Emira high speed autobahn run, 0–60 tests, B road driving

JP__FOX

Reaction score
JP__Fox —— thanks for the vid upload! Also wanted to say very nice driving my friend!! I’m a driver coach (USA mostly East Coast tracks) and I really liked your hand position (and nice quiet hands on the wheel). The braking looked nice and composed (were those the factory stock pads?). And your shifting was EXCELLENT!!! Many (most!) of my students/clients want to rush the shifts and slam it into gear and upset the chassis — really really nice job matching revs and quietly selecting gear. Impressive!

PS I love the engine sounds, and the power band looked very nice and very linear. Thanks again for the vid upload. Can’t wait for mine to arrive (looking like late ‘24 or early ‘25 I reckon 😞)

Thanks, that's much appreciated and it's a really satisfying shift if you don't try to rush it :)

Yes that's on standard pads and I've since fitted some Winmax W5 so looking forward to trying it with those on and being a bit firmer with the brakes :D

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Found this great video of an experienced driver doing some high speed runs on the autobahn, as well as a couple informal 0–60 tests at the end:

And for those who enjoyed that, it looks like he also did another similar video of all B road driving:

The wind noise!! What is up with that? Is it his camera set up or something more nefarious? Anyone experiencing this issue?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The wind noise!! What is up with that? Is it his camera set up or something more nefarious? Anyone experiencing this issue?
Probably has the windows down. Some track event organizers require that, so in case you get in an accident and they can't get the door open, they can get you out through the window opening.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Either that's instantaneous Gs or the display is wrong -- the engine would be dead in no time if it were pulling 1.8Gs.
That has to be instantaneous, which is still freaking impressive.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Probably has the windows down. Some track event organizers require that, so in case you get in an accident and they can't get the door open, they can get you out through the window opening.
Except he’s not on a track. He’s filming every day life. Why would he have the window down. I’d like a current owner to weigh in here. What the hell is up with that wind noise? That can’t be right? The Evora wasn’t anywhere near that.

JP__FOX

Reaction score
Except he’s not on a track. He’s filming every day life. Why would he have the window down. I’d like a current owner to weigh in here. What the hell is up with that wind noise? That can’t be right? The Evora wasn’t anywhere near that.

The wind noise in the first vids posted seems bad but it also seems like there's a lot of wind noise at the start of each video before he's actually driving so I think it's just the camera microphone he's using.

There is a bit of wind noise in mine but nowhere near that level and to be honest, I only notice it above legal speeds anyway.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The driver stated "as for the wind noise; the car turned out to have a loose window rubber" in the comments of that video.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry about that, I had just looked at the track video of the guy on Goodwood and had that stuck in my brain.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That has to be instantaneous, which is still freaking impressive.
The display shows the max Gs pulled in that session and that's what it showed for either left or right, don't remember. So yes, instantaneous I expect. I wasn't looking at the gauge whilst been driven, was too busy trying to learn the track.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I drive with the windows down all the time, little to no buffeting and not that noisy at B road speeds. I put them up if I'm consistently doing 65mph+ at which point it's noisy as expected.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I drive with the windows down all the time, little to no buffeting and not that noisy at B road speeds. I put them up if I'm consistently doing 65mph+ at which point it's noisy as expected.
Appears the driver had a bad window seal. Glad to know but also unlocked a new thing to worry about