• 704DFD74-442B-4374-8E78-4ADD46199060.jpeg
    704DFD74-442B-4374-8E78-4ADD46199060.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 5,729

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like the mount location for the license plate. I sure hope that's just for China since that's the first time we've seen that.
I agree, it is horrible there

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The thing is, loyal Lotus folks like me are also very disappointed. Because the handling of this has been WORSE than how Lotus handled this kind of thing in the past. Despite them saying this is a new dawn and they realise they need to improve the customer experience to win over new customers. In places it is utterly shambolic. Mixed and contradictory messages are a big part.

A huge factor is Hethel completely cutting the information flow to dealers, to the extent that many now have given up trying to keep customers up to date and answer their questions. Instead they just tell them to call Customer Care at Hethel. And although CC are helpful, they are working from scripts that are not kept up to date. And they’ve been told NOT to provide some information.

Volume of demand isn’t a valid excuse for poor comms.. It’s really not hard for ONE person at Lotus to put themselves in the customers shoes and think about what we might appreciate in terms of info and interaction. Technology can help ask and deliver with very little effort. I offered to write FAQs - declined.
Nail on head Tom. Designing and engineering a new car is difficult, building a new factory, hiring and training staff and ramping up production at levels Lotus have never achieved before is difficult, managing new supply chains is difficult, ensuring quality is high is difficult. But the one thing which really is easy, yet they are making an arse of, is ensuring clear, consistent communication with deposit holders. Someone should send this thread to Matt Windle. I am sure he has a lot on his plate, but if customer communication isn't high on his list there is something wrong.

torstin

Reaction score
Shades of Henry Ford production motto:
“any colour so long as it’s… (yellow?)”

Otherwise it’ll be 2023

Good day to you

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As for the unit in the front of the car ... its the radar for the active cruise control
Wtf - since when does it have active cruise control. I despise that “feature” and even more so with that eyesore making the front ugly

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wtf - since when does it have active cruise control. I despise that “feature” and even more so with that eyesore making the front ugly
Features available on the Emira include keyless go, cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, electric folding door mirrors, rear parking sensors (with front sensors as an option), auto-dimming rear view mirror, curtain airbags, launch control (as part of optional Lotus Drivers Pack), and a stolen vehicle tracker.

Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) available on the Emira include adaptive cruise control, anti-collision system, fatigue alert, road sign information, vehicle speed limiter, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane change assist.
Capture1.PNG

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As covered elsewhere on the forum FE cars won't have ADAS

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
check the spec's
From the website:

• COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
    • LED automatic headlights
    • Climate Control
    • Keyless Go
    • Cruise Control
    • Rain sensing wipers
    • Electric folding door mirrors
    • Rear parking sensors
    • Auto diming rear view mirror
    • Twin cup holders
    • Central armrest and storage compartment
    • 2x USB ports
    • 1x Type-C port
    • 12v Power socket
No mention of "adaptive" cruise and there has never been a picture yet with that ugly wart in the middle of the beautiful front

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes but that's the initial announcement and they've quietly dropped ADAS from the V6 FE configuration. You won't find it on the Emira model page on the Base or First Edition specifications. There was a thread about it at the time of V6 FE specs being announced.

The Head of Emira ADAS gave this response when asked about the speed limiter element of ADAS and upcoming UK legislation, in the context of ADAS not being included for the V6 FE:

The Speed Limiter, fitted as standard that comes with Cruise Control (also fitted as standard) is the traditional Speed Limiter and it is not the one required by the Regulation (EU) 2019/2144. With this you can set an upper speed limit for when driving through roadworks etc.

Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) will be offered as option in the vehicle lifetime and include features such as: Adaptive Cruise Control, Anti-Collision System, Fatigue Alert, Road Sign Information, Adaptive Speed Limiter, Lane Departure Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Change Assist.

So V6 FE has non-adaptive cruise control, at least in UK.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
From the website:

• COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
    • LED automatic headlights
    • Climate Control
    • Keyless Go
    • Cruise Control
    • Rain sensing wipers
    • Electric folding door mirrors
    • Rear parking sensors
    • Auto diming rear view mirror
    • Twin cup holders
    • Central armrest and storage compartment
    • 2x USB ports
    • 1x Type-C port
    • 12v Power socket
No mention of "adaptive" cruise and there has never been a picture yet with that ugly wart in the middle of the beautiful front
it does say Cruise Control.... I can phone and check if you like, they are bullet points.... I am reading from the media launch web site.... but ok.... you say not....

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Cruise Control and Adaptive Cruise Control are not the same thing. Non-Adaptive means you set it and it's on you to monitor it and remove it if necessary. Adaptive automatically adapts your speed to the vehicle in front of you.

If adaptive requires that hideous block on the front of the car, then I'm really glad we're not getting that on the FE models.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Cruise Control and Adaptive Cruise Control are not the same thing. Non-Adaptive means you set it and it's on you to monitor it and remove it if necessary. Adaptive automatically adapts your speed to the vehicle in front of you.

If adaptive requires that hideous block on the front of the car, then I'm really glad we're not getting that on the FE models.
Hi... Thanks for the education..... Just selling my 2018 BMW 840D Xdrive, ful spec.... i understand how the cruise control works. Adaptive or not

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Getting off topic now but... if FE doesn't have ADAS and therefore doesn't have that ugly pimple in the front, and doesn't have "lane change assist" - do we get "blind spot detection" (light or something in the side mirror area) or is that missing as well.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Cruise Control, yes.
Adaptative Cruise control : NO
Yes I understand, and thanks for the education... If am wrong, time will tell,
But the question was, what was the thing on the front of the yellow car, no mention of FE. The yellow car is not FE spec its I4 for china...

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Yes I understand, and thanks for the education... If am wrong, time will tell,
But the question was, what was the thing on the front of the yellow car, no mention of FE. The yellow car is not FE spec its I4 for china...