Confused about steering wheel options

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So the word is Lotus will make the options on the wheel available for V6 manual - read that somewhere and hope it's true. But that still leaves the question why a little strip of tanned leather costs an extra £400?? It's otherwise exactly the same as the black leather wheel included in the base FE price.

Screenshot 2021-10-04 102449.png

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Completely agree, I can't make sense of it either.

I can understand perhaps the additional £400 if you're going from the standard leather to the alcantara with the coloured band, but to simply add a coloured band and stitching onto the normal leather wheel for £400 is insane.

OP
frazzer

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I can understand perhaps the additional £400 if you're going from the standard leather to the alcantara with the coloured band, but to simply add a coloured band and stitching onto the normal leather wheel for £400 is insane.
My thoughts exactly

JPS_67

Reaction score

Just go for the black leather steering wheel and use whatever color tape you like as there is no problem that duct-tape can't solve ;)

OP
frazzer

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
hoping not to need any duct tape on the FE!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
hoping not to need any duct tape on the FE!
Me neither but duct tape, a few cable ties and a Leatherman can sort most minor ills! Of course once it's into the dark arts of electronics and engine mgmt we are all snookered.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My dealer has a local trimmer who will do the coloured stitching and centre marker for £170. So I’ll probably go for black and have it done later.

Lotus must be taking a lesson from Porsche on options pricing :)

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My dealer has a local trimmer who will do the coloured stitching and centre marker for £170. So I’ll probably go for black and have it done later.

Lotus must be taking a lesson from Porsche on options pricing :)
I assume the local trimmer won't be able to 100% colour match to the leather colour (in my case Grey)? Won't be the end of the world, and definitely not worth £400 in itself.

I'll probably go down that route too with Jamie's contact.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Trimmers can do an amazing job on colour matching. It was Jamie who told me about the £170 option and they've done it for many Elise/Exige/Evora previously.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Apparently you've never spent any time on the Porsche configurator....

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, Emira Lovers, I wanted to say that I love that there is finally a forum dedicated just to this great car. I wanted to ask you something, I wanted to know if you could help me make it some scale car company in 1:18 scale since it is the only Lotus Emira that I can afford for the moment haha, the configuration of the launch edition in shadow color gray rims Silver Ultra-lightweight V-spoke Forged Alloy Wheels like this one.
PLEASE HELP ME.
Someone please ban this spammer