Emira V6 Manual "Auto Blip" Downshift Rev-Matching

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They use a different ECU.
They use Syvecs but I am unsure if there is even a way to input that data if the gearbox had an output. There has to be something because the dashboard shows what gear it is in but I can't see anyone developing this for the limited amount of owners requesting it and what they would be prepared to pay.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They use Syvecs but I am unsure if there is even a way to input that data if the gearbox had an output. There has to be something because the dashboard shows what gear it is in but I can't see anyone developing this for the limited amount of owners requesting it and what they would be prepared to pay.
Says flatshift and autoblip is included by default, and specifically mentions "all Lotus Emira V6"... 🤷‍♂️

JUBU Performance - (jubu-performance.com)

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The gearbox doesn't have an output for that, the ECU infers the gear from the RPM and wheel speed.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Imho, if you don't want to do all manual things manually, get the DCT. I wanna do my own blips... 😁 That's my whole purpose for this car. (Still waiting... )

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Imho, if you don't want to do all manual things manually, get the DCT. I wanna do my own blips... 😁 That's my whole purpose for this car. (Still waiting... )
But the car having more features is never a bad thing. If you don't want to use it, simply don't turn it on? Zero downside to allowing more owners more choices.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
But the car having more features is never a bad thing. If you don't want to use it, simply don't turn it on? Zero downside to allowing more owners more choices.
There's an argument for that for sure... but the counter argument is that Emira purposed as analog and immersive for the driver, so those driver asst features available on so many other makes maybe are purposely omitted on a pure analog car with modern amenities in the interior. Insee both sides for sure...

B r I a n

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There's an argument for that for sure... but the counter argument is that Emira purposed as analog and immersive for the driver, so those driver asst features available on so many other makes maybe are purposely omitted on a pure analog car with modern amenities in the interior. Insee both sides for sure...
Downside: added requirements always mean added cost and weight

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Downside: added requirements always mean added cost and weight
Doesn't feel like that applies in this situation, given that a) this is an aftermarket modification, b) they're throwing the feature in at no cost (or rather, leaving it out wouldn't necessarily reduce the cost), and c) it is software, which doesn't add much weight in my experience :)

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well they say a byte weighs an attogram, and that adds up.

B r I a n

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Doesn't feel like that applies in this situation, given that a) this is an aftermarket modification, b) they're throwing the feature in at no cost (or rather, leaving it out wouldn't necessarily reduce the cost), and c) it is software, which doesn't add much weight in my experience :)
Totally agree, very small impact if added on aftermarket. I am sensitive to requirements creep in my professional life. I was looking at it as an original requirement, where the requirement drives a different control system then snowballs into many different systems suppliers.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another option to consider -
We carry and have helped develop these kits for the Evora and V6 Exige - GRP Blip Module
We plan to test and fit one to our shop Emira once it arrives.
Depending on if things have changed much from the Evora as far as tps connectors etc it will hopefully be a pretty easy adaptation and we will have them available soon.

allenyao09

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Auto blip is a really nice to have. I used to do rev matching, heel & toe with my Evo X, but moved onto Supra MT. The auto blip was so good that I never heel & toe myself.. Perhaps I got lazy with the new tech.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another option to consider -
We carry and have helped develop these kits for the Evora and V6 Exige - GRP Blip Module
We plan to test and fit one to our shop Emira once it arrives.
Depending on if things have changed much from the Evora as far as tps connectors etc it will hopefully be a pretty easy adaptation and we will have them available soon.
Would this work if someone had a JUBU 500 upgrade that used a Syvecs ECU?

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Would this work if someone had a JUBU 500 upgrade that used a Syvecs ECU?
Jubu‘s Syvecs ECU options have the Autoblip function if you want it, Juergen at Jubu confirmed this to me a couple weeks back….

Honcho

Reaction score
It would be handy to have when really pushing on. One less thing to get wrong. I think hey could implement it easily enough in the menu. i.e if brake and clutch pressed > blip. I had an Ecutek car map that did this and it worked well. I doubt we'll ever see it though.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We setup the Xineering unit with a on/off switch on the steering column in our shop car so for cruising around you can have it off and then an easy flip on for the track/canyons etc.

skydude

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We setup the Xineering unit with a on/off switch on the steering column in our shop car so for cruising around you can have it off and then an easy flip on for the track/canyons etc.
Do you have this on your Emira?

blacklotus

Reaction score
Auto blip is a really nice to have. I used to do rev matching, heel & toe with my Evo X, but moved onto Supra MT. The auto blip was so good that I never heel & toe myself.. Perhaps I got lazy with the new tech.
I've been using the auto rev match on my Nismo 370Z for a few years. Turned it off to start practicing again for my Emira. Feels like I can't even drive a manual anymore :ROFLMAO:

I am sort of happy the Emira doesn't have the option. So I won't fall into the same trap.

allenyao09

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've been using the auto rev match on my Nismo 370Z for a few years. Turned it off to start practicing again for my Emira. Feels like I can't even drive a manual anymore :ROFLMAO:

I am sort of happy the Emira doesn't have the option. So I won't fall into the same trap.
That's true. After 1 year my heel & toe skills are getting rusty too