Emira Test Drive by Forum Member

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Still using the blue washer filler cap. The Nimbus car at Goodwood had the black one. In the best traditions of Lotus, using what they have to get the cars out.

Attachments

• 3FD0301B-DDFD-47AF-804A-0EB81F72E4B9.jpeg
    3FD0301B-DDFD-47AF-804A-0EB81F72E4B9.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 130

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Some more pics of DV in full sunlight and the privacy glass
Thank you so much for these! It appears if you had this car in JUST the right lighting, you would see the flake and the green, otherwise, the other 98% of the time it will look black. A bit dark..

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you so much for these! It appears if you had this car in JUST the right lighting, you would see the flake and the green, otherwise, the other 98% of the time it will look black. A bit dark..

Dark, and occasionally verdant!

Reactions: JXJ

Chris2409

Reaction score
Still using the blue washer filler cap. The Nimbus car at Goodwood had the black one. In the best traditions of Lotus, using what they have to get the cars out.
Thanks for posting! Couple of questions if you don’t mind!

Was the gear change good on both cars that you drove?

How about pedal placement for heel toe?

Also who were the instructors that ran the day? The old academy had some pretty good names (BRDC members) have they kept this?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think lots of people not going to be happy with dv.
I'm locked in that colour which I thought had the most promise but in reality not the best.
Nimbus is the best colour I have seen so far.
I have chosen Seneca Blue, but given the choice of colour from the Lotus back catalogue, I would have Starlight or Motorsport Black. I saw an Exige in that colour and it looked amazing. I think the Emira would too.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Also who were the instructors that ran the day? The old academy had some pretty good names (BRDC members) have they kept this?
Also... If they said that the cars weren't quite production ready did they say what was still to be improved?

OP
JXJ

JXJ

Reaction score

Yes gear change was good in both cars, pedals set well for heel and toe. The lead instructor was Martin Donnelly ex F1 and some younger guys and gals out with us for our laps.

OP
JXJ

JXJ

Reaction score
Also... If they said that the cars weren't quite production ready did they say what was still to be improved?
From what was said pretty much production, some small parts missing, wasn’t obvious what was missing, but to be honest I wasn’t looking to closely more interested in the driving dynamics. They did say they have 60 cars partially built i.e. awaiting missing parts, from what was said I don’t think it is a specific shortage of one part, more parts!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Obviously too late for you to ask, but maybe somebody else can on their experience day... On the tour suspended vehicles, are they also equipped with the LSD? A few reviewers seemed to think that could have been the source of the understeery behaviour, so worth considering opting out of that if you are going with tour setup. 🤔
Doesn't affect me directly, as I presume the i4 will have some e-diff malarky, but could be useful knowledge for V6 buyers.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Obviously too late for you to ask, but maybe somebody else can on their experience day... On the tour suspended vehicles, are they also equipped with the LSD? A few reviewers seemed to think that could have been the source of the understeery behaviour, so worth considering opting out of that if you are going with tour setup. 🤔
Doesn't affect me directly, as I presume the i4 will have some e-diff malarky, but could be useful knowledge for V6 buyers.
All V6 supposed to have the LSD as far as I know

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The issue with the DV car is too much dark. The black wheels, dark interior and privacy glass are too much. The picture of the back with the yellow EMIRA 2 plate does a great job of creating contrast. I was originally going to get black wheels, but I'm glad I switched to silver and yellow calipers. The tan interior is going to look great in this setup, and I deleted the privacy glass option on mine.

At night the car is going to look very stealthy; all you'll see are reflections in motion.

So they're just waiting on key parts... parts they can't (or don't want to) ship without. That has to be very frustrating for them too.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The issue with the DV car is too much dark. The black wheels, dark interior and privacy glass are too much. The picture of the back with the yellow EMIRA 2 plate does a great job of creating contrast. I was originally going to get black wheels, but I'm glad I switched to silver and yellow calipers. The tan interior is going to look great in this setup, and I deleted the privacy glass option on mine.

At night the car is going to look very stealthy; all you'll see are reflections in motion.

So they're just waiting on key parts... parts they can't (or don't want to) ship without. That has to be very frustrating for them too.
Yeah, I changed to the tan leather and yellow calipers but kept the black wheels. I don't like how dark it is. Too late for me to change color I believe.

User461

Reaction score
This is kind of what I was expecting at this point for DV. Not disappointed but could be a little more green.

Completely agree with the contrast. This car needed coloured (preferably yellow) calipers and a contrasting interior. And for some maybe even contrasting wheels.