Emira V6 Manual "Auto Blip" Downshift Rev-Matching

falconexe

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any Lotus has ever had the Auto Blip feature on the manual transmission where the ECU blips the throttle to match the revs of the lower gear upon downshifting? I had this feature on my 2014 Audi S4 and it was brilliant. I am test driving a Porche GT4 tomorrow and it has an Auto Blip toggle button. I just sold a 2019 Subaru STI Limited and it DID NOT have this feature, and I was having a blast downshift rev-matching myself. It is not a deal breaker, and I assume it does not, because it is a purest type car, but it is a nice feature to have on a modern manual sports car. Thanks guys!

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Exige V6 Auto "blips" on downshift - not too sure about the manual.
Hi this is my first lotus and I will
Be going auto v6..
is yours a auto v6 what’s your thoughts on the auto box ? I’ve come from a 2019 c63s so I’m interested in your opinion on the auto .
I was going amg but if the wait is to long then Ile go for v6

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Be going auto v6..
is yours a auto v6 what’s your thoughts on the auto box ? I’ve come from a 2019 c63s so I’m interested in your opinion on the auto .
I was AMG all the way but am leaning towards V6 now - impatience getting the better of me?! :ROFLMAO:

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Exactly that …
I would love the dct amg specially coming from a new c63s .
but the v6 sounds decent plus all base models in future will be dct so we could allways change to one layer down the road .
I just want one on the drive haha defo impatient 🤦🏼‍♂️

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Be going auto v6..
I really like the Auto Trans. Suits me for smooth daily driving around town, but switching to "sport" the tone changes and using the paddles are so much fun. When I first had the car the trans would "stick" in park (5 years ago) - it didn't strand me anywhere but it was frustrating. Took it to the dealer and they loaded new software to both engine and gearbox. Wow what a difference, it was more responsive and gear changes were quicker imo. Both engine and trans are rock solid - I have 85000 Kms and it drives like new. That's why I like the Toyota option with Auto. The Exige was actually quickest around the Hethel track than the manual albeit something like 0.1 second if I recall. I can only think Lotus will apply their magic to the ECU and transmission software of the Emira. I think the real time will be closer to 4.1 secs with 0-100kph when they release the production models to the press. In relation to "tone" I have 2.5" exhaust piping as my Exige S has 350bhp, with 400bhp (possibly 416bhp) and 3" piping on the Emira it's going to sound great. The Exige has been the most reliable car I have owned and I have had many cars.

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I really like the Auto Trans. Suits me for smooth daily driving around town, but switching to "sport" the tone changes and using the paddles are so much fun. When I first had the car the trans would "stick" in park (5 years ago) - it didn't strand me anywhere but it was frustrating. Took it to the dealer and they loaded new software to both engine and gearbox. Wow what a difference, it was more responsive and gear changes were quicker imo. Both engine and trans are rock solid - I have 85000 Kms and it drives like new. That's why I like the Toyota option with Auto. The Exige was actually quickest around the Hethel track than the manual albeit something like 0.1 second if I recall. I can only think Lotus will apply their magic to the ECU and transmission software of the Emira. I think the real time will be closer to 4.1 secs with 0-100kph when they release the production models to the press. In relation to "tone" I have 2.5" exhaust piping as my Exige S has 350bhp, with 400bhp (possibly 416bhp) and 3" piping on the Emira it's going to sound great. The Exige has been the most reliable car I have owned and I have had many cars.
Thanks mate real appreciated makes me feel far more confident in my choice ! Can’t wait to hear one in real life 👌🏽

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Exactly that …
I would love the dct amg specially coming from a new c63s .
but the v6 sounds decent plus all base models in future will be dct so we could allways change to one layer down the road .
I just want one on the drive haha defo impatient 🤦🏼‍♂️
Not sure if same AMG gearbox but I found my Evora 400 auto to be very similar to the auto in my old AMG GT.

I expect I will go V6 auto again for the Emira

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If it's offered, I sure hope it can be turned off... with the hydraulic steering and the manual transmission, I'm attracted to this being the among last analog, pure feeling cars made. I wanna do the rev matching!

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I asked a Lotus rep at the B&C showing, there is no auto-blip on the downshift in the V6 manual, just have to H&T like a hero

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not sure if same AMG gearbox but I found my Evora 400 auto to be very similar to the auto in my old AMG GT.

I expect I will go V6 auto again for the Emira
This is really reassuring thank you !
Really don’t want a manual ! Love paddles and want to continue with them on the emira!

Reactions: DJW

Stormcloud

Reaction score
Good info - I did ask a Lotus fellow at the Ashford event if the v6 had rev matching, he asked what that was... I swiftly moved on.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Doesn't one of the jubu kits include it?

I was looking at the 440 and it looked that that doesn't but somehow it's just the ECU?