Emira ordered!

OP
Gemolack

Gemolack

Reaction score
Very exciting - congratulations! May I ask, when did you place your initial (£2k) deposit? (I'm still waiting for my call and I placed my deposit on 11/07).
I placed the deposit around early August. I left my email details with B&C after the Emira showing and pretty much heard back within two days.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Very exciting - congratulations! May I ask, when did you place your initial (£2k) deposit? (I'm still waiting for my call and I placed my deposit on 11/07).
Be interesting to know how you get on I placed deposit on 08/07..........

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If it helps, I placed my deposit in the evening on 8th July and only got the call on Friday at 4:30pm.

OP
Gemolack

Gemolack

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! What was it that tipped you into committing? Styling? Spec? Lotus dynamics? The whole package?!
Lotus as a brand never crossed my mind . I was 90% committed in buying a used Aston Martin Vantage. I just found the Emira by chance and it has a wow factor. Great looks and it seems fantastic value for money.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Lotus as a brand never crossed my mind . I was 90% committed in buying a used Aston Martin Vantage. I just found the Emira by chance and it has a wow factor. Great looks and it seems fantastic value for money.
That's kinda funny as in order to fund the Emira I will be selling my Vantage!🤣 They are two of the best looking cars ever - they are both that special.

I've loved having the Vantage (4.7 manual, sportspack, carbon seats, meteorite silver, dark grey leather with silver contrast stitch) For the last 8 years but it's time for something new and the call of the Emira was stronger than anything else by a country mile.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Fantastic, congratulations and welcome to the Lotus family!

For the benefit of others, the calls are going to take another couple of weeks. They’d done 25-30% by end of last week. Don’t read anything into the order they’re calling people.

Build slots are only being allocated for V6 First Editions at this stage. So anyone paying the £5k is in that batch from Spring 2022 onwards. Actual delivery dates won’t get worked out until after the current window closes on 5 Nov. They won’t be finalised until everyone’s orders have then been committed, about 4-8 weeks after that.

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What colour/spec did you go for and did they give you an idea of build slot/delivery timescale?
I went for yellow with grey leather (decided before Shmee announced this as his spec!!). They just said "from May".

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So this 'phone call' just occurs randomly and they ask for a confirmation of order? I am very concerned I will be asked to make a commitment before anyone's even reviewed a press car. Also nobody's driven the I4. How are we supposed to make an informed decision on this?

OP
Gemolack

Gemolack

Reaction score
So this 'phone call' just occurs randomly and they ask for a confirmation of order? I am very concerned I will be asked to make a commitment before anyone's even reviewed a press car. Also nobody's driven the I4. How are we supposed to make an informed decision on this?
Mine was an email

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The phone call is to ask if you want to go down the V6 FE route or not. If you do then you have to increase your deposit and give an intended configuration. This is still a refundable deposit and changeable spec. At some point in a few weeks you will be asked to confirm your order. That may be before press cars and demo cars. This is the compromise you have to make as an early adopter of a newly-launched car. If you are uncomfortable with this then you can defer your place until later.

If you don’t want a V6 FE then you will go into a second round, which will happen later.

If you miss their first call they will probably email you to ask the same question.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi, I love this forum and I wanted to say that I love that there is finally a forum dedicated just to this great car. I wanted to ask you something, I wanted to know if you could help me make it some scale car company in 1:18 scale since it is the only Lotus Emira that I can afford for the moment haha, the configuration of the launch edition in shadow color gray rims Silver Ultra-lightweight V-spoke Forged Alloy Wheels like this one.
PLEASE HELP ME.
There was a limited edition model of the blue show car on sale at Goodwood. I believe it sold out. I’m sure there will more produced at some point.

Stormcloud

Reaction score
The phone call is to ask if you want to go down the V6 FE route or not. If you do then you have to increase your deposit and give an intended configuration. This is still a refundable deposit and changeable spec. At some point in a few weeks you will be asked to confirm your order. That may be before press cars and demo cars. This is the compromise you have to make as an early adopter of a newly-launched car. If you are uncomfortable with this then you can defer your place until later.

If you don’t want a V6 FE then you will go into a second round, which will happen later.

If you miss their first call they will probably email you to ask the same question.
Completely agree. They will do this but do not want to tell the depositors as most expect to be able to drive the car before committing. Oddly, the risk is biased to those who actually want to keep the car long term. Those who are indifferent and change often or will blatantly flip the car don't care, it will sell for overs, unless it's god awful, which it wont be.