Emira high speed autobahn run, 0–60 tests, B road driving

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Found this great video of an experienced driver doing some high speed runs on the autobahn, as well as a couple informal 0–60 tests at the end:

And for those who enjoyed that, it looks like he also did another similar video of all B road driving:

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don't think I'd every feel comfortable driving that fast on a public road, but these guys probably do it all the time.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
at these speeds its essential your trousers match your exterior body paint, that's why he backed off at 260kph but nailed it on the B roads

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Passing a GT3 and M2

This is highly encouraging to watch. The straight line speed isn't anything to write home about but it shows you what this car can do in corners which makes it look insanely fun to drive on curves. Taking some of those curves at ~100mph in the Emira looks like an absolute blast and this driver has got some skills.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've been in the Emira with a pro driver on track pulling 1.8 G on corners (according to the display). Hard to believe how much mechanical grip there is. You need to trial brake into tighter corners to load up the front and it will turn in beautifully.

Last edited:

Callabrator

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Throttle blips seemed responsive and gear changes seemed crisp! Very encouraging to see! Great driving!

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've been in the Emira with a pro driver on track pulling 1.8 G on corners (according to the display). Hard to believe how much mechanical grip there is. You need to trial brake into tighter corners to load up the front and it will turn in beautifully.

1.8g Christ, most I've managed do in mine is 1.4g. I have managed 175mph though ;-)

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Either that's instantaneous Gs or the display is wrong -- the engine would be dead in no time if it were pulling 1.8Gs.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Great video. I tried to see if the Porsche or the BMW had a passenger but I couldn't tell from the video.

JP__FOX

Reaction score
Cheers guys, yes that's me on track and loving the Emira! I know the BMW didn't have a passenger as he's a mate but I didn't see the Porsche to check.

Yes I've been to Goodwood a few times so have an idea where the track goes but always room for improvement, especially as it was my first time driving the Emira on track. I'm looking forward to getting back out there now I've fitted some better pads and getting used to driving it flat out :D

I was hoping to get some nice photos of it on track but didn't realise the Goodwood track days that they organise themselves don't have a photographer! Thankfully there was a nice spectator who captured the only picture I have on track! :D

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Cheers guys, yes that's me on track and loving the Emira! I know the BMW didn't have a passenger as he's a mate but I didn't see the Porsche to check.

Yes I've been to Goodwood a few times so have an idea where the track goes but always room for improvement, especially as it was my first time driving the Emira on track. I'm looking forward to getting back out there now I've fitted some better pads and getting used to driving it flat out :D

I was hoping to get some nice photos of it on track but didn't realise the Goodwood track days that they organise themselves don't have a photographer! Thankfully there was a nice spectator who captured the only picture I have on track! :D

I wondered about the passengers because obviously you are carrying weight and if they aren't even more impressive.

Is your Emira sports suspension on Cups?

JP__FOX

Reaction score
How was the body control? Watching the vids of cars going around Hethel, there looked to be quite a lot of body roll.

There's a little bit of body roll but not a massive amount and you don't want a road car to corner too flat to be honest as the downsides far outweigh the benefits on the road. It'd be good to see a few more pictures from the outside on track to see what it's doing so will hope to get more on the next track day 😁

d15b7

Reaction score
JP__Fox —— thanks for the vid upload! Also wanted to say very nice driving my friend!! I’m a driver coach (USA mostly East Coast tracks) and I really liked your hand position (and nice quiet hands on the wheel). The braking looked nice and composed (were those the factory stock pads?). And your shifting was EXCELLENT!!! Many (most!) of my students/clients want to rush the shifts and slam it into gear and upset the chassis — really really nice job matching revs and quietly selecting gear. Impressive!

PS I love the engine sounds, and the power band looked very nice and very linear. Thanks again for the vid upload. Can’t wait for mine to arrive (looking like late ‘24 or early ‘25 I reckon 😞)