Evora 5* Evo car review to Emira 4*

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Agreed with a lot of folks here; I think the Emira is really just a more polished Evora that appeals to more people.

I personally, wanted to get the Evora years ago, but really couldn't get past the "old Lotus" parts bin Frankenstein interior. The Emira solved a lot of the issues that the Evora had for me. It just looks like a more complete package.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You know I went back and watched a lot of the Lotus videos and interviews from last year. They speak about the most well rounded Lotus ever in the Emira. They talk about no compromises if you daily drive it. Unfortunately those with a strong Lotus history may not be impressed with the Emira's driving experience. IMO it would just take a lot of money to create a car that handles/steers as good as the Evora yet add weight for extra comforts. Wouldn't that be a 125K USD car? Unlike Porsche, Mercedes, and almost every other sports car maker, Lotus doesn't have a legion of car owners to whom they had to *raise the bar. This is why the lower HP number is irrelevant for people like me. Just by sheer numbers there won't be a ton of Evora owners who will have an Emira because there aren't that many Evoras out there compared to the Emira. But for non-Lotus owners like me this will likely be the best handling/steering car I have owned and for damn sure it will be one of the most super car looking cars I will ever own.

EDIT: *Raise the "PERFORMANCE" bar.

ssminnowjnsn

Reaction score
Whilst other than the obvious I think in general Emira reviews have been solid, but....
This month's evo has a review on the original Evora where it gives it 5 stars (Emira 4*) and reminds us it beat a gt3 to car of the year on launch.
I think this is the reception we expected for the emira but didn't get.

View attachment 8606
Well that solves it then if this James Banker bloke doesn’t approve we should all just bin it and buy Porsches