Emira Custom Plates

Clam

Reaction score
The plinth will sit on the lower lip, so a standard plate will look like this:
View attachment 740
View attachment 741
I’m still wondering how Lotus is integrating the US license plates, as our plates are taller and will likely block some front airflow, not to mention a redesign of the rear plate area. I asked this question at a live viewing in December and the rep didn’t have an answer don’t require front plates. Do you know any info on this, Tom?

Okay, Google, which states don’t require front plates? Maybe the family won’t mind relocation for this noble cause.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I didn't get any more info on US license plate plinth. I saw the UK front plinth on the lower front lip. We asked if that affected airflow and cooling and were told Lotus had done modelling and hot weather testing to ensure all global number plate arrangements would be OK in that respect. But they didn't explain if different plinths were needed for different countries - it's quite likely I think.

So it's just the visual impact we need to be concerned about. I suspect the Evora front plate is a decent indication of what will be possible.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any idea what that went for?
After I bought FA57 LTS (FAST LOTUS!) I thought I'd take a look for FA57 BMW (for my M2C), that was over £9k :oops:! Considerably more than what I paid! Will be interesting to see what the market dictates for plates with there being so much interest in the Emira.
I think it went for £6-7k. I dropped out a long way before that!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m still wondering how Lotus is integrating the US license plates, as our plates are taller and will likely block some front airflow, not to mention a redesign of the rear plate area. I asked this question at a live viewing in December and the rep didn’t have an answer don’t require front plates. Do you know any info on this, Tom?

Okay, Google, which states don’t require front plates? Maybe the family won’t mind relocation for this noble cause.
Even in 2 plate states, no way I’m putting anything on this beautiful front-end. Keep the plate in the back “Just got done with a factory service and detailing. Heading home to put it back on now officer.”

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 1503I picked this up a few weeks back, on basis there’s no badge on back and it’s a bit of fun. Car people will get it I think. Though does require delivery before 1st Sept!
Nice! (y)

Looked for EM12AHY (Emira, Hethel Yellow), but only managed to find EM12AYR.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well gentlemen I pulled the trigger on a personalized license plate today.
This comment will undoubtedly cause some controversy here but here goes.
I see no real point in getting a personal license plate displaying the model of car..."EMIRA"
That will already be displayed somewhere on the car anyway.
I mean it's like someone buying a Porsche and putting "911" or "BOXSTER" on the plate......silly in my humble opinion.
I wanted to put something meaningful, something historical to the Lotus brand, something that makes people think... conversation starter.
My first choice was "LAST ICE" however it was already taken so my second choice and the choice that was available is:
Screenshot_20220123-135623_Gallery.jpg

Now I just have to hope I get an Emira allocation, or it will be going on my Hyundai Veloster N, and then I'll have a lot of explaining to do.😜

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I see no real point in getting a personal license plate displaying the model of car..."EMIRA"
I mean it's like someone buying a Porsche and putting "911" or "BOXSTER" on the plate......silly in my humble opinion.
I wanted to put something meaningful, something historical to the Lotus brand, something that makes people think... conversation starter.
My first choice was "LAST ICE" however it was already taken so my second choice and the choice that was available is:
View attachment 2596
Now I just have to hope I get an Emira allocation, or it will be going on my Hyundai Veloster N, and then I'll have a lot of explaining to do.😜
Where part of Ontario are you in? I'm just a mile from Ontario in Northern NY.

All of this license plate bidding is so foreign (literally 😄) to us folks in the states.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Where part of Ontario are you in? I'm just a mile from Ontario in Northern NY.

All of this license plate bidding is so foreign (literally 😄) to us folks in the states.
I'm very close to you in a city called Hamilton Ontario, still part of the GTA.
45 minutes to the border.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
View attachment 2596

Despite having "LOTUS" in big silver letters on the back, a nose badge and four wheel centre caps with the logo plus "Evora" on the back and side repeaters I still get people asking "what car is that?". So I see no harm in having car-related plates :)

I like yours and I like plates that prompt some thought.

This one is quite well known for being Lotus-related but niche:

Evora ADD3MANA.jpg

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Despite having "LOTUS" in big silver letters on the back, a nose badge and four wheel centre caps with the logo plus "Evora" on the back and side repeaters I still get people asking "what car is that?". So I see no harm in having car-related plates :)

I like yours and I like plates that prompt some thought.

This one is quite well known for being Lotus-related but niche:

View attachment 2607
You're probably right on that Tom, but I never get people who buy a Boxster or Cayman and put Boxster and Cayman on the plates.
I love the futuristic script I've seen for the word "Emira."

Rufy

Reaction score
I was thinking at 3 possibilities, in my country I have 5 letters or numbers (at least one number):

1) L0TUS, but maybe it's a little bit too showy, and useless, as it's written on the car

2) JPS12, reminds the john prayer special number 12 for Ayrton Senna, but if you think at the number itself, JPS12 was the chassis of the F1 lotus driven by Ronnie Peterson in 1976, so.. not the right recall

3) V6400, very normal plate (generally here we have the first letter and four numbers, V letter is still free), but to pay 1k to get a "normal" plate.. still undecided

I just don't want to have numbers by the case. Any advice?
Thanks

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was thinking at 3 possibilities, in my country I have 5 letters or numbers (at least one number):

1) L0TUS, but maybe it's a little bit too showy, and useless, as it's written on the car

2) JPS12, reminds the john prayer special number 12 for Ayrton Senna, but if you think at the number itself, JPS12 was the chassis of the F1 lotus driven by Ronnie Peterson in 1976, so.. not the right recall

3) V6400, very normal plate (generally here we have the first letter and four numbers, V letter is still free), but to pay 1k to get a "normal" plate.. still undecided

Thanks
I've gone for TS 10TUS in the UK- my thinking is TS for my initials and 10TUS for the obvious reasons . From the front, unless you are into cars, you wouldn't know its a Lotus. Yes it says it on the back but hey ho - re-enforces the message

I have 96 TS but wanted to keep that on the M3 I have.

San Marino - nice place! :)

Rufy

Reaction score
I've gone for TS 10TUS in the UK- my thinking is TS for my initials and 10TUS for the obvious reasons . From the front, unless you are into cars, you wouldn't know its a Lotus. Yes it says it on the back but hey ho - re-enforces the message

I have 96 TS but wanted to keep that on the M3 I have.

San Marino - nice place! :)
(y):D

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Thanks
Maybe you could go for EMIR1
Although they might think you are the ruler of some country.

Lucky you guys that can personalize. In Spain they don't give us option to even think. We go random 3 letters and 4 numbers, so boring.