• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I could be wrong, but I thought that the geo difference was linked to the tyre selection and not the chassis type?

So Cup2s get the more aggressive geo (that suits that tyre) and Goodyears get a different geo (on both sport and touring chassis).
Matching alignment to tire makes way more sense than matching alignment to suspension setup. In the end, alignment is about your tire’s contact with the road and tires are designed and constructed with specific ranges of alignment parameters in mind.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I'm not a fan of Jalopnik, but this was a surprisingly good review. AND..... now we know what the destination charge is: $2,200, at least in the U.S. anyways.
Jalopnik used to be much better. Now it's mostly click bait.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting point about the "seat too high" comments. I agree with Harry that it's just perception due to the lower door/window line.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting point about the "seat too high" comments. I agree with Harry that it's just perception due to the lower door/window line.
I'm going to do my best to reframe myself with this as i do respect Harrys opinion.
Just not sure it will be able to compete with "oh sh!t I feel like I'm sat 'on' an MGF........."

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Great commentary, thoughtful and measured, and so enjoyable to watch. His style is so much more easy to watch than the Schmeeeeees of the world.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad he seems to love it still, but still surprising even Harry has experienced random limp modes and fault warning lights. All of this should have been found and sorted before custom cars got released.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Re: handling — Harry should disable his power steering if he wants to find out what that’s really like — as a couple forum members have found out.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
He obviously doesn’t slum it with easyjet though, cos their spec case fits in the boot.
And two behind the seats. (55x40x23cm)

722D4530-3B71-4AC0-8948-9BA89098E64E.jpeg
294CF2A5-C2FE-4196-98EF-2D28551E5C59.jpeg

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yep, my carryon will lay flat like that in the boot. Just needs to be “pivoted” in.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Re: handling — Harry should disable his power steering if he wants to find out what that’s really like — as a couple forum members have found out.
Yes when he said the front was so light you could drive it without power steering I almost choked