First Edition vs Base Spec

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
Some might say keeping an exotic sportscar in the garage and never actually driving it as intended ruins it.

I for one, will be occasionally taking my Emira to the track and enjoying it's full potential (or at least to the extent of my driver skill). It's what these cars were built for and part of my enjoyment! I love detailing and keeping my cars pristine, but they are made to be driven and driven hard!

Not tracking a Lotus is like having a super model wife and not f.... well, you know what I'm saying. ;)
My Lotus is a daily driver…..just like my smoking hot wife. I just don’t take her out and ride her too hard.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Tracking a work of art like this absolutely ruins it.
Such a shame to hear this, cars are meant to be driven especially cars like that! I don’t get people who buy cars to store them, ~2 weeks ago I took my STO to Mugello circuit in Italy for its first track day (jaw dropping experience). I intend to track the emira as well as making it my daily, enjoy what you paid and what it was designed for!

Attachments

• BE92CE0C-CBCA-4A1F-863C-1CF20B178A0C.jpeg
    BE92CE0C-CBCA-4A1F-863C-1CF20B178A0C.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 122

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, there are 2 other sides to tracking. Expense and mechanical sympathy.

Emira - will definitely track it and thrash the nuts off it.
Ferrari F430 - No chance. Has a different level of consequences and I, myself, cannot afford them. I get my thrills on the road.

I would track a modern Ferrari. I just can't bring myself to subject my beloved to the rigours of track driving.

mrmoogee

Reaction score
Such a shame to hear this, cars are meant to be driven especially cars like that! I don’t get people who buy cars to store them, ~2 weeks ago I took my STO to Mugello circuit in Italy for its first track day (jaw dropping experience). I intend to track the emira as well as making it my daily, enjoy what you paid and what it was designed for!
This is probably the truest comment I’ve read on this forum, these things are thoroughbreds before anything else, designed like art yes, but for driving first and foremost

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
Anyone know if they are offering Cert of Provenance for the Emira?

Attachments

• 0CB22A2A-4063-4419-ABB9-5EFABF331A6B.jpeg
    0CB22A2A-4063-4419-ABB9-5EFABF331A6B.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 72

Deeznuss

Reaction score
New to Lotus Forum.
I’m currently a late depositor for the Emira V6 manual and have been told all FE1 and FE2 allotments have been accounted for at Boardwalk Lotus with an 18-24 month wait time for a base model. This timeline works fine with me as I don’t want another car until 2026 when I can offload a current vehicle onto a teenage driver in the family.

That said I’m curious to see what the base specs look like in the future. I can’t help but think that some of the “packs” will wind up on the base after the FEs are off the shelf. Back up camera in the technology pack is mandatory safety equipment in California. Will Lotus really cheap out and stick ugly flat black accent pieces on a $90k sports car if you don’t buy the lower black pack. Will a potential engine upgrade be standard fair by the time the base model finally does come out similar to the latest Supra GR year 1 vs year 2 HP numbers.

Just4emira

Reaction score
New to Lotus Forum.
I’m currently a late depositor for the Emira V6 manual and have been told all FE1 and FE2 allotments have been accounted for at Boardwalk Lotus with an 18-24 month wait time for a base model. This timeline works fine with me as I don’t want another car until 2026 when I can offload a current vehicle onto a teenage driver in the family.

That said I’m curious to see what the base specs look like in the future. I can’t help but think that some of the “packs” will wind up on the base after the FEs are off the shelf. Back up camera in the technology pack is mandatory safety equipment in California. Will Lotus really cheap out and stick ugly flat black accent pieces on a $90k sports car if you don’t buy the lower black pack. Will a potential engine upgrade be standard fair by the time the base model finally does come out similar to the latest Supra GR year 1 vs year 2 HP numbers.
I also ordered mine at boardwalk

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
New to Lotus Forum.

Check your email. I just got one from Boardwalk with pictures of all the new color plates plus update on V6 Base production.

UPDATE: BaseV6 Production should begin May/June 2024. We will most likely see the configurator shortly after the New Year, with order placing shortly after!

So the 18-24 months lead time is no longer true with the increased production schedule at the factory and you could see your V6 around Aug/Sept timeframe.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Check your email. I just got one from Boardwalk with pictures of all the new color plates plus update on V6 Base production.

UPDATE: BaseV6 Production should begin May/June 2024. We will most likely see the configurator shortly after the New Year, with order placing shortly after!

So the 18-24 months lead time is no longer true with the increased production schedule at the factory and you could see your V6 around Aug/Sept timeframe.
Wouldn't a deposit placed today be 'allocation-dependent' as that remains the limiting factor with orders? The wait list isn't going to magically evaporate. Place in line still matters, I believe.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wouldn't a deposit placed today be 'allocation-dependent' as that remains the limiting factor with orders? The wait list isn't going to magically evaporate. Place in line still matters, I believe.
They just ran out of FE 2.0 allocation in Aug 23 so I don't think there's a lot of deposits on the FE base so you can probably still make it into the first build.

Just4emira

Reaction score
Email update just came in from Boardwalk today with pictures of the new color plates plus update on Base V6 production.
The zinc grey in the email looks so light color, somewhat like white. I was expecting something darker in color. But whatever, cant change my spec

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can anyone share the pictures they sent of the new colours?

** The UK market really should have had the base configurator go live awhile ago, I am thinking that Q1 2024 for base configurator is probably correct and change over happening July / August seems likely. Would give them enough time in the first half of 2024 to finish i4 F/E and some V6 F/E's before focusing the line on base edition and different options for builds.

Last edited:

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Can anyone share the pictures they sent of the new colours?

** The UK market really should have had the base configurator go live awhile ago, I am thinking that Q1 2024 for base configurator is probably correct and change over happening July / August seems likely. Would give them enough time in the first half of 2024 to finish i4 F/E and some V6 F/E's before focusing the line on base edition and different options for builds.
full

Deeznuss

Reaction score
With FE 2.0 manual books now closed and FE autos up next for production when can we expect a base configuration? Anyone want to hazard a guess as to price?

Martylemoo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Who runs Italian Trackdays? I really want to do some.