First yellow car in China

Attachments

• 704DFD74-442B-4374-8E78-4ADD46199060.jpeg
    704DFD74-442B-4374-8E78-4ADD46199060.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 5,706

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Your render (first) is a lot closer than the configurator (second)

View attachment 1894

View attachment 1895
Agree and it's too bad because I like the "lighter" canary type yellow vs. the mustardy one better. Of course unless that picture was color balanced and the monitor you're looking at it on right now is color balanced we might still not be seeing the "real" color yet...

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It's good to know that my renders are close enough to serve the purpose they were intended for, which is to provide people with a decent representation of what their color choices will look like, so they can make a reasonable decision about a $100k purchase.

Now it's going to be interesting to see how close the other colors were once we start to see actual painted cars.
Test Render.png

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Why oh why can’t Lotus release some photos?! If they’ve manufactured cars in the other FE colours then take some photos and release them to customers first, not make us rely on some social media mobile phone snaps of a car made presumably weeks ago!

This just makes us feel like we’re not important or a priority, yet we’re the ones paying for these things. Poor PR Lotus! Not cool.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Soooo I'm gonna say it. They can get and show another colour in China but.......

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Soooo I'm gonna say it. They can get and show another colour in China but......
Well all you need to do is invest a billion dollars into Lotus and you'll get priority too!

Of course their major investor is going to get first cars first, that's the way it is everywhere in any industry. The important thing is we're seeing what looks like finished cars starting to come off the assembly line. I'm assuming this one runs.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well all you need to do is invest a billion dollars into Lotus and you'll get priority too!

Of course their major investor is going to get first cars first, that's the way it is everywhere in any industry. The important thing is we're seeing what looks like finished cars starting to come off the assembly line. I'm assuming this one runs.
No not having it. Its not an exclusive. Its just piss poor PR and CX again.
I will sleep on it til Jan but I'm about ready to cancel and just buy a Porsche

Reactions: DJW

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I love the Hethel Yellow now I've seen it on a physical car, and was always on the fence between yellow and blue. I'm now worried that because I saved my provisional spec in blue (under the premise from Lotus that I'd have the option to change the spec prior to lock in) that I may actually end up having my place in the queue delayed for a spec change. 😳

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I love the Hethel Yellow now I've seen it on a physical car, and was always on the fence between yellow and blue. I'm now worried that because I saved my provisional spec in blue (under the premise from Lotus that I'd have the option to change the spec prior to lock in) that I may actually end up having my place in the queue delayed for a spec change. 😳
Probably. Or worst case you can change but will be made to feel bad and that Lotus are doing you a massive favour, even tho you were told you could ...

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
No not having it. Its not an exclusive. Its just piss poor PR and CX again.
I will sleep on it til Jan but I'm about ready to cancel and just buy a Porsche
I think you're being way overly dramatic. It's a car. Either you want one or you don't, and are willing to be patient while things get sorted out, or you should just get the Porsche. Keep in mind though, that Porsche's are a dime a dozen, and if you get one in a huff because Lotus isn't performing the way 'you' think they should, you may come to your senses once you see Emiras on the street and realize what you could have had, if you'd just kept a calmer head about it all.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I work in customer service and it grates beyond all else when I'm the one spending a lot of money and not getting the service/experience I expect and deserve.
As a CX professional there is Zero excuse for any of this BS and it is BS. Am I being melodramatic, maybe slightly? But this isn't Rolex, I'm not bending over backwards to get something so coveted I can flip it for 100% profit immediately.
I want this car for the right reasons, but I now resent spending 80k on a car that I may not be happy with purely because Lotus is incapable of sharing information properly. I'm not even looking at the ownership experience. But if this is the pre purchase experience the ownership experience could be dire

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think you're being way overly dramatic. It's a car. Either you want one or you don't, and are willing to be patient while things get sorted out, or you should just get the Porsche. Keep in mind though, that Porsche's are a dime a dozen, and if you get one in a huff because Lotus isn't performing the way 'you' think they should, you may come to your senses once you see Emiras on the street and realize what you could have had, if you'd just kept a calmer head about it all.
And no I'd be very happy in a multitude of Porsches for circa 80k or more with proven reliability and residuals
I ran my last one for 18 months. It cost me 40 pounds total. And Porsche looked after me extremely well to the extent of at least 1500 pounds worth of perks and 3 driving experiences

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That yellow is gorgeous. I’m stumped why they didn’t do a red one though… that’s the colour we’ve been ruminating on the most. And likely more popular.

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Probably. Or worst case you can change but will be made to feel bad and that Lotus are doing you a massive favour, even tho you were told you could ...
TBF if I can change the spec without any delay then I don't really mind how Lotus make me feel about it. Without wanting to sound selfish, I'm only interested in getting the car I want as soon as possible and at least I don't have to play the Porsche/Ferrari game where you can't even buy the car you want without being on the 'chosen list' and instead have to buy one for a premium from a flipper!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Love the yellow. Wow. Looks great!

As far as service… I’ve given this a lot of thought and I’m getting exactly what’s expected.

I compare this to people that complain about features on free sites like social media sites. We all have a choice to simply not use the site…

So I know I’ve just committed an interest free loan of $2,500 to a Lotus dealer and for that interest free loan I am getting lots of fun configuration time along with a bunch of excitement. Then, if I don’t want the car, or if I don’t like the service, I can get my loan back…

OR, if I love the car, I can continue this process of getting one of the first! :)