• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Everyone's Mod Priority List

denk0815

Reaction score
If you had the 440 kit including the Syvecs ecu it’s only a matter of adding the performance headers and downloading the new map to go 460.
The cams would require a custom tune or you will be going over the 500nm torque level that is bad for reliability.

460hp/500nm is the max with going built but you could always go down the weight reduction after that.
Thank you very much.
Is the 500nm for the engine itself or for the clutch?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1. PPF
2. 3rd Cat delete
3. Improve the driver
4. Continue improving the driver
5. Make sure I squeeze every mile out of the warranty
Improve the driver is certainly something we all need to do. 😁👍🏻

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you swap your red seats out isn’t there other leather on the dash and door cards in red?
I saw a twin turbo supra at an event that was bought with red seats and owner had them colour changed to black and you couldn’t tell. I imagine black is the easiest colour to change to.
Yes there'd still be a few red interior pieces but not enough to bother me... I might just swap out the seats altogether if a crashed Emira comes along and parts are to be grabbed like a baby wilderbeast torn up by Hyenas. That said, if a color change to the leather is an easy fix I might look into that too.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes there'd still be a few red interior pieces but not enough to bother me... I might just swap out the seats altogether if a crashed Emira comes along and parts are to be grabbed like a baby wilderbeast torn up by Hyenas. That said, if a color change to the leather is an easy fix I might look into that too.

In all fairness I’ve been in a few scrapyards in my life and can’t recall even seeing a Lotus. I read they are in the top 5 cars to have the largest percentage of cars built still on the road. I suppose if someone has removed the drivetrain a scrapyard isn’t going to be able to sell a smashed shell.
I wonder what happens to the shells of unrepairable composite cars? Maybe it’s like GRP motor boats that don’t decay in the water and there are old farms full of them.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Done
Ppf
Valve controller
All black badges
Back box mod

Contemplating...
3rd car delete pipe
Carbon engine surround
I like "some" of the Carbon kits around. Still not convinced a rear spoiler sits right on this car, certainly the Swan neck style is not for me.

Some subtle spacers might look nice, I'd be interested in lowering but the tour suspension is that well suited to UK cart tracks I'm loathed to mess with it.

@emira_nimbus_v6

1000034967.jpg

OP
Gprodigy

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Done
Ppf
Valve controller
All black badges
Back box mod

Contemplating...
3rd car delete pipe
Carbon engine surround
I like "some" of the Carbon kits around. Still not convinced a rear spoiler sits right on this car, certainly the Swan neck style is not for me.

Some subtle spacers might look nice, I'd be interested in lowering but the tour suspension is that well suited to UK cart tracks I'm loathed to mess with it.

@emira_nimbus_v6

View attachment 37134

Thanks right, you did add the valve controller on the OEM setup!👍

What's holding you back from the 3rd cat delete?

Last edited:

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Done
Ppf
Valve controller
All black badges
Back box mod

Contemplating...
3rd car delete pipe
Carbon engine surround

@emira_nimbus_v6

View attachment 37134

What’s the black box mod?

allenyao09

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
window tint and PPF for sure
next maybe some carbon fiber interior or exterior kit
will be running the stock for a while before deciding any exhaust, suspension or brake upgrades

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m looking at doing these bronze gold on my shadow gray. It will pop nicely. Unfortunately they don’t have them in the size of the Emira and so it would have to be a custom order which will cost a LOT more and take over 10 weeks. Do you guys know of another brand of wheels with the same finish that’s ready to go for the emira?
Thanks
Just a word of caution (heard from a friend, I do not have first hand experience): apparently the official wheel center bore diameter listed at 69.1 for front and 68.1 for rear may not be accurate. According to him, both should be 68.1.

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just a word of caution (heard from a friend, I do not have first hand experience): apparently the official wheel center bore diameter listed at 69.1 for front and 68.1 for rear may not be accurate. According to him, both should be 68.1.
Good to know thanks!

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Thanks right, you did add the valve controller on the OEM setup!👍

What's holding you back from the 3rd cat delete?
It's not quite OEM, the back box is modified but tbh the controller seemed to make the bigger difference off the two.

Re the 3rd cat delete I was in two minds weather it would make it too loud and also waiting for lotus to mend the car they broke 6mths ago (starting issue after software update) and to get its first service out of the way next month.

saknibs

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
PPF on front clip
DIY red engine/supercharger cover
red seat belts - does anyone have a source?