks like we will have to wait until Tuesday the 7th.

So far we know Autocar, Harry M, Andrew F. and possibly many others will release their reviews on Tuesday...

Last edited:

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Why couldn’t they do a road trip
Around the USA in a brand new all singing and dancing Winnebago which has a Emira that comes out from under it which they tour around on the amazing roads out there! Mth is would be cool
Entertainment .
Sad times !

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
There's a Chevron station in Mendocino, California charging $9.60 a gallon. With prices like that, it's practically a mortgage payment to fill up an RV, and you then get 8-12 mpg depending on how you drive and where. Driving around the USA in an RV now is going to cost you thousands just in fuel costs.