Factory Tour Thread

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Those who have recently been to Hethel and seen Nimbus with Silver forged wheels please chime in! I'd love to know your thoughts!
But the colours have only been seen on panels in artificial light and once you get the light reflecting you get a nice dark green metallic. So once outside on a sunny day with so much more light (natural) and greater breadth of light rather than those hung from a ceiling I think DVG will look absolutely stunning. I would like to see one in day light and then make my final choice on Nimbus v DVG.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I saw Tan in the flesh yesterday inside a very nearly complete Dark Verdant Emira (I'll add more on that elsewhere...), the photo above is pretty representative, If i was using a term to describe it it might be caramel or toffee. It works well for me with DV, not sure it would work as well if DV was much lighter (In which case of course it would be V, not DV! :ROFLMAO:)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Haven't been, but think black pack is 100% the way to go. Still on the fence of that or Magma...
Yesterday I saw an almost complete Shadow grey Emira with full black pack. Under interior lighting I had to look twice to check it did indeed have black roof but it did and I liked the way it looked, which pleasantly surprised me!

As I've gone for DV I've ruled out the black pack but I love it every time I see it - it does visually lower the car and add that fighter jet cockpit look.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks for these renders @Eagle7 !

I suspect in the bright sun down under there will be a lot more contrast. Your shadow grey looks really dark, almost like a starlight or cosmos black compared to many of the photos of the dynamic prototype that I’ve seen.
Yeah I should have done the renders in an inside environment which is where most people saw the gray car.

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 8.41.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 8.46.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 10.21.30 AM.png

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I said, that it's been around a long time.

I don't know... we'll have to see, but so far the few pictures we've been shown of cars with FE paints on them look better than what I see on a Lexus or Porsche. Those cars aren't bad, I'm not saying that, but they're all over town here and none of them look quite like the images of Magma and Nimbus we've been shown. We have to see these cars out in the real world daylight though, to gauge how they're really going to look. If only Lotus would help us out there.

I'm sure there's going to be a side-by-side comparison by more than one reviewer of an Emira and a Cayman, and we'll get to see how they look. I'm guessing the Emira paint job, as long as it's one of the rich FE colors (not white), will look richer, deeper and more vibrant. Maybe not, but that's my guess.
Do you think it will be equal to or better than what Acura is doing with their Andaro paint??

Jonno

Reaction score
Those who have recently been to Hethel and seen Nimbus with Silver forged wheels please chime in! I'd love to know your thoughts!
Yep, I was there last week.
My spec was Nimbus, black pack, tan interior and silver forged wheels.
The Nimbus is just classy as hell. The website just doesn't do it justice. On this basis I made the decision to ditch the black pack and also change the wheels from silver to the diamond cut version. I felt the silver wheels on the Nimbus just lacked a bit of something. Just personal choice though.....
Ditching the black pack was easy decision when I saw a full Nimbus car close up. If I want black pack roof it'll be a few quid to get it wrapped......

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yep, I was there last week.
My spec was Nimbus, black pack, tan interior and silver forged wheels.
The Nimbus is just classy as hell. The website just doesn't do it justice. On this basis I made the decision to ditch the black pack and also change the wheels from silver to the diamond cut version. I felt the silver wheels on the Nimbus just lacked a bit of something. Just personal choice though.....
Ditching the black pack was easy decision when I saw a full Nimbus car close up. If I want black pack roof it'll be a few quid to get it wrapped......
Can't fault any of that thought process!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
From people that went already to the tour in Hethel, how does the silver forged wheels looks? From 1 to 10 😅

The only set of black wheels I saw looked really beat up, but I still loved them. Diamond cut 2nd. Silver looked good but the least special on this car, imo

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Nimbus with silver was fine, but there is a mismatch between the two shades of grey. Was not my favorite wheel on Nimbus.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ok, just took the tour!

Saw every color, every interior, and every wheel option.

Magma is cherry! See the image attached. The full dynamic range of these cherries can be found on Magma. It’s cherry red.

There was also a vivid red car and frankly, it was stunning. My eye kept getting pulled to it. Bright bright red, very Ferrari.

Verdant. It’s always a black car, and sometimes a green car, if that makes sense. I called it a seaweed. At a distance, it’s black. The closer you get… maybe it’s green? Where light is hitting it directly, green breaks through the shadowy top coat. In direct light on one side it does become a bit of a muddy green. This was under factory lights, almost certainly pops more in sunlight.

I went in thinking Nimbus, tan interior, black pack, Diamond cut wheels, yellow calipers.

Very near the end of the tour we arrived at a car that literally wowed me. It was A nearly complete Nimbus, no black pack, black wheels, red calipers. It looked exotic and mean and had much more presence than the other cars. I think that’s my spec. With red interior.

I don’t usually like red interiors but this one is gorgeous. Also saw an ice interior on a Magma car and that combo is fantastic. Ice was my 2nd favorite. I didn’t care for tan. It’s pretty caramel, which is just ever-slightly too much “orange” for me.

Attachments

• ACB2E00A-3164-4795-8CB1-7C452509EFEA.jpeg
    ACB2E00A-3164-4795-8CB1-7C452509EFEA.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 47

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Do you think it will be equal to or better than what Acura is doing with their Andaro paint??
Looks like it will be at least equal, and possibly better. The Andaro system is a 6 layer paint process, and even with some automation, there's a fair amount of human labor involved, which is why it's a $6,000 option.

There's no human labor involved in the system Lotus is using. It's a lot faster, does everything in one application, and the spray pattern can be adjusted on the fly for efficient usage of paint depending on the size of the area being painted. Without being able to see a finished car (Magma for example) in the same lighting as an Andaro painted NSX, it's going to be hard to judge which is more effective, but the planforms and the few factory photos we've seen look like the color depth and vibrance of the FE colors will at the very least rival the Andaro look.

I'm guessing the FE colors as an option will be somewhere between $2k-$3k, which will give you an Andaro or better level finish at half the price.