Emira GRP Third Cat Delete Pipe and Milltek Active Valve Exhaust Control Install Video

Quick update: Installation was a success, car sounds great. I'll share a few things once I've got the garage put back in order and have some time. Big thanks to forum member @djprov431 who stopped by and was a massive help with the install and to the other members who stopped by to help.
It was fun! Great to meet some local drivers and happy to see you making some proper noise with your Emira! Enjoy!!
 
I am absolutely LOVING the more aggressive exhaust music and as someone mentioned Saturday, now it's the perfect tunnel or underpass car! I'm making two videos from our Meet last Saturday where some of you joined me to mod the Emira. This one is about the upgrades and the next one will be about our Lotus & Friends Car Club, events, etc. and will come out next week.

So please check out the video and share it.

@Dragoon As I mentioned, this is not a standalone install video, it's meant to go with your video and/or the PDF instructions provided by GRP. Is there a way maybe to include the vid/link on your OP?

 

[用户=2976]Ebarke[/用户]​

成员​

我刚装到车上(2025年12月初买的),没有用尾管膨胀器也能装得够紧。我用1.5小时装完!(还用扎带把阀门控制器线束绑在保险杠上!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20251212_172347.webp
    IMG_20251212_172347.webp
    304.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I don't have the controller, but I do have a the 3rd cat removed. Friend recorded this video of me from his car. Wind noise is not the greatest, GoPro didn't have a dead-cat on it. Car needs to be louder, I'm fixing that next spring, already have the Valvtronic cat-back on the shelf. Just waiting on what headers I'm gonna go with in a month or two.

 
IMG_1394.webp
Here is my addition to the 3rd cat install collective. I was able to do the entire install alone with regular tools. I only took off the rear plastic piece and not the aluminum panel.

Took me about 1.5 hours start to finish. I have an essentially new car so the fasteners were easy to remove.

The new exhaust gasket is mandatory. The OEM doesn’t survive removal of the cat pipe.

I used a small sledge with a 1’ length of 1x2” to “massage” things.

My Milltek pipe was a tight fit in the OEM exhaust outlet. I would buy an exhaust spreader to slightly increase the inner diameter of the Oem pipe to make it easier to install. I just rotated the new Milltek pipe up and down about 1000 times to slide it in. When it wouldn’t go further I placed a ratchet strap so it compresses the joint and tapped with the aforementioned 1x2” wood with the mini sledge to the joint area until it closed up.

My shoulders and back are feeling way older than their 60 years today. But it can be done by one person.
 
Installing mine now but:
1. It was a bitch to remove the OEM cat.
2. It's a bitch to install milltek cat delete. It's really tight and I've been at it for hours. Just a few mms more but damn I would've paid someone else to do this.

Note if using quick Jack, the corner bolts to remove tray gets blocked by the quick Jack depending on how u set it up. Learned it the hard way. This would had been easier with an actual lift imo. Gonna go to bed and hopefully tomorrow I can squeeze the last few.
1000008394.webp
1000008393.webp
 
Last edited:
Installing mine now but:
1. It was a bitch to remove the OEM cat.
2. It's a bitch to install milltek cat delete. It's really tight and I've been at it for hours. Just a few mms more but damn I would've paid someone else to do this.

Note if using quick Jack, the corner bolts to remove tray gets blocked by the quick Jack depending on how u set it up. Learned it the hard way. This would had been easier with an actual lift imo. Gonna go to bed and hopefully tomorrow I can squeeze the last few.View attachment 84925View attachment 84926
I know how it can be. When I had my Evora it was a struggle to change the exhaust. Things did not line up quite right and there was some corrosion on the bolts. For me, the Emira was a breeze. Took about an hour all in.
To be expected with a hand built car.
 
Couldn't finish it so took it to a local shop, they were able to line up the pipe to bolt it but wasn't able to push the pipe to axle back further in. Said it should be fine. Probably have local lotus check it out when I get the software updates.
 
Couldn't finish it so took it to a local shop, they were able to line up the pipe to bolt it but wasn't able to push the pipe to axle back further in. Said it should be fine. Probably have local lotus check it out when I get the software updates.
Glad you got it sorted. It is TOUGH! It was a B**** when I did mine and was thankful to have some Lotus friends here for moral and PHYSICAL support. I don't think I could've done it by myself. Now enjoy! Best, Pete
 
Couldn't finish it so took it to a local shop, they were able to line up the pipe to bolt it but wasn't able to push the pipe to axle back further in. Said it should be fine. Probably have local lotus check it out when I get the software updates.
Put some Permatex Anti-Seize on it, and it will slide right in. I spent like an hour trying to wiggle it on, but then I put the pipe in the Freezer for 15 mins, and put some anti-seize on it, and it literally went on almost effortlessly.
 
Yeah I tried that too from reading the thread but that last few mms just didn't want to go in lol.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top