Finally booked the M139 version

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Surprisingly, Lotus China introduced the V6 FE version 3days ago and the price of it was 1,118,000 RMB (165600 US dollars). Considering the unacceptable pricing discrepancies, I finnaly booked the I4 version. Hope the M139 version would be good. P.S. The I4 version is 87000RMB (128000 US dollars)
By the way, Lotus China will shut the I4 booking on 25th July, which means you cannot book M139 version after next Monday.

Attachments

• V6.jpg
    V6.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 69
  • I4.png
    I4.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s a bit strange they are pulling the I4 option so early. The V6 option has no possibility to change any option, it comes as it comes (4 colours, manual only, no magma, sport+cup 2, black pack, diamond cut wheels and alcantara as far as I remember). I guess the base I4 will be offered in the next few months.

858kRMB (before extras) for AMG versus 1,118kRMB for V6 (that price includes options that cost extra on the I4). I was advised should add another 90kRMB to get on the road including 1st years insurance for the AMG Emira. That puts the AMG Emira on the road price in China at circa half the realistic on the road price of a 911 carrera S (ends up about 2M or about 300kUSD with all taxes and a few select options).

They are opening a Lotus showroom in Changzhou, (City where I live) in the next few months. Which is handy!

Personally I only put a deposit down about 6 or 8 weeks ago. Was not expecting it until mid to end of 23. Could be tempted by the V6 if I could get a drive in one. Having to sell a manual car later, might be tricky in China though….

OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That’s a bit strange they are pulling the I4 option so early. The V6 option has no possibility to change any option, it comes as it comes (4 colours, manual only, no magma, sport+cup 2, black pack, diamond cut wheels and alcantara as far as I remember). I guess the base I4 will be offered in the next few months.

858kRMB (before extras) for AMG versus 1,118kRMB for V6 (that price includes options that cost extra on the I4). I was advised should add another 90kRMB to get on the road including 1st years insurance for the AMG Emira. That puts the AMG Emira on the road price in China at circa half the realistic on the road price of a 911 carrera S (ends up about 2M or about 300kUSD with all taxes and a few select options).

They are opening a Lotus showroom in Changzhou, (City where I live) in the next few months. Which is handy!

Personally I only put a deposit down about 6 or 8 weeks ago. Was not expecting it until mid to end of 23. Could be tempted by the V6 if I could get a drive in one. Having to sell a manual car later, might be tricky in China though….
The rep told me that there will be a test drive at the end of 2022. All customers who have put 20K deposit would have a chance to try a V6 automatic version test car.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The rep told me that there will be a test drive at the end of 2022. All customers who have put 20K deposit would have a chance to try a V6 automatic version test car.
After seeing your message I enquired with a rep I was told I’ll get an invitation in September to experience a V6 auto. Hopefully it materialises. I’m desperate to get a proper look at the Emira, haven’t been able to see 1 in the flesh yet.

It’s hard to justify another roughly 45kUSD for the V6MT versus the I4 (OTR difference). That’s almost what my daily drive Model 3 performance cost us last year. I think I’ll be sticking with the AMG engine.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Surprisingly, Lotus China introduced the V6 FE version 3days ago and the price of it was 1,118,000 RMB (165600 US dollars). Considering the unacceptable pricing discrepancies, I finnaly booked the I4 version. Hope the M139 version would be good. P.S. The I4 version is 87000RMB (128000 US dollars)
By the way, Lotus China will shut the I4 booking on 25th July, which means you cannot book M139 version after next Monday.

I'm starting to wonder if they are having issues with the i4, there has been no information or pre production drives with it and customer manufacturing is only a couple of months away.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Press review cars won’t be until November and first customer cars in January, so more like 5 months away.

OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
After seeing your message I enquired with a rep I was told I’ll get an invitation in September to experience a V6 auto. Hopefully it materialises. I’m desperate to get a proper look at the Emira, haven’t been able to see 1 in the flesh yet.

It’s hard to justify another roughly 45kUSD for the V6MT versus the I4 (OTR difference). That’s almost what my daily drive Model 3 performance cost us last year. I think I’ll be sticking with the AMG engine.
I'm starting to wonder if they are having issues with the i4, there has been no information or pre production drives with it and customer manufacturing is only a couple of months away.
There are widespread rumours about the heat dissipation problem of M139 of Emira.

OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Press review cars won’t be until November and first customer cars in January, so more like 5 months away.
Hoping the egineers of LOTUS could solve the problem ASAP.

OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I will go to test the real car in Sep as well. See you then.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I will go to test the real car in Sep as well. See you then.
I’m in Changzhou, Jiangsu, didn’t get any hint as to where I’d be able to test or anything more specific than September. I believe they are setting up drive days in various locations, but we’ll have to wait and see. Where are you based?

I’ve not even seen an Emira in the flesh yet. Shanghai Covid restrictions made it difficult to take a look in the SH showrooms.

Last edited:

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There are widespread rumours about the heat dissipation problem of M139 of Emira.
Rumours, but it seems like that’s why the m139 is offered in 360bhp trim, but then they offer it at 400bhp for China. Just have to wait and see. I’m not expecting to see mine for 12 months minimum and likely end of 23. Would be good to get by Dec 23 as that’s a big birthday for me…

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m in Changzhou, Jiangsu, didn’t get any hint as to where I’d be able to test or anything more specific than September. I believe they are setting up drive days in various locations, but we’ll have to wait and see. Where are you based?

I’ve not even seen an Emira in the flesh yet. Shanghai Covid restrictions made it difficult to take a look in the SH showrooms.
It looks good in photos but it looks amazing in real life 😃