• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira performance - disappointing?

Tobiasz17azs

Reaction score
I was the one who was considering how the Emira would perform compared to cars I've owned, like the M2C and Porsche Boxster GTS. I thought I'd get nearly the same level of performance for a much higher price. I was also considering the Z06 C8, but I wanted a car with manual transmission and rear-wheel drive. I ultimately chose the Lotus, and I couldn't be happier. The car looks like a million dollars, very precise. But what matters most is that it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. It feels special, and that's what matters most to me—not numbers, but how I feel.

kertong

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It feels special, and that's what matters most to me—not numbers, but how I feel.

Agree completely. In my experience, "handling" can mean two different things - one is the quantifiable data, i..e skidpad, slalom, laptimes etc. The other part is subjective - how it feels and communicates with the driver, how it reacts to weight balance changes and having its limits tested.

IMO - A good handling car will put out great track #s, but not all good track numbers generating cars will handle "well". A porker of a GTR can put down some absolutely blistering and impressive laptimes on most any track - but on an early sunny sunday morning on a backroad, the GTR falls far to the bottom of my list of cars to take. An Emira, Boxster, or even a Miata, would be my pick! Not all drivers would agree, and it's valid - different strokes for different folks. But these are the folks that gravitate towards something like an Emira. For the rest, we have the vettes and GTRs to scratch their powerlust.