First Edition vs Base Spec

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
With FE 2.0 manual books now closed and FE autos up next for production when can we expect a base configuration? Anyone want to hazard a guess as to price?
I thought the 2.0 only came in auto and the V6 had the option of manual or auto?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
With FE 2.0 manual books now closed and FE autos up next for production when can we expect a base configuration? Anyone want to hazard a guess as to price?
Most of the race tracks like Thruxton etc. do supercar experiences with Ferraris and Lambos or you could have a nice trip to Italy and have an authentic experience:

Deeznuss

Reaction score
I’ll answer my own question (haha)
Based on what I’ve read on this forum and Lotus Talk V6 Base: $93k-$96k, fully loaded $107k -$109k. Base i4 numbers $5k less.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
for when we get the base config i have a guess

before I got my FE 2.0 allocation just a week before sometime early Feb I called Lotus of Dallas to ask for updates. he told me that I will probably be finalizing my build in March, and since I had a base allocation at the time I asked,

"so that means base config in march"

i got a "maybe"

not that concrete i know

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ll answer my own question (haha)
Based on what I’ve read on this forum and Lotus Talk V6 Base: $93k-$96k, fully loaded $107k -$109k. Base i4 numbers $5k less.
What would be “fully loaded” to get it to that price? Would that be all the options that come standard on the FE? I haven’t seen additional options yet

Deeznuss

Reaction score
What would be “fully loaded” to get it to that price? Would that be all the options that come standard on the FE? I haven’t seen additional options yet
Yes all the Al a carte opinions to turn a base v6 into a FE v6 in all but name.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does it mean when the base option is ready the FE will be stopped or sold as an option as well?
They would have stopped the FE by now if it wasn't for the various delays (CARB, non-China i4 etc). There may be some overlap of some FE variants being sold and the base spec being released, but I'd only expect that for configurations that have been delayed if so.

Once FE is stopped it won't be sold as an option per se but it is likely that you will be able to "recreate" the FE spec by adding in the relevant options (unless they add different trim levels, with one of which that matches FE, but under a different name).

At the end of the day we won't know for sure until more information is released.

drjazzsk

Reaction score
When is the transition to MY 2025? I think I heard somewhere July or after orders? I wonder if any new options or variants will come with that?

Deeznuss

Reaction score
When is the transition to MY 2025? I think I heard somewhere July or after orders? I wonder if any new options or variants will come with that?
Boardwalk said June build for my FE 2.0 with a late 24 or early 25 delivery. It would be super lame to receive a MY 24 in 2025 especially if a July build would be considered at MY 25. Sigh. Whatever.

RoryBellows

Reaction score
What s the deal with the surge of autotrader listings. Are those actually turned down cars that are available right now. I get they can be sold now but why are so many being listed.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was looking into different variants, not sure if this was posted already.... Looks like when the base configurator goes live there will be two trims after the first edition. Base and S. Not sure if S has a different power output or if it just indicates sport suspension? I assume it would get a power upgrade. Still unknown is if it is i4 only or V6. Based on the part notes the "S" is SP/T.... My assumption is it stands for "sport trim". I think the higher powered "R" version will arrive in a couple years and will definitely be for the i4 ultimate track edition.

What do we think the "S" will be?

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 8.20.02 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 8.18.09 AM.png

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was looking into different variants, not sure if this was posted already.... Looks like when the base configurator goes live there will be two trims after the first edition. Base and S. Not sure if S has a different power output or if it just indicates sport suspension? I assume it would get a power upgrade. Still unknown is if it is i4 only or V6. Based on the part notes the "S" is SP/T.... My assumption is it stands for "sport trim". I think the higher powered "R" version will arrive in a couple years and will definitely be for the i4 ultimate track edition.

View attachment 38415

View attachment 38414
Interesting....
This was copyrighted in 2022 so whatever the plan was then has not been affected by events since? Or not updated. We know production timelines have shifted. (Ie Regulatory, mfg)
Let the speculation begin anew.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 38415

View attachment 38414
Based on the order it looks like the S may be a hotter version. Hopefully the FEs can be tuned to match.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It could be that the "S" is the sport suspension option as that unlocks track mode in ECU as well. Perhaps no power upgrade?

or

It's for the i4 only and is sport suspension and 400 BHP in the i4's?

These are my two best guesses.