First Eletre rolls off Chinese production line.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The crazy thing is they still haven’t announced the pricing on it. All deposits taken are blind ones and I don’t know how many they’ve got.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Knew I should have left that Eletre deposit in, be getting it sooner than the Emira 😉😁
Bloody Chinese and there awesome manufacturing and work ethic...

"Lotus Eletre Electric SUV Rolls Off Production Line As Lotus’ New Factory At Wuhan Opens" https://carnewschina.com/2022/07/18...ion-line-as-lotus-new-factory-at-wuhan-opens/
i would take that with a slight pinch of salty stuff, at least until 100 have rolled off. between us we could probably roll one off ourselves.... dont forget Matt's one rolled off in hethel also :).
not much info re production numbers ... its still testing for production and the car itself one can assume, but good they have made some headway in any case.
I withdrew my deposit too, over 5m long and 2 m wide... I may as well get the new VW camper van, almost smaller haha.
I am interested to see the next car, the type 23458235, rumoured to be a cross over, although I guess it will be just as wide, disappointing for someone who has to go into cities, or car parks or normal life sometimes, and potentially just as long. Polestar 3 looks decent also....

I have to see the eletre in person though, but I think within 2 years there will be a few more interesting SUV options, even the defender which is still my favourite SUV design right now.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It didn't say "first customer car rolls off the production line". Cars have been rolling off the Emira line for months . . . but it's customer cars that we care about.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Something tells me that interior is going t age very poorly in a few years time.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The more powerful top-spec variant has a maximum power output of 918 horsepower and a peak torque output of 985Nm. As one would imagine, acceleration in this variant is quicker, and 0-100km/h is done in just 2.95 seconds. The range has only slightly gone down and stands at 517 kilometers.

Not bad... I like the Eletre and looking forward to see how it plays out from the sidelines. I wish I could say the same about the Emira, which would have obviously been the smarter decision.

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So you are telling me that the ELetre is going to be 1.5s faster for 0-100 (or 2.5s on Matt Watson's watch), is two feet longer, sits 3 more people, probably costs about the same or less (@China prices), is much cheaper on fuel, AND COULD BE DELIVERED SOONER???

PS: pricing wise, Emira FE is close to $150K in China w taxes, which is a bit less than a base Cayenne or the 718 GTS. The Model Y goes for around $60K. I can't imagine the ELetre going for more than the Cayenne, as the Chinese are absolutely religious about Porsche, or twice the price of Model Y.

Last edited:

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So you are telling me that the ELetre is going to be 1.5s faster for 0-100 (or 2.5s on Matt Watson's watch), is two feet longer, sits 3 more people, probably costs about the same or less (@China prices), is much cheaper on fuel, AND COULD BE DELIVERED SOONER???

PS: pricing wise, Emira FE is close to $150K in China w taxes, which is a bit less than a base Cayenne or the 718 GTS. The Model Y goes for around $60K. I can't imagine the ELetre going for more than the Cayenne, as the Chinese are absolutely religious about Porsche, or twice the price of Model Y.
Base Eletre is rumored to start below $120K here in China.

ayoyo

Reaction score
Knew I should have left that Eletre deposit in, be getting it sooner than the Emira 😉😁
Bloody Chinese and there awesome manufacturing and work ethic...

"Lotus Eletre Electric SUV Rolls Off Production Line As Lotus’ New Factory At Wuhan Opens" https://carnewschina.com/2022/07/18...ion-line-as-lotus-new-factory-at-wuhan-opens/
The Lotus Global Smart Factory in Wuhan has an annual capacity of 150,000 units!!?

What for? It will be lucky if lotus can sell 5000 Electre each year. What is the excess capacity used for?

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i would take that with a slight pinch of salty stuff, at least until 100 have rolled off. between us we could probably roll one off ourselves.... dont forget Matt's one rolled off in hethel also :).
not much info re production numbers ... its still testing for production and the car itself one can assume, but good they have made some headway in any case.
I withdrew my deposit too, over 5m long and 2 m wide... I may as well get the new VW camper van, almost smaller haha.
I am interested to see the next car, the type 23458235, rumoured to be a cross over, although I guess it will be just as wide, disappointing for someone who has to go into cities, or car parks or normal life sometimes, and potentially just as long. Polestar 3 looks decent also....

I have to see the eletre in person though, but I think within 2 years there will be a few more interesting SUV options, even the defender which is still my favourite SUV design right now.
I agree. I have a deposit on one but I'm going to need to get in one before fully going ahead. Very small boot for the size of car and the interior looks like it would last 5 minutes with the kids. Also around £100k the price point is getting near to EQS SUV, range rover etc when they come out.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The Lotus Global Smart Factory in Wuhan has an annual capacity of 150,000 units!!?

What for? It will be lucky if lotus can sell 5000 Electre each year. What is the excess capacity used for?
They're going to sell way more than 5000 Eletre's annually... not sure where you got that info.

ayoyo

Reaction score
They're going to sell way more than 5000 Eletre's annually... not sure where you got that info.
How much more? Starting at $100K? Tesla only sold 7306 Model X in the U.S. for 2021. How much do you expect Lotus to sell the even more pricy Eletre? Why need the 150K capacity?

FlyNavy01

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How much more? Starting at $100K? Tesla only sold 7306 Model X in the U.S. for 2021. How much do you expect Lotus to sell the even more pricy Eletre? Why need the 150K capacity?
Over 21,000 Model X's have been sold this year already, and that car is $120-$150K. The $60-$80K Model Y will be over 800,000 units sold in 2022. I think you underestimate the demand for SUV's and EV's worldwide, and in China especially.

The Eletre will likely be somewhere in between those numbers. A capacity of 150,000 is also for future growth, anyone who knows anything about operations making this kind of investment doesn't buy based on today's demand. Particularly in a market of exponential growth. Hell, even the $300k Urus sells 5000 annually.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Because they will be manufacturing every new Lotus electric vehicle at the new factory I.e type 133 sedan, 134 smaller size suv etc…. They aim to sell 100,000+ per annum by 2028… You build a factory for the future not for what you anticipate to sell today…. 😉

ayoyo

Reaction score
Over 21,000 Model X's have been sold this year already, and that car is $120-$150K. The $60-$80K Model Y will be over 800,000 units sold in 2022. I think you underestimate the demand for SUV's and EV's worldwide, and in China especially.

The Eletre will likely be somewhere in between those numbers. A capacity of 150,000 is also for future growth, anyone who knows anything about operations making this kind of investment doesn't buy based on today's demand. Particularly in a market of exponential growth. Hell, even the $300k Urus sells 5000 annually.
$100K is in British pound. The Eletre will certainly be more expensive than comparative Model X in the U.S.. Yeah, we will see next year if Lotus can come anywhere near your estimate.