Attachments

• 704DFD74-442B-4374-8E78-4ADD46199060.jpeg
    704DFD74-442B-4374-8E78-4ADD46199060.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 5,728

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes I understand, and thanks for the education... If am wrong, time will tell,
But the question was, what was the thing on the front of the yellow car, no mention of FE. The yellow car is not FE spec its I4 for china...

It says First Edition on the side
Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 11.19.18 AM.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That black front block looks like a plate mounting pad. It seems there may be a law in China that all the front plates have to be in the same spot and at the same height because that's where all the pictures of cars with front plates have them that I've looked at. That block extends right out to the front edge of the car which would only be necessary for a plate to be mounted.

iu-1.jpeg
iu-5.jpeg

iu-6.jpeg
iu-7.jpeg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Getting off topic now but... if FE doesn't have ADAS and therefore doesn't have that ugly pimple in the front, and doesn't have "lane change assist" - do we get "blind spot detection" (light or something in the side mirror area) or is that missing as well.
No elements of ADAS are included on the V6 FE. So none of these: adaptive cruise control, anti-collision system, fatigue alert, road sign information, vehicle speed limiter, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane change assist. No blind spot detection either.

There is non-adaptive cruise control and a basic (driver controlled) speed limiter.

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
ink this is a ‘chrome-like’ silver finish similar to the forged wheels on a GT410 Sport, or are they the typical silver paint you find on all passenger car cast alloy
It's like on all passenger cars' cast alloy. Yet diamond cut wheels are different to the diamond cuts on blue show car(glossy vs matt)so I wouldn't take the wheel samples too seriously. It can go either way who knows.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's like on all passenger cars' cast alloy. Yet diamond cut wheels are different to the diamond cuts on blue show car(glossy vs matt)so I wouldn't take the wheel samples too seriously. It can go either way who knows.
The diamond cut wheels on the blue car are not the final ones but mockups. I asked this at the road show

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, mock ups on the show car but I think many of us assumed the final versions would be similar, ie a dark matte main colour and an engineered silvered accent surface. Not gloss black and shiny silver.

This is the render Lotus published for the diamond cuts when they launched the V6 FE spec, and is similar to how the DCWs appear on the configurator:

Emira-ultra-light-weight-forged-alloy-wheel-V-spoke-in-Diamond-Cut.jpg

I was expecting something similar to the DCWs on my Evora, with a darker inner/background:

Evora DCW.jpeg

I'm happy with either version, would have preferred a more matte finish. Just another example of inaccurate information being published, which for some people might mean a change of spec.