EV Poll - Do you want a sports car EV

Will you buy an sports car EV

• Total voters

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Please let me know if this has been posted. It's starting to look like I will have all Lotus cars in the near future right after I win the lottery. Lotus 132, Emira, and the MR2 Sister Car.

In just a few months I have gone from never ever will I want an EV... to bring them on. Why not. Anybody else curious or slowly warming up to EVs?

This next article has this quote in it. It is an interview with Gavan Kershaw.

"How do you make an all-electric car engaging for enthusiast drivers?

You have to start with the basics of linear response and predictable and confidence-inspiring safe handling. Torque vectoring gives engineers a very powerful tuning set to reach new limits. A good EV will be brilliant – huge torque, high power and revolutionary design. I can’t wait!"

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The electric Elise (MR2 Sister) was posted. Here it is:

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think in the future there will be great electric sports cars and I'm looking forward to them. They just have to get some more emotions in them, also some more uniqueness. It's quite lame if the only differentiation is one, two, three or four engines with XXX KWh batteries, while nobody is talking about V12 twin turbo charged EVs or the like. I have the fear that choosing a car is more and more just a decision of preferred looks, because technically they will all be roughly the same and every manufacturer can built high quality, good (self) driving cars. As a daily, I would take an EV all day (as I already do), but as a fun car - at least for now - a V6 manual makes much more sense to me, even if it will have way less punch than my daily. Strange times...

IanO

Reaction score
I think in the future there will be great electric sports cars and I'm looking forward to them. They just have to get some more emotions in them, also some more uniqueness. It's quite lame if the only differentiation is one, two, three or four engines with XXX KWh batteries, while nobody is talking about V12 twin turbo charged EVs or the like. I have the fear that choosing a car is more and more just a decision of preferred looks, because technically they will all be roughly the same and every manufacturer can built high quality, good (self) driving cars. As a daily, I would take an EV all day (as I already do), but as a fun car - at least for now - a V6 manual makes much more sense to me, even if it will have way less punch than my daily. Strange times...
I’m looking forward to seeing what the sports car brands can do. Taking the engine away means there will be much more focus on the handling which should be good for Lotus.

JPS_67

Reaction score
at the end of the day it is all about handling and the Lotus DNA is about handling. I can imagine myself in the future in an EV Lotus Elise like this.
elise ev.JPG

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am not trying to be silly with this post at all. A lot of us on this forum were influenced as children to become car enthusiasts. I think @JPS_67 makes a good point, what new HANDLING characteristics are they developing? Is a sports car 4 things: Looks, Handling, Speed/Acceleration, & Sound? Maybe we shouldn't compare ICE to EV. That may be like comparing a boat to a car. For a car enthusiast ICE and EV may be two entirely different things.

We all remember how these cars accelerated and handled don't we? Lighting fast and on a rail! If anyone can do it, Lotus can.

toy cars electric.jpg

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Once the cars can go 450 miles at high speed in the winter vs 180 miles , maybe.

once they make them below 3100 lbs and 450+ miles driving high speed in the winter, maybe.

Batteries = ancient technology = do not make sense for vehicles

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Personally not interested in an ev sports car.
To me the whole idea of a sports car is to stimulate as many senses as possible, that's why no other car will come close to that then my Ariel Atom did.
I mean is there really any comparison between the sound of a great ice exhaust, to the sound of an electric motor humming.
Give me a break.
To me a sports car is about sensory overload.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, why not? They just need to work on driver engagement and they could be fun. Right now, it's just boring driving EVs. I feel so detached from the driving experience. The Taycans are very nice daily drivers thanks to Porsche quality interiors, but other than that, it's not a sports car IMO. Now the Mission R... that looks exhilarating. Looking forward to what Lotus comes up with.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Instant torque? Yes please. But the lack of driver involvement (even with some of the latest EVs having two gears) is a bit disappointing. Push the pedal and go… nothing very involving about that.

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Personally not interested in an ev sports car.
To me the whole idea of a sports car is to stimulate as many senses as possible, that's why no other car will come close to that then my Ariel Atom did.
I mean is there really any comparison between the sound of a great ice exhaust, to the sound of an electric motor humming.
Give me a break.
To me a sports car is about sensory overload.

Would a 4 wheel steering Lotus EV sports car interest you at all?

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I mean every time I drove my Ariel Atom it was an experience, a memorable one.
Even if it was just driving down the street to put fuel in it people would stop me ask questions blah blah blah.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Please let me know if this has been posted. It's starting to look like I will have all Lotus cars in the near future right after I win the lottery. Lotus 132, Emira, and the MR2 Sister Car.

In just a few months I have gone from never ever will I want an EV... to bring them on. Why not. Anybody else curious or slowly warming up to EVs?

This next article has this quote in it. It is an interview with Gavan Kershaw.

"How do you make an all-electric car engaging for enthusiast drivers?

You have to start with the basics of linear response and predictable and confidence-inspiring safe handling. Torque vectoring gives engineers a very powerful tuning set to reach new limits. A good EV will be brilliant – huge torque, high power and revolutionary design. I can’t wait!"

If you want to imagine that future, look into the Tesla Riadster

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m surprised that manufacturers aren’t looking more into hydrogen powered cars. Electric cars aren’t sustainable long term, the precious metals are dug out of the ground by slave labour, the energy to create the batteries and then charge them is mostly derived from gas or coal power stations. And don’t get me started on battery landfills in 8 years time.
Having said that I’m looking at a company EV as the tax benefits are too good to ignore for now.

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Music to my ears.

Ok, okay, let's keep this a fair fight. :ROFLMAO: I had not seen that video before. This confirms I really want to get my supercharger powder coated red. Great sound indeed.

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It is inevitable, my Emira is my last vroom vroom. I anticipate getting a Woosh Woosh when the legislation changes force my hand.